• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
You know, usually I'd jump on these things with uninterrupted optimism but keep in mind that their currently in-progress Sonic movie has had no media attention for God knows how long. Considering most of us thought that would be out by the end of this year, I'm going to fear the worst if SEGA and/or Sony says nothing of this at E3.

In other news, between Pixels, Ratchet and Clank, Sonic, Mario, and now Pokemon and Smash, Sony's leading the ring with possible gaming movies. Looks like Disney got to step up their game for Wreck it Ralph 2. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Ryu in SSB wouldn't be that crazy. Hell, technically, Mario, Luigi, and Dr. Mario are somewhat similar to him. I wouldn't be surprised if Mario, Luigi, and Dr. Mario's movesets were inspired by him. I mean, it's Street Fighter, the fighting game that along with Mortal Kombat, is known by tons of people young and old. The only difference would be translating him from Street Fighter to SSB which seeing how Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager were translated from vastly differently game styles, still work and work beautifully. It'd be hilarious if Ryu from Street Fighter didn't get in, but Ryu Hayabusa in his retro look and style got in instead.
Like I said earlier, they should make him a combo-centric character somehow. It would differentiate him from the other shoto-inspired characters like Mario and bring something new to the table at the same time, since there are no really combo heavy characters in Smash 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Thanks to logic, they'd probably base it upon 3DS/Wii U, not Brawl. So while a Subspace-esque story isn't bad, I bet they would rather go for something else.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Like I said earlier, they should make him a combo-centric character somehow. It would differentiate him from the other shoto-inspired character like Mario and bring something new to the table at the same time, since there are no really combo heavy characters in Smash 4.
Technically, Mario's combo-centric too, but Ryu could be more different in that he could combo with his Jab, tilts, Specials, etc.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just realized that the new DBZ Movie premieres this weekend...

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
If there was a Smash Bros. movie, we all know who the producer and director will be :troll:

D

Deleted member

Technically, Mario's combo-centric too, but Ryu could be more different in that he could combo with his Jab, tilts, Specials, etc.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. Don't know exactly how something like that would work in Smash without some sort of move cancelling system in place though.
If there was a Smash Bros. movie, we all know who the producer and director will be :troll:
Tommy Wiseau?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It will totally be Kojima! He is into the cinematic experience, plus Snake was in Brawl! Maybe he will get Sakurai to make Snake DLC if he makes the SSB film! :troll:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That's pretty much what I was thinking. Don't know exactly how something like that would work in Smash without some sort of move cancelling system in place though.
IASA frames being close to when Ryu ends his attacks, so he could say, Jab 1, Dtilt, and Ftilt almost like it was a Jab combo, but with different directional input. The main thing is keeping it from being insane like what Fox's Jab cancel is. It would have to be where Ryu can't do a ton of damage and he can't spam a move to quickly like Fox being able to repeat Jab 1 and 2 over and over. In a way, King Dedede and Sheik's Jab works like this.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I didn't even know it was DragonBall evolution had a video game until my sister showed me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, I felt sharing awesome Paper Mario stuff on Tumblr I find, so....

It's so well done :)
That's actually pretty well made. I forget which one is Kooper and which one is Koops. But I think the Blue one should be the cocky one. But it's still great.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That's actually pretty well made. I forget which one is Kooper and which one is Koops. But I think the Blue one should be the cocky one. But it's still great.
Kooper is on the left, Koops is on the right

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So Megan Fox as Pretty Palutena? I guess Shia LaBouf would be the perfect Pit in that case. :troll:
Don't forget Ganondorf and Mr. Game & Watch being offensive stereotypes.

Though I'm pretty sure that Fox would be Zelda and Shia would be Link.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I decided to kill some time and listen to the Smash Sound test

The order of the :4palutena: voice clips really invites you to have dirty thoughts :4dk:

And :4mewtwo: sounds really cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom