• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
The Wii U is dead. It had so much wasted potential.
Unfortunately this is the case right now. There are very few 3rd party games which most of them are terrible shovelware games.
The wiiu is dead since it's release on 2012.
Mine is still downloading.
View attachment 64500
Lucina represents the Nintendo NX. Little mac is the Wii U.
What the ****? Gone for like 40 minutes, where did all this hate come from?

I don't know if this means anything, but most the people I know that still game own a PC,WiiU and 3DS
You end up getting the most well made IP's.

And I don't know about you guys but most of these recent big name 3rd party titles aren't all that good.
Take anyone's steam account for example, how many hours do you really think people play compared to the amount of games they own?

Having a huge library isn't as amazing as everyone makes it seem like.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Howdy, everyone!

Today was easily one of my best days this summer thanks to some exciting news. And to top it off, I found that Angel Kitty plush I've been tracking down for months.

@FalKoopa bring your finest banhammer for page 2499, I'm not holding back.
Le Woody.png

THE sfw GOODS WILL BE DELIVERED!

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility

I don't know if this means anything, but most the people I know that still game own a PC,WiiU and 3DS

And I don't know about you guys but most of these recent big name 3rd party titles aren't all that good.
Take anyone's steam account for example, how many hours do you really think people play compared to the amount of games they own?

thanks you.
this is literally just the truth.
Oh no this pizza slice is too big....
i had pizza too actually...

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

I was more going for the music but okay.

Idk, the Wii U is what the Gamecube was to me: fun, even if they lack a lot of fancy bells and whistles. I feel like saying anything is "dead" is just a tired and overused strawman of an argument. The Gamecube ain't dead, The Wii ain't dead and so on until people start going on and on about how the NX is dead.

Consoles don't die, they simply exist. The experiences we have with them are what is alive, just like all art.

Sometimes, I have the feeling the people who claim the Gamecube/Wii/Wii U is dead is because they want Nintendo to fade into obscurity. It is a little depressing that their big sales numbers are mainly coming from the big Nintendo names (Mario, LoZ, Animal Crossing, etc.), but you can't really blame Nintendo for that. They're been trying to expand and extend their hand to new experiences, but onlookers are unwilling to accept that.

For the Wii U, we've gotten quite a few amazing experiences thanks to Nintendo, such as Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101. They've even put all their effort into providing a new multiplayer shooter experience in the from of Splatoon. It incorporates unique mechanics we haven't in other shooters (i.e. the Squid form); it's very vibrant and marketable; it's accessible for kids without being overtly violent; and they've been supporting it with free DLC content and competitions to get the ball rolling. Thankfully, it seemed to all pay off in the end in sales numbers and marketing.

Before someone starts dumping on a console's existence just because it has games they don't like, they should look at the bigger picture.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
oh hey,
screencap.png

cool.
ok.

Give me 5 titles that are worth waiting for that will not be on 3DS or other consoles.

thats not really fair considering our taste may differ on whats good or bad. for instance, you could hate Xenoblade while I could be very interested in it, or that Star Fox game.

Soul.

Wii U is not dead... yes it had a ****ty time when it launched, but who really cares. It's getting games.
NX is something else; never, never, and ever call it a Wii U replacement when we know next to nothing other than it being another console with a "brand new concept." This goes to the 3DS too - the New 3DS is a mere revision. It's nothing big. They can release the next handheld right now if they wanted to, but the 3DS is doing well in general so that's straight up BS.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
oh hey,
View attachment 64508
cool.

thats not really fair considering our taste may differ on whats good or bad. for instance, you could hate Xenoblade while I could be very interested in it, or that Star Fox game.
just any game. I like all types of games. 5 games that are hype worthy.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It is more crazy than yandere I think. I don'y really know much about yanderes thougg
Yandere is like kuroneko from *gag* Oreimo and Yuno from Future Diary

And I guess I can add the boy isn my icon because of the way he acts
Ren.Kouha.full.1773917.jpg

How could Microsoft betray us?!??!
#Linuxantimicrosofthivemind
Joke if you couldn't tell

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Im ****ing hot and irritated because I am hot
My Go to First Unread button is totally hacked.

Anyway, just got back from watching Pixels. It's definitely going down in my book as one of the legendary worst movies of all time (next to Cat in the Hat and The Last Airbender). The movie actually froze in a couple spots, which was hilarious. For some reason, I got the strange feeling I was watching an anime the entire time. I wish Ludlow was the main character of the story, though. His moments were pure GOLD. Everything about the movie was just as laughable as Ludlow himself.

So yeah, the movie totally SUCKS, but I'm glad I watched it. One movie I just couldn't miss. :pimp:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
just any game. I like all types of games. 5 games that are hype worthy.
fine fine.
Star Fox
Xenoblade X
Mario Maker
Yoshi's Woolly World
The Legend of Zelda Wii U

Plus theres also FE X SMT if you're interested in the looks of that

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Why it took me so long to realize that Mordecai and CJ's children would be Swablu and Altaria?

T

Trick or Treat

Yandere is like kuroneko from *gag* Oreimo and Yuno from Future Diary

And I guess I can add the boy isn my icon because of the way he acts
View attachment 64511

#Linuxantimicrosofthivemind
Joke if you couldn't tell
Spoiler for Powerstar to avoid.

They enjoy using people as game pieces and enjoy torturing them for their own amusement. They also lick honey off of each others' bodies.

Is that more yandere or crazy?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
lol, ive just heard FE fans arent very hype for the game because the art, so i dunno.
It's because it looks more Persona than SMT or FE. Personally, the art style is a major turn off but the gameplay is what kept me interested.

Fates, however, has my full attention with the amount of content being put for hardcore and casual players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom