• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Okay just found out what this ballot thing is about. Just casted my vote for Rayman.

Now to rallying Rayman supporters. :4villager:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Just for fun, all the character taglines for Smash 4 so far:
:4yoshi: Yoshi Rolls Into Battle!
:4sheik: Sheik Appears Into the Scene!
:4zss: Zero Suit Samus Zeroes In!
:4villager: Villager Comes to Town!
:4megaman: Mega Man Joins the Battle!
:4wiifit: Wii Fit Trainer Weighs In!
:rosalina: Rosalina and Luma Launch Into Battle!
:4littlemac: Little Mac Punches In!
:4greninja: Greninja Makes a Splash!
:4charizard: Charizard Fires It Up!
:4palutena: Palutena Alights!
:4pacman: PAC-MAN Hungers for Battle!
:4lucina: Lucina Wakes Her Blade?!
:4robinm: Robin Brings the Thunder!
:4shulk:Shulk Foresees a Fight!
:4bowserjr: Bowser Jr. Clowns the Competition!
:4duckhunt: Duck Hunt Takes Aim!
:4mewtwo: Mewtwo Strikes Back!
:4lucas: Lucas Comes Out of Nowhere!

Which of them you like the most?
:4greninja:'s, :mewtwomelee:'s fanboys tears at the time were delicious.

Of course that's in the past now.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The hype train has no brakes! >:)

It had been quite a while since a Nintendo Direct as good as this one.

Them Ganondorf and Dark Pit amiibos... I want them. :4ganondorf::4darkpit:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I've seen lots of people requesting for Skull Kid, Shadow, Ridley and Ghirahim and when people tells them why they can't they always pull the same card: make it like Toon Link in the Spirit Train.

Thing is, it's not that simple, especially with Ridley.

Strofirko

Smash Master
After Lucas I expecting around 4 or 5 characters,not too much or too less.
The fact the same guy still working on the DLC is very impressive after all the "he needs to quit" drama.
Expecting news of smash director found dead on his office after getting spammed about the wonders of shrek in smash.
:yeahboi:

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I've seen lots of people requesting for Skull Kid, Shadow, Ridley and Ghirahim and when people tells them why they can't they always pull the same card: make it like Toon Link in the Spirit Train.

Thing is, it's not that simple, especially with Ridley.
Like I said before, I think there is enough of a difference between Other M Ridley and Classic Ridley to not have them confused during battle. I think the only thing that might be problematic is that stage hazard Ridley uses classic Ridley icon for K.O.'s, but they can just make an Other M icon and then swap them in a patch.

For others, unfortunately, I dont see alternatives for.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Expecting some anime girl? Too bad! IT WAS ME, DIO!
:troll:
I saw this and I just posting it because it is based on a true story:

:yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi:
That pic of the girl with the derpy face anatomy oh lawd

I think I've actually seen a bit of that anime and it is QUALITY.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Like I said before, I think there is enough of a difference between Other M Ridley and Classic Ridley to not have them confused during battle. I think the only thing that might be problematic is that stage hazard Ridley uses classic Ridley icon for K.O.'s, but they can just make an Other M icon and then swap them in a patch.

For others, unfortunately, I dont see alternatives for.
>Classic Ridley

Because it makes sense to have classic Ridley alongside Other M Samus.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Went to Miiverse on Smash's Popular Posts, expecting to see tons of funny and clever drawings/pictures related to what was shown at last night's Nintendo Direct.

Left disappointed.

Soul.

I am glad more characters are coming, but at the same time.... *sigh* speculation

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Weebs will love the new FE more than usual

I am glad more characters are coming, but at the same time.... *sigh* speculation
>No Pikachu avi

Did I enter some weird alternate dimension?

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Still processing everything, it's gonna take a while longer. Especially because the final Xenoblade Chronicles X Direct has been confirmed to be a week tomorrow, all about the Dolls. Hype mode activated. Again.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Who's everyone voting for in the Smash Ballot?
I voted for Snake and I'll probably be voting for someone else once I get an idea.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
>Classic Ridley

Why not? Other M Samus is much less of a deviation from the original design than Ridley. Besides, if Fire Emblem characters can use non-Awakening designs even with Robin and Lucina in the game, then Ridley can be whatever he wants.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Why not? Other M Samus is much less of a deviation from the original design than Ridley. Besides, if Fire Emblem characters can use non-Awakening designs even with Robin and Lucina in the game, then Ridley can be whatever he wants.
Ike and Marth in Awakening only appear as DLC that doesn't affects the story at all and the latter as a disguise for Lucina, they're not even the actual characters but Einherjars and taking in mind they're all from different eras it's no that :083: of an idea, all other series keep their characters to their most recent appearance or a specific installment.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
Im honestly less annoyed by people requesting unlikely characters than I am by people who try to make characters seem impossible by exaggerating the smallest of problems.
Ike and Marth in Awakening only appear as DLC that doesn't affects the story at all and the latter as a disguise for Lucina, they're not even the actual characters but Einherjars and taking in mind they're all from different eras it's no that :083: of an idea, all other series keep their characters to their most recent appearance or a specific installment.
Story matters not, those are theyr most recent incarnations that ware ignored, and since an exception exist, there can exist more. And hey, Ridley would ALSO be DLC, so he would fit in with the theme nicely.

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I wonder what Sakurai's face will look like when he sees all these Shrek requests...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Problem is that Sakurai made Other M Ridley a composite character of original Ridley and clone Ridley.

The trophy description says how he's "Samus's arch-nemesis" and his debut game is listed as Metroid on the NES. The design however is from Other M.

Not too different from Link, who has his Twilight Princess design, but is listed as debuting on the NES game and has allusions to other Zelda games besides Twilight Princess (OoT Fairy on the side taunt, Skyward Sword and Fierce Deity costumes, intro based on NES Zelda, aerial moves from Zelda II...).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Classic Ridley

That's something I've been pointing out for quite a while now. It just doesn't fit. Why would you have Other M Samus and Super Metroid Ridley?

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
I'm honestly more annoyed by all the people wanting sora considering he isn't nintendo property.
See, the thing is, Im not annoyed by people who want theyr favorite in, as unlikely as they are, thats fine by me, as long as they dont act like certain people with Naruto nicknames. What annoys me are people who specificaly go out of theyr way to crush those people with stupid arguments.
Problem is that Sakurai made Other M Ridley a composite character of original Ridley and clone Ridley.

The trophy description says how he's "Samus's arch-nemesis" and his debut game is listed as Metroid on the NES. The design however is from Other M.

Not too different from Link, who has his Twilight Princess design, but is listed as debuting on the NES game and has allusions to other Zelda games besides Twilight Princess (OoT Fairy on the side taunt, Skyward Sword and Fierce Deity costumes, intro based on NES Zelda, aerial moves from Zelda II...).
Fair enough... but then again, Toon Link :p

Smash4Godz

Smash Cadet
Porky peters piper pickled peppers pop pan PIZZA
NNID
hunterx24
See, the thing is, I'm not annoyed by people who want theyr favorite in, as unlikely as they are, thats fine by me, as long as they don't act like certain people with Naruto nicknames. What annoys me are people who specifically go out of theyr way to crush those people with stupid arguments.

Last edited:

Smash4Godz

Smash Cadet
Porky peters piper pickled peppers pop pan PIZZA
NNID
hunterx24
Fair enough, but there are also the characters they are requesting like kratos. Any person with some type of logic would notice that kratos isn't in sony and a demigod character whose game are rated M wont be making it into smash brothers 100% I think thats going to be the case with snake I don't see him returning because of rights and the fact that metal gear made smash bros brawl go to a teen rating instead of everybody. I might be wrong about the metal gear one tho.[/quote]

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Story matters not, those are theyr most recent incarnations that ware ignored, and since an exception exist, there can exist more. And hey, Ridley would ALSO be DLC, so he would fit in with the theme nicely.
There's again a problem with that:
Fire Emblem is a franchise where almost all instalments take place in different eras, changing always the entire cast with Anna's exception (and even she didn't appear in one game) with alternate worlds, different continents, etc. Metroid, always has Samus as the protagonist and Ridley appears in most games, that woud be like if they put Assault Falco and 64 Fox. It wouldn't look right.

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
There's been very little consistency between designs of characters in Smash for a long, long time. Zelda characters have never made sense, for some reason almost completely ignoring Skyward Sword with these latest ones. Very few of the older characters look old, if you didn't know anything about Ness, for example, you wouldn't know that his game is 20 years old. I don't see how Super Metroid Ridley and Other M Ridley can't find a compromise to co-exist in these games if Spirit Tracks and Wind Waker Toon Link can.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
There's again a problem with that:
Fire Emblem is a franchise where almost all instalments take place in different eras, changing always the entire cast with Anna's exception (and even she didn't appear in one game) with alternate worlds, different continents, etc. Metroid, always has Samus as the protagonist and Ridley appears in most games, that woud be like if they put Assault Falco and 64 Fox. It wouldn't look right.
Isnt Other M Ridley a clone though? And again: Samus doesnt look all that different from her regular incarnation, so he would fit in, especially with the rest of the cast.

As for Star Fox comparison... if they can put blocky-as-heck conductor Link and HD Toon Link in the same game, I dont think its too much of a problem, yet again.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Five characters that I wish were in Smash 4:
-Mewtwo
-Lucas

-Wolf
-King K. Rool
-Bandana Dee

Come on baby, just three more!

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
Fair enough, but there are also the characters they are requesting like kratos. Any person with some type of logic would notice that kratos isn't in sony and a demigod character whose game are rated M wont be making it into smash brothers 100% I think thats going to be the case with snake I don't see him returning because of rights and the fact that metal gear made smash bros brawl go to a teen rating instead of everybody. I might be wrong about the metal gear one tho.
But then you have an actual GOOD point to present them: the fact that the competition own the rights to the character, others (like relevance to the company's history or how well the characters fits in) are subjective, especially after Snake got in of all people, in his MGS2 incarnation no less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom