• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Catalonia, a Spanish region.

Ever heard of Barcelona? That city is part of said region.

The language spoken there, besides Spanish, is Catalan, which IS NOT a Spanish dialect.

*Picks my two-handed sword and stabs you through the heart*

Fool.
That is interesting.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Is the language talk are ended? Or else i'm going to take the door like that.
bowser_dancinggif_001_by_bennythebeast-d6qfc6p.gif

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
I'm baaaaaaaack. I'm so ****ing mad my 3DS Circle Pad popped off. At least I can use the white part underneath.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
why would you leave because language talk?
I don't known. It's remind of me when i was learning Deutsch at school and i hated that. So since i don't have school now. I don't want to have bad memorie.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Ohhhhhhh............ Myyyyyyyyyyy...........

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODOOOOOOT!
I finished the case. Finally. It was a major mind**** for me. @Erika you HAVE to finish it.
@ Ryu_Ken Ryu_Ken

Does this case have the music, too?
I don't know about that. Haven't heard the soundtrack from that series, so I wouldn't know.
Yeah, that part's annoying. But it's all for a good reason. ;)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I remember learning a bit about Catalan in my college Spanish class, since my professor was from Spain and visited places like Catalonia and Andorra quite a bit. Fascinating how it developed into a language all its own, instead of an offshoot of Spanish like lots of people think. Almost like Pennsylvania Dutch, which became a language all its own in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and surrounding areas after the German settlers developed their language differently due to geographic isolation from their mother tongue.

Don't mind me though, linguistics was always just fascinating to me, haha.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That is interesting.
A more correct name for Spanish is actually Castilian, named after the Castile region of Spain.

Spain was actually a bunch of several kingdoms that were eventually united under Castile. There is a good chunk of languages in Spain because of that.

Being Romance languages, they're all similar. Except Basque, which has completely different origins and is quite different from the rest of the Spanish languages.

How do I know this? I've been to Spain more times than I can count. lol

Plus, languages are an interesting subject for me.

T

Trick or Treat

|
Ohhhhhhh............ Myyyyyyyyyyy...........

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODOOOOOOT!
I finished the case. Finally. It was a major mind**** for me. @Erika you HAVE to finish it.

I don't know about that. Haven't heard the soundtrack from that series, so I wouldn't know.
Yeah, that part's annoying. But it's all for a good reason. ;)
Oh! Do you remember the case where you heard the Umineko music I posted yesterday?

And I just made it to the Finale of this case. This is crazy!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
oh btw, I actually forgot that someone gave me a 15$ google play which I redeemed like a year ago.

And you can actually buy music with it so....I was thinking of getting classical stuff. I always wanted to check if I like classical cause tbh, I think I do :)

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Roy > All :cool:

..it's Roy > Marth > Lucina for me. Counting all FE Smash characters imo Roy > Ike > Marth > Lucina > Fem Robin > Male Robin
Lucina>Marth. Marth is overrated as ****

I just HAD to put this in one of my messages.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I don't known. It's remind of me when i was learning Deutsch at school and i hated that. So since i don't have school now. I don't want to have bad memorie.
oh, thats fair. sorry then.
oh btw, I actually forgot that someone gave me a 15$ google play which I redeemed like a year ago.

And you can actually buy music with it so....I was thinking of getting classical stuff. I always wanted to check if I like classical cause tbh, I think I do :)
classical is pretty nice in my opinion.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Robin>Marth>Ike>Lucina>Roy IMO. :p

Yep. Chrom>Robin>Marth>Ike>Lucina>Roy