• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I lose weight through reading Internet arguments. I lose calories as fast as I lose brain cells; so it evens out in the end.

T

Trick or Treat

Classic discussion time (since my friend just got back from seeing Ant-Man and was finally able to talk to me about it, haha. :p)!

If a massive empowering event happened and you got some form of superpower, what would you want it to be and why? What would you do with it?

Personally I'd love to have full control over plant growth (Phytokinesis). Practical uses include reduced grocery bills due to growing a full grown apple tree in several minutes, eliminating world hunger, reforesting the Earth's rainforests, stabilizing soil in areas with low vegetation, providing discount corsages for proms and such, and bouquets for weddings. Combat uses would be mainly defensive (plant and root barriers, etc). Casual uses? Manipulating cacti to grow in funny shapes.

Really versatile. Just not really...combative really, haha. :p
Trap and strangle your opponet with thorny vines.

Or create a huge Venus Fly Trap that eats people.

Well, the bad guys.

D

Deleted member

Did I miss anything while being AFK? No? Good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
You're not too shabby yourself, Envy. But I referring more to the physical type of girl, not so much the virtual. I mean, I'm pretty sure you're real, I'm just saying face-to-face interactions... I'm talking again, aren't I? It's the thought that counts. Thank you :D
Hey man. It's possible to be real in the virtual and physical setting. This is just another way of getting our thoughts across. Just to comment on what you said. Have a good night!

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Jalapeno and Cheddar Sausage W/ Chips. A bowl of Salad. And an Apple.

Not the weirdest post-workout snack I had.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Classic discussion time (since my friend just got back from seeing Ant-Man and was finally able to talk to me about it, haha. :p)!

If a massive empowering event happened and you got some form of superpower, what would you want it to be and why? What would you do with it?

Personally I'd love to have full control over plant growth (Phytokinesis). Practical uses include reduced grocery bills due to growing a full grown apple tree in several minutes, eliminating world hunger, reforesting the Earth's rainforests, stabilizing soil in areas with low vegetation, providing discount corsages for proms and such, and bouquets for weddings. Combat uses would be mainly defensive (plant and root barriers, etc). Casual uses? Manipulating cacti to grow in funny shapes.

If I could have plant powers I would go screaming "VENUSAUR!" while spamming Frenzy Plant

I would like to have Pyrokinesis instead or some power based on poison/decay

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

Classic discussion indeed. :D
You picked a good power. It's not OP and is useful as a means for non-combative ends.

My power, on the other hand
The ability to create things that are intrinsically impossible.
That is, things like a round cube, or a blocky circle, or a completely unpaired baryon particle, or one of those cool optical illusion things you see that's like the infinite staircase, or create a rock so heavy that I couldn't lift it, and then lift it.
Basically break the rules of causality.
Because it'd be OP as ****
But that'd also mean I wouldn't exist, since it's intrinsically impossible, and anything which is not causal in its nature is that which cannot exist.
I mean, if I did have the power, that would mean I'd be more omnipotent than the Scholastic definition of omnipotence, to do that which is directly contrary to all things, therefore invalidating all things, therefore ending all things, therefore not having the ability to end all things since ending implies a logical progression from potentially gone to actually gone. It also runs directly contrary to the word 'create', since that which can be actualized is those things that are potential. Intrinsically impossible things are not in potentiality at any time anywhere and cannot be conceived as such without literally everything about potential, actual, causal, etc. falling apart.

You see what I mean? It can't even. It's literally Lovecraft with the implications of the horrors beyond spelled out logically.

Dang it, I want that power.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
WWE STAHP
IM TIRED TO SEE JOHN CENA FIGHTING FOR THE WHC TITLE

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Classic discussion indeed. :D
You picked a good power. It's not OP and is useful as a means for non-combative ends.

My power, on the other hand
The ability to create things that are intrinsically impossible.
That is, things like a round cube, or a blocky circle, or a completely unpaired baryon particle, or one of those cool optical illusion things you see that's like the infinite staircase, or create a rock so heavy that I couldn't lift it, and then lift it.
Basically break the rules of causality.
Because it'd be OP as ****
But that'd also mean I wouldn't exist, since it's intrinsically impossible, and anything which is not causal in its nature is that which cannot exist.
I mean, if I did have the power, that would mean I'd be more omnipotent than the Scholastic definition of omnipotence, to do that which is directly contrary to all things, therefore invalidating all things, therefore ending all things, therefore not having the ability to end all things since ending implies a logical progression from potentially gone to actually gone. It also runs directly contrary to the word 'create', since that which can be actualized is those things that are potential. Intrinsically impossible things are not in potentiality at any time anywhere and cannot be conceived as such without literally everything about potential, actual, causal, etc. falling apart.

You see what I mean? It can't even. It's literally Lovecraft with the implications of the horrors beyond spelled out logically.

Dang it, I want that power.
You mean, we'd finally know what would happen if an unstoppable force met an immovable object? :D That'd be potentially groundbreaking, haha. Hell, some of the things you'd be capable of would be almost Lovecraftian in nature, as you said.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
MY TIME TO CHANGE FATE IS NOW :4lucina:
LUCENA.jpg

After seeing this during a match, I completely lost all my focus and ended losing because I was laughing too hard

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Speaking of Cena, Rollins just broke his nose

/notkayfabe

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Well, looks like I'm not gonna finish Part 5 tonight. Gonna have to take a shower right now and sleep in an hour. Also, Wrestling's fa- ah you guys already know my opinion on WWE. :4falco:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It's lurking out somewhere... it's waiting for an appropiate time to show up...

Keep tuned to find out more
It's missing something
It's definitely missing something
Can you guess what it is?
I bet you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom