• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
He could also be a versatile zoner.
Nah. Ryu has one projectile and that's fairly slow moving, albeit huge. I'm more imagining a character with fast attacks but lower knockback. So it won't be hard for him to do, say 50% in a combo or two, but you'll have to be at 150-170% before he can kill you.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I see Ryu as an All-Around character with a really high learning curve

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok i can't digure out what the song is called but.

There was a remix of the battlefield theme in 64 when you fight the polygon team

And clearly its not called duel zone. By the music list.

Or is it one of those cut songs.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
what it Ryu sucks in smash, like if they put him in the game and the only good move was his jump. Will it kill everyones hype.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Thanks. This guy needs to make a comeback, he's my favorite character after Knuckles.
Speaking of which, you may want to check out Sonic Misadventures, an upcoming Adventure themed Sonic SFM cartoon by TailsChannel and co., first episode of which broadcasts sometime (hopefully early) next month. The confirmation of Mighty in the Chaotix arc (and the Chaotix arc in general) sold me on it. The previews are up on the TailsChannel youtube page.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
what it Ryu sucks in smash, like if they put him in the game and the only good move was his jump. Will it kill everyones hype.
If his jump is good that automatically makes it better than Little Mac :troll:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Speaking of which, you may want to check out Sonic Misadventures, an upcoming Adventure themed Sonic SFM cartoon by TailsChannel and co., first episode of which broadcasts sometime (hopefully early) next month. The confirmation of Mighty in the Chaotix arc (and the Chaotix arc in general) sold me on it. The previews are up on the TailsChannel youtube page.
I'll definitely check it out! ;)

D

Deleted member

Subspace Emissary, but, feature length. :crazy:
That would work well... but considering it is Sony we're talking about, they're obviously going to **** something up. :4dk:
I don't think this is happening, anyway.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You need more power?! You already have power! :troll:
But I'm not a Super Mod like IsmaR. :p

Ryu in SSB wouldn't be that crazy. Hell, technically, Mario, Luigi, and Dr. Mario are somewhat similar to him. I wouldn't be surprised if Mario, Luigi, and Dr. Mario's movesets were inspired by him. I mean, it's Street Fighter, the fighting game that along with Mortal Kombat, is known by tons of people young and old. The only difference would be translating him from Street Fighter to SSB which seeing how Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager were translated from vastly differently game styles, still work and work beautifully. It'd be hilarious if Ryu from Street Fighter didn't get in, but Ryu Hayabusa in his retro look and style got in instead.

If Roy returns and ends up having the same moveset from Melee, he's already a semi-clone by how his Flare Blade is animated and works along with Counter's animation. He'd be the Dr. Mario to Mario and in a way, would be the "opposite" of Dr. Mario to Mario. Marth wants to space and play it safer sort of like Dr. Mario while Mario wants to go in and tear you to shreds. Knowing Roy's centered hits mechanic, he'd be perfect for rushing in and dealing a ton of knockback and damage. Roy's name wouldn't be much of an issue even if it's reused from Roy Koopa for his character pick and victory announcements. He would get complaints of being another clone added in... Oh well.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Disney should do the Smash Movie to see :4zelda: singing Let it Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom