• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
for lack of a better word, this theme is imo quite "underrated"
It's not a bad song, I don't listen to it much because I'm liking listening to this when browsing through MM5's soundtrack

EDIT: I SUCK at embedding media on Smashboards!

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
It's not a bad song, I don't listen to it much because I'm liking listening to this when browsing through MM5's soundtrack

Uh, the music I posted is from MM4...
But yeah, Protoman's MM5 theme is great too, and it at least gets the appreciation it deserves.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
...With that aside, MM2's Wily Castle theme is still one of my favorites, as "overrated" as people may call it, it's still a really great theme that still holds up.

Last edited:

Soul.

Mega Man and Bass' Cold Man theme always gets me. It sounds cool...
... Granted, I've never played Mega Man games until late 2014 with me buying Mega Man 3 on my 3DS.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Mega Man and Bass' Cold Man theme always gets me. It sounds cool...
... Granted, I've never played Mega Man games until late 2014 with me buying Mega Man 3 on my 3DS.
I've only played Megaman X and X2 completely, though they were both on ZSNES and used save states...I should probably play the originals huh...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What's that? You wanna know the roster I'd have for Soul Emblem if it existed? Well here it is.

1. Marth
2. Ike
3. Robin
4. Lucina(Chrom as P2)
5. Roy(Eliwood as P2)
6. Lyndis
7. Hector
8. Alm(Dread Fighter look)
9. Ephraim
10. Eirika
11. Tharja
12. Micaiah
13. Black Knight
14. Tiki
15. Gangrel
16. Anna
17. Corrin
18. Azura

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
What's that? You wanna know the roster I'd have for Soul Emblem if it existed? Well here it is.

1. Marth
2. Ike
3. Robin
4. Lucina(Chrom as P2)
5. Roy(Eliwood as P2)
6. Lyndis
7. Hector
8. Alm(Dread Fighter look)
9. Ephraim
10. Eirika
11. Tharja
12. Micaiah
13. Black Knight
14. Tiki
15. Gangrel
16. Anna
17. Corrin
18. Azura
this seems pretty correct to me.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I should probably play the originals huh...
If you do, what you should definitely not do is start with the first Mega Man, it's easily the hardest. Instead Mega Man 2 or 4's imo a good place to start with the original series. I'd say 5 as well for being the easiest, but you already finished X1 and X2 soo....
10/10 roster, has my seal of approval

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok so, I have decided to have enough patience and do my "WHY ARE YOU CRAZY TO SPEND SO MUCH ON HEADPHONES????" essay on my gamepad (thanks draft feature :) ).

This is long because it's just not simple, if it was, I wouldn't be inactive for a week here.

Before I had my Bose AE2i, I didn't even realised the importance of using loseless files, my previous headphones were so cheap it didn't made a difference. The Bose felt MUCH better and I only bought them because of the price, I expected better quality and it was much better, but I overrated them for one reason: relativism.

If you listen to mp3 64 kbps ALL YOUR LIFE like even youtube EVERYTHING, you might find it "ok" because you never heard better. If you ever decide to be crazy and listen once to a 320 kbps file, you will hate 64 kbps for the rest of your life because they would sound so much better that you will just become dependent on high bitrate and lossless files.

But if you have crappy headphones, it's not going to change that. The files gives MUCH better experience that even crappy headphones could notice it, but if you never tried another pair of headphones, you have nothing relative to compare to say they suck. So it will sound "ok" to you.

I think you realise my point now, you cannot say that what you have is crap because you need to have something to relate to. With files format, it's very easy, just download the right files. The problem is headphones, you need more expensive one to even consider thinking your current one is crap. You certainly don't have the money to buy more headphones to compare them so you could have crappy one and just be fine with it because you never heard better and trying to requires too much to be worth it.

You might be lucky and happens to have good stuff, but it's very rare, it's random since you didn't related to anything.

How my audio life got to come this far was a staircase effect. I had cheap headphones with heavily compressed files. I started to care about headphones quality so I bought my bose without deep info, but they felt so much better I hated my older headphones (I actually broke like 3 of them). For me bose was amazingly good so much that once, I noticed crappy stuff in my music and realised that compression did it. That's how I became to hate SO MUCH lossy format that I don't even consider going back to lossy.

But for files, it's the best you can do. lossless is like the max possible quality for files. The next thing is the headphones and after it's the source, but the source was crappy and idk that. it was my laptop audio, the audio actually sucked on high notes and I just lowered the volume or endured them a bit. When I switched to my desktop pc however....if felt much better. Again, this means I wouldn't think that laptop audio are the best now and I would just remember that my pc has better audio.

This is where I was last week, my files and sources were so good that it made my headphones suck. I had since got to lossless and changed to better source as well as buying ost that are WAY more complex than the music I listened to before, it was becoming obvious now.

I said it goes like file format > headphones > source. I cannot improve the file format and I can for the source, this is where I started to investigate because it was starting to be annoying. I found that my onboard had no audible interference unlike my laptop and it powers my headphones fine. I can conclude that my onboard is better than I need to have the most of my music.

The last and only possible culprit was the headphones, I was shocked.

Let me tell you why it became THAT bad: I have a higher than normal hearing memory by a lot (proved by a legit IQ test when I was in elementary school). My hearing is normal, but my brain pays SO MUCH more attention than normal to what my hearing contains. I got surprised to know that I can playback in my head vgm so precisely, even voices it's insane the details I can remember.

I listen to vgm a lot, I could have listened to some music dozens and sometime hundreds of time, you see why a subtile and probably noticeable difference is huge over time, I notice details I didn't before, that's just how it works, you don't perceive the exact same thing every time you hear a music. Anything that enhances or deteriorate the quality noticeably is going to be very huge over time for me.

So, I progressively noticed huge differences that I just didn't paid attention before and it became to a point when I didn't want to listen to my music.

I redid the test before I bought the headphones and let me explain what I noticed.

Listen to ttyd tittle screen, it's beautiful on its own. But I think we can agree it's complex, there's a lot of instruments that when put together in multiple places sounds good. I listened to this music so much that I noticed something off because I felt I was only listening 1 or 2 different thing at the same time and I had to force my brain to pay attention to the other part which dismiss to rest.....that's not how it's supposed to be heard. You're supposed to just hear everything without effort, that's why music exist, you hear the whole package, not parts of it.

Other music were a COMPLETE congested mess like battle elite four from x/y, there's so much and I feel I can't hear the half of the track cause it's so congested in one place.

The other major issues is hearing treble, it's just piercing my ears. I could not take the high trumpets on open the next door from spm and many other tracks.

Basically, I got confirmation via internet that my headphones had rolled of treble meaning It was simply cut for more bass which I just would want the opposite with more midrange, my headphones sucks for delivering that.

the first issues was soundstage, I feel enclosed in the headphones instead of feeling space to hear different stuff at the same time where souns can breath.

If it took 3 years to realise that I shouldn't have bought these headphones if I knew what they sounded like, this would never happen, but it happened since I was ignorant of what is TRULY a good headphones. It's clear that I needed to change the quality of them DRASTICALLY as I can't improve my files and my sources is apparently fine.

For how much I care and pay attention to audio, it's just reasonable to pay so much. I want these to last YEARS maybe a decade if I can to be sure that this never happens for headphones again. I legit expect my mind to be blown away and rediscover audio, that's why I pay so much. I want to put them on and realise how my older headphones were so crappy that I would not put them on again.

That was my story. It only makes sense to have selected the headphones so carefully from the frequency response to the overall quality to really make sure I won't complain again.

wanted to have original spoiler tittle :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The expanded avatar size is a blessing. My previous avatars will all be expanded, yay. (Not in that way. :4dk:)

:231:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Ok so, I have decided to have enough patience and do my "WHY ARE YOU CRAZY TO SPEND SO MUCH ON HEADPHONES????" essay on my gamepad (thanks draft feature :) ).

This is long because it's just not simple, if it was, I wouldn't be inactive for a week here.

Before I had my Bose AE2i, I didn't even realised the importance of using loseless files, my previous headphones were so cheap it didn't made a difference. The Bose felt MUCH better and I only bought them because of the price, I expected better quality and it was much better, but I overrated them for one reason: relativism.

If you listen to mp3 64 kbps ALL YOUR LIFE like even youtube EVERYTHING, you might find it "ok" because you never heard better. If you ever decide to be crazy and listen once to a 320 kbps file, you will hate 64 kbps for the rest of your life because they would sound so much better that you will just become dependent on high bitrate and lossless files.

But if you have crappy headphones, it's not going to change that. The files gives MUCH better experience that even crappy headphones could notice it, but if you never tried another pair of headphones, you have nothing relative to compare to say they suck. So it will sound "ok" to you.

I think you realise my point now, you cannot say that what you have is crap because you need to have something to relate to. With files format, it's very easy, just download the right files. The problem is headphones, you need more expensive one to even consider thinking your current one is crap. You certainly don't have the money to buy more headphones to compare them so you could have crappy one and just be fine with it because you never heard better and trying to requires too much to be worth it.

You might be lucky and happens to have good stuff, but it's very rare, it's random since you didn't related to anything.

How my audio life got to come this far was a staircase effect. I had cheap headphones with heavily compressed files. I started to care about headphones quality so I bought my bose without deep info, but they felt so much better I hated my older headphones (I actually broke like 3 of them). For me bose was amazingly good so much that once, I noticed crappy stuff in my music and realised that compression did it. That's how I became to hate SO MUCH lossy format that I don't even consider going back to lossy.

But for files, it's the best you can do. lossless is like the max possible quality for files. The next thing is the headphones and after it's the source, but the source was crappy and idk that. it was my laptop audio, the audio actually sucked on high notes and I just lowered the volume or endured them a bit. When I switched to my desktop pc however....if felt much better. Again, this means I wouldn't think that laptop audio are the best now and I would just remember that my pc has better audio.

This is where I was last week, my files and sources were so good that it made my headphones suck. I had since got to lossless and changed to better source as well as buying ost that are WAY more complex than the music I listened to before, it was becoming obvious now.

I said it goes like file format > headphones > source. I cannot improve the file format and I can for the source, this is where I started to investigate because it was starting to be annoying. I found that my onboard had no audible interference unlike my laptop and it powers my headphones fine. I can conclude that my onboard is better than I need to have the most of my music.

Let me tell you why it became THAT bad: I have a higher than normal hearing memory by a lot (proved by a legit IQ test when I was in elementary school). My hearing is normal, but my brain pays SO MUCH more attention than normal to what my hearing contains. I got surprised to know that I can playback in my head vgm so precisely, even voices it's insane the details I can remember.

I listen to vgm a lot, I could have listened to some music dozens and sometime hundreds of time, you see why a subtile and probably noticeable difference is huge over time, I notice details I didn't before, that's just how it works, you don't perceive the exact same thing every time you hear a music. Anything that enhances or deteriorate the quality noticeably is going to be very huge over time for me.

So, I progressively noticed huge differences that I just didn't paid attention before and it became to a point when I didn't want to listen to my music.

I redid the test before I bought the headphones and let me explain what I noticed.

Listen to ttyd tittle screen, it's beautiful on its own. But I think we can agree it's complex, there's a lot of instruments that when put together in multiple places sounds good. I listened to this music so much that I noticed something off because I felt I was only listening 1 or 2 different thing at the same time and I had to force my brain to pay attention to the other part which dismiss to rest.....that's not how it's supposed to be heard. You're supposed to just hear everything without effort, that's why music exist, you hear the whole package, not parts of it.

Other music were a COMPLETE congested mess like battle elite four from x/y, there's so much and I feel I can't hear the half of the track cause it's so congested in one place.

The other major issues is hearing treble, it's just piercing my ears. I could not take the high trumpets on open the next door from spm and many other tracks.

Basically, I got confirmation via internet that my headphones had rolled of treble meaning It was simply cut for more bass which I just would want the opposite with more midrange, my headphones sucks for delivering that.

the first issues was soundstage, I feel enclosed in the headphones instead of feeling space to hear different stuff at the same time where souns can breath.

If it took 3 years to realise that I shouldn't have bought these headphones if I knew what they sounded like, this would never happen, but it happened since I was ignorant of what is TRULY a good headphones. It's clear that I needed to change the quality of them DRASTICALLY as I can't improve my files and my sources is apparently fine.

For how much I care and pay attention to audio, it's just reasonable to pay so much. I want these to last YEARS maybe a decade if I can to be sure that this never happens for headphones again. I legit expect my mind to be blown away and rediscover audio, that's why I pay so much. I want to put them on and realise how my older headphones were so crappy that I would not put them on again.

That was my story. It only makes sense to have selected the headphones so carefully from the frequency response to the overall quality to really make sure I won't complain again.

Typing on gamepad sucks.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Since I listen to a lot of music myself, tell me, how much do your headphones cost?

I'll have to give FLAC files a try though.

D

Deleted member

The expanded avatar size is a blessing. My previous avatars will all be expanded, yay. (Not in that way. :4dk:)

I wish I had it (Premium). *laughs*
At least the Feature Length legacy will carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Typing on gamepad sucks.
It does but I'm patient and honestly, like it better than iOS :)

Since I listen to a lot of music myself, tell me, how much do your headphones cost?

I'll have to give FLAC files a try though.

they cost with QC taxes 277 can $ which is 211 us $. without taxes (QC is a heavily taxed province) it's 241 can $ which is 184 us $.

It's definitely overkill for most people, but not for me now :)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It does but I'm patient and honestly, like it better than iOS :)

they cost with QC taxes 277 can $ which is 211 us $. without taxes (QC is a heavily taxed province) it's 241 can $ which is 184 us $.

It's definitely overkill for most people, but not for me now :)
It certainly is more than I can afford. My earphones cost 20 USD. :laugh:

How long does your Premium last?
3 months.

D

Deleted member

I ditched headphones in 2012. Built-in speakers might suck, but that's enough for me. I wouldn't want to listen much anyway. I don't want to have problems on my right ear ever again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I ditched headphones in 2012. Built-in speakers might suck, but that's enough for me. I wouldn't want to listen much anyway. I don't want to have problems on my right ear ever again.
lol i need headphones to do the dumb stuff im doing right now.
which is taking random songs and putting them on speed 2.

but nah ear problems would be bad, so its understandable.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Mine are Sennheiser too. This one: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX200-Twist-to-Fit-Earbuds/dp/B001EZUQ5E

I find the full ones rather unwieldy.

They are apparently very comfortable (the earpads are made of velour :) ).

But fun fact, that price is nothing compared to the greatest and I think personally you REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLY love audio if you buy these, but the hd 800 costs....

2000$

TWO FREAKING THOUSAND!!!!

It is considered one of the best headphones in the world but you are rich if you pay these....

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well i have get a warning for inapproriate content. Probably because of the weed in my gif before i go. Well excepted that. Hello guys! How it's doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom