• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Learning how to make desserts at a restaurant is hard to do when everything in your workstation keeps shifting around every shift.

How's it going guys?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh man Bose headphones are amazing with music. So much so that my dad refuses to let me use his because I could break them
actually here's the quicker: they are NOT amazing.

....unless you enjoy bass. I have a pair of Bose AE2i now and tbh, I shouldn;t have bought these knowing how much I would care abotu audio.

What they do is not wrong, it just is not what I want. They have decent bass and mids, but the high frequency (so, say violin or flute) are so HARSH.....like, it's VERY annoying to listen and I have to lower the volume but than I'm like "urgh, I miss so much".

The other thing is that because they are closed headphones.....the sounds is really congested if you have lots of stuff going on like ochestrial music. It just is ugly imo.

These headphones has tight bass, excellent mids and VERY clear high, EXACTLY what i want and the sound really feels like they came from a surround speaker because of the open design. i only keep my bose to use in a library because they don't leak much, but the one I bought are fro home listening.....they will leak, but sound more natural.

And actually, i learned a fun fact: bose is hated in people who likes audio a lot like me. Apparently, bose spend more money on marketting than quality and a lot think they are "overpriced". I think it's more that I was not the right consumer target, that might be why people think so, but from my perspective, you could find better for the same price.

Like, trust me, I took a week of internet and I saw data of my current headphones and they indeed suck where I want them to excel.

Altough, I learned that the noise cancelling of bose are really neat, but I am worried that it could pick up on the music.....

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
*Sees @ Ryu_Ken Ryu_Ken article, reads about the waifu bar*

Wait, you have users in your waifu list?
You didn't know? I like to keep them hidden, though. I don't outright say who they are.
Although I like to sneak in hints at times. But I rarely do that. :p

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Now that Splatoon is out, the whole "F.L.U.D.D. Mario needs to clean up Inkling Turf Wars" is no longer accurate. According to the game, the ink from Turf War battles vanishes once the match ends, regardless what got inked (aka no stains).
Yeah, a sweet way to say "Yeah, the ink vanishes once match ends thanks to a plumber and it's water gun".
Since "Super Mario 3D World", Mario is regretting his discovery of the double cherries. Now him and his clones are enslaved by kiddy squids and a cat.
Mario : "My only dream was a world filled with spaghettis." :4mario:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Somewhere a person already photoshopped Hogan's head over Stan Marsh's face in a picture....

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
actually here's the quicker: they are NOT amazing.

....unless you enjoy bass. I have a pair of Bose AE2i now and tbh, I shouldn;t have bought these knowing how much I would care abotu audio.

What they do is not wrong, it just is not what I want. They have decent bass and mids, but the high frequency (so, say violin or flute) are so HARSH.....like, it's VERY annoying to listen and I have to lower the volume but than I'm like "urgh, I miss so much".

The other thing is that because they are closed headphones.....the sounds is really congested if you have lots of stuff going on like ochestrial music. It just is ugly imo.

These headphones has tight bass, excellent mids and VERY clear high, EXACTLY what i want and the sound really feels like they came from a surround speaker because of the open design. i only keep my bose to use in a library because they don't leak much, but the one I bought are fro home listening.....they will leak, but sound more natural.

And actually, i learned a fun fact: bose is hated in people who likes audio a lot like me. Apparently, bose spend more money on marketting than quality and a lot think they are "overpriced". I think it's more that I was not the right consumer target, that might be why people think so, but from my perspective, you could find better for the same price.

Like, trust me, I took a week of internet and I saw data of my current headphones and they indeed suck where I want them to excel.

Altough, I learned that the noise cancelling of bose are really neat, but I am worried that it could pick up on the music.....
Well they are amazing to me at least. They say noise noise canceling and that works when the little battery is in it, its nice and loud and I love it so much. To bad they cost so much

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Listening to a bunch of songs from a few years ago:

I used to watch the video for the latter song every Saturday before I watched Thunderbirds on TV..... good old memories :)
Brb turning into stereotypical Caucasian female at Starbucks wearing Ugg boots.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well they are amazing to me at least. They say noise noise cancelling and that works, its nice and loud and I love it so much. To bad thy cost so much
here;s one thing that is extremely difficult to judge with audio: you can;t easilly say without trying headphones what is really amaxing because it's sounds.....you kinda need to hear it and it's less accessible than seeing a picture.

If I was shopping for a TV, it would make my job easier, I would just look at what people shows with the tv, I can see it, it's very easy and even if I use a monitor less good than the tv to see it, I still can see a lot of differences in quality.

Same for graphics cards, i would check benchmark and compare them.

But headphones and speakers do not work like this, you have to phisically wear them. I did found a site that they put headphones on a head with mics and they all were recorded the exact same position, but it's still not telling the full story. If a pair has a lot of soundstage (it woudl feel like you would hear inside a bigger room), it would not be obvious. Same for the frequency, if an headphones has more bass.....it;s hard to make this conclusion unless lots claim it or you heard them before and even worst, compared them relatively to other headphones that has less bass......

This is why guys it took me a week, it is THAT hard to shop for headphones when you care. Before, I would say I love my bose and now I don;t like them because I realised I want more with my music but the truth is I didn't want them in the very first place.

it;s VERY tricky to shop for audio equipment. The only objective thing is some numbers which won;'t affect the subjective aspect of the headphones, they just will tell how you should use them and with what equipment.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
When hogan dies he will turn into the next michael jackson.:dazwa:
Dear god no
here;s one thing that is extremely difficult to judge with audio: you can;t easilly say without trying headphones what is really amaxing because it's sounds.....you kinda need to hear it and it's less accessible than seeing a picture.
I really....don't get what you are saying right here tbh

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
RIP. No Touhou for me until Christmas. That's when I'm gonna get my own laptop.

Just beat Death vs. Monstars though (Flash game). Pre-tty EASY. Guess the skill I built up from getting all the endings in Aero Fighters is paying off. There's a shoot-em-up on the SNES that I've never beat, but I don't remember the name of it. It's not Contra 3 (beat that one already) or Gradius 3. Just gotta find it....

Edit: Nvm found it. Acrobat Mission.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
No actually the Sonic Adventure games are pure trash.
The first one is fine as the first attempt at a 3d adventure but the second suffered in not capitalizing on the flaws of the first game in trying to make it a better 3d Sonic experience.

I don't think they're "pure trash" though, far from favorites however.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
This is nothing new.
What, grabbing popcorn? :p

I watch Batsu Games, which are No laughing allowed games where the people have to not laugh under any circumstances
Takeshi's Castle was basically an obstacle course that took place over several rounds, with hundreds of participants. In the UK, we got a British narrator telling us everything that was happening. The rounds were so off the wall it was hilarious. They had crazy games like human ten pin bowling, bad karaoke, etc.

Funny thing was, almost nobody wins the show, because the last round was pretty BS to accomplish as you needed more final round participants to gain an advantage. Normally, there was a couple of people who made it to the final round, so they'd go home with nothing.

Only a couple of times did people actually win, which I think was a prize cheque for winning it all.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
12 minutes took my computer to install a single update computer and restart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom