• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Welp. I just killed Deoxys. Oh well. I'll just revive it later or something. unless you can't, in which case, I've lost my trade material
Deoxys respawns after beating the buffed E4, it's a good thing because you can reset for good IVs and natures easily

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I still remember this gem
I remember I site I used to go to (and still check in on every now and then) had a vast hatred for Smogon. Sometimes I don't agree with Smogon, but I'd be willing to go by their rulesets regardless.

Also, didn't they allow Giratina-Origin for OU testing once? How'd that go? I'm curious.

T

Trick or Treat

Aha! @Erika I know who the familiar character is.
Kinda was a bit unsure when I heard the name, but Shannon was definitely in that case. Kinda weird seeing her as a clumsy and shy person, though.
Yup she's the one. In the case I waa like "Hey it's Shannon!" But then she was different lol.

Also, sorry that it might seem kind if dull and slow right now. The introductory stage takes a while. But after that it picks up and gets really interesting!

So just hang in there!

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Yup she's the one. In the case I waa like "Hey it's Shannon!" But then she was different lol.

Also, sorry that it might seem kind if dull and slow right now. The introductory stage takes a while. But after that it picks up and gets really interesting!

So just hang in there!
Well, it's certainly a bit interesting. Even though I like info, I just don't like it when characters speak in expositions. You know, like they're telling their life story or seemingly repeating an "obvious" detail. That should be left to the narration imo. But meh, I'll be entertained until the "rising action" portion. :upsidedown:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, anyways, what's going on here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
> Chun-Li

I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYY don't want a THIRD Capcom character in Smash. Not that I'm against the company, but I would rather see Sakurai focus on a company who HASN'T gotten the Smash 4 treatment (or to a severely lesser extent, a second Sega or Bandai-Namco character)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'm going to have my characters talk in haiku the few times they do talk. The rest of my story is AABB iambic hexameter

D

Deleted member

> Chun-Li

I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYY don't want a THIRD Capcom character in Smash. Not that I'm against the company, but I would rather see Sakurai focus on a company who HASN'T gotten the Smash 4 treatment (or to a severely lesser extent, a second Sega or Bandai-Namco character)
But Fenicks Rite tho :4duckhunt:

T

Trick or Treat

Well, it's certainly a bit interesting. Even though I like info, I just don't like it when characters speak in expositions. You know, like they're telling their life story or seemingly repeating an "obvious" detail. That should be left to the narration imo. But meh, I'll be entertained until the "rising action" portion. :upsidedown:
Just hang in there until the game begins and you will be all set. As much as I love the series, I feel as though the VN has too much exposition at the begin.

However, the anime has very little, almost none at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Just hang in there until the game begins and you will be all set. As much as I love the series, I feel as though the VN has too much exposition at the begin.

However, the anime has very little, almost none at all.
Well, I guess the good thing about long expositions is that the characters have a very strong foundation in their, uh, character to build on later in the story.

Gosh dangit Battler, you have to act like such an annoying weeb, don't you...? I'm just waiting for HIS character to finally develop. :p

T

Trick or Treat

Well, I guess the good thing about long expositions is that the characters have a very strong foundation in their, uh, character to build on later in the story.

Gosh dangit Battler, you have to act like such an annoying weeb, don't you...? I'm just waiting for HIS character to finally develop. :p
Exactly. I am all about buildup and foundation, which is why the anime was kinda...not great. Because they throw you into the events with episode 2. So you only get 1 episode to try and care about and build up these characters, which just doesn't work well.

You can always skip around a little bit here and there. It's really around... Part 6 and especially Part 7 when the exposition ends and things pick up. ._.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
A topic about sexes? Interesting.

Fun trivia; Gender doesn't refer to a person's biological identity. Gender refers to whether a person has a masculine or feminine personality.

If you're asking whether a person is male or female, then you're referring to their Sex.
So I guess I'm both Genders then :4pacman:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Exactly. I am all about buildup and foundation, which is why the anime was kinda...not great. Because they throw you into the events with episode 2. So you only get 1 episode to try and care about and build up these characters, which just doesn't work well.

You can always skip around a little bit here and there. It's really around... Part 6 and especially Part 7 when the exposition ends and things pick up. ._.
Nah screw that, I want to know EVERYTHING. Everything is important to me when I go through a novel whether it be significant or insignificant. That's partly why I have the entire first 2 cases of Phoenix Wright 1 memorized.
Good thing I chose the novel route. :grin:

Soul.

I remember I site I used to go to (and still check in on every now and then) had a vast hatred for Smogon. Sometimes I don't agree with Smogon, but I'd be willing to go by their rulesets regardless.

Also, didn't they allow Giratina-Origin for OU testing once? How'd that go? I'm curious.
It was an April Fools' Day joke. Gira-O's movepool is so good it only needs two moves in OU. Like, Aura Sphere + Shadow Ball, then SubCM and a bunch of **** I can't tell. Smogon was mostly kidding with the suspect test even if people thought it was the real deal. It basically was reminiscent of Aegislash's time in OU.
Then again, OU is cancer nowadays so make of that what you will.

T

Trick or Treat

Nah screw that, I want to know EVERYTHING. Everything is important to me when I go through a novel whether it be significant or insignificant. That's partly why I have the entire first 2 cases of Phoenix Wright 1 memorized.
Good thing I chose the novel route. :grin:
Especially for a series like this, know a lot is pretty important. It is a series that makes you think, that's for sure.

Not that the anime is bad, but if you really want the full effect and impact, novel is the way to go!

Soul.

Mega Politoed with permanent Drizzle would be rad as **** but it would have to be bulky, too, since it has no recovery outside of RestTalk.
Then I don't know what would make normal Politoed worth using over its hypothetical Mega Evolution. Scarf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom