• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This video is perfect for represent me now.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I actually started with Embodiment of Scarlet Devil... plus it has Cirno!
Same here. I want to play the games in the order they were released.

I remember when I used to pat myself on the back for getting past Meiling and Patchouli and celebrating when I was FINALLY able to beat Remilia despite using up ALL the continues. :laugh:

I still haven't seen the good ending of the game.

:231:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I know a song is so good when I can listen to it on loop for a long time without getting tired of it.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
My yougest sister played Super Mario 64 for the first time today, on the real console. She played it before, but on a hacked xbox with butt load of simulators for old games.

Anywho, it was funny to see her playing it with the real controller. And she completed the first star without any big help. Afterwards, I needed to give her some help. At least she did better than Arin from the Grumps.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Speaking of music
@R0Y probably you heard that Underworld is out today, is a high quality Symphony X release as usual; this time based on Dante's Inferno

When I get the physical CD Im going to be unstoppable at the Gym ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Last edited:

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
My yougest sister played Super Mario 64 for the first time today, on the real console. She played it before, but on a hacked xbox with butt load of simulators for old games.

Anywho, it was funny to see her playing it with the real controller. And she completed the first star without any big help. Afterwards, I needed to give her some help. At least she did better than Arin from the Grumps.
When my little sister plays any game other than smash, I wish for her downfall in the video game. hehehe. :bowsermelee:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For me that would be 99% of Touhou music.

:231:
The ending song for the anime Owari no Seraph is just amazing.

Then again, I might be very biased for Hiroyuki Sawano's work.

The Xenoblade Chronicles X trailers, anime such as Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, Aldnoah.Zero, Kill la Kill and Owari no Seraph have made me a fan of said composer. Currently, I'm watching Guilty Crown, which also has him as the soundtrack composer.

Wouldn't be lying if the fact Sawano being the composer helped me convince to watch some of those series. Of course, the story and genre is my definitive factor in choosing a series. I always read a synopsis before jumping into a series. However, music is very important for atmosphere, so knowing who's going to produce the music can help me with choosing a title.

As for video games, there are a lot of musicians whose work I have gained an appreciation for. Too many to list here, though. A lot of them have worked in Smash Bros., which shouldn't be surprising, as Sakurai goes the extra mile to gather a lot of well-known artists for the music (as of Brawl, of course).

(Ended up rambling more than I expected...)

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
QUESTION:
Anyone here play "bullet hell" games?

I'm looking to start on one, but I have no idea where to start.
I've played all seven BIT.TRIP games, four of which are variations of bullet hell, and all of which are good.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Splatoon isn't really friendly to little kids like my young sis'. Before playing the N64, she tried Splatoon because she had enough of playing Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World over and over. She understood where to go for the matches, wich is just by going foward, but the moment she went into a match, she was confused. Even with the tutorial, she was still not doing well.

When I compare to how easily she handled the N64 controller and played Super Mario 64, the difference is pretty big.
I guess this game isn't for kids who wants to turns into squids, but for grown ups who are making memes and yuri out of the game.

Mario is better for kids anyway.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
lmao, i'm done

im so done
*saves and puts in special folder*
Splatoon isn't really friendly to little kids like my young sis'. Before playing the N64, she tried Splatoon because she had enough of playing Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World over and over. She understood where to go for the matches, wich is just by going foward, but the moment she went into a match, she was confused. Even with the tutorial, she was still not doing well.

When I compare to how easily she handled the N64 controller and played Super Mario 64, the difference is pretty big.
I guess this game isn't for kids who wants to turns into squids, but for grown ups who are making memes and yuri out of the game.

Mario is better for kids anyway.
The tutorial to Splatoon isnt hard.

Maybe she shouldn't have went right online and did solo where there is no pressure like the win/lose thing and she would have more patience to learn the controls more
also huh?

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ok NOW I am REALLY back :)

I just FINALLY bought after a week of googling and youtubing and wiggling (spm refference :) ) a brand new pair of headphones :)

And after currency conversion and taxes in Quebec, they cost 211 US$ (it's 277 CAN $)

And the aesthetic is special, but it;s definitely not why I bough this:

It';s because they sound a freaking lot better than my current headphones.....like......A LOOOOOOOOOOT better :)

And they are comfy, but really, I think them being
is just a bonus, it;s one of the last reason why I bought these :)

unfortunately, i will be on my wiiu for most of the day so I can't write a long essay unless I have patience (which I might have) because there's really a lot of reasons on why i spent so much money on audio quality.

Altough I just want to know, do you love or hate this design choice?

Some hate it, but I personally...well I like it, but idc, you don't buy headphones for how they look but how they fit and sound :)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Admittedly I had issues trying out Splatoon. Maybe it's because I don't play Wii U, but keeping the camera still was a big of a challenge.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Man, Mounting monsters in Monster hunter is just. so. damn. satisfying
Admittedly I had issues trying out Splatoon. Maybe it's because I don't play Wii U, but keeping the camera still was a big of a challenge.
Cam annoys me too but I just rest it anyway so it is no problem for me

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Now that Splatoon is out, the whole "F.L.U.D.D. Mario needs to clean up Inkling Turf Wars" is no longer accurate. According to the game, the ink from Turf War battles vanishes once the match ends, regardless what got inked (aka no stains).

Speaking of which, a new map for Splatoon is coming out tonight (Camp Triggerfish)!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Now that Splatoon is out, the whole "F.L.U.D.D. Mario needs to clean up Inkling Turf Wars" is no longer accurate. According to the game, the ink from Turf War battles vanishes once the match ends, regardless what got inked (aka no stains).

Speaking of which, a new map for Splatoon is coming out tonight (Camp Triggerfish)!
I haven't touch Splatoon in weeks pff
I was choking in laughter tho

The mexican coin is sinking so hard that Im running out of jokes
I told my sis you had a fit when I said I got 200 buck for my birthday. Thats like, 3000+ in pesos, right?

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Time to convert that amount into Mexican pesos
*converts*
*chokes*
I know, but like I said, i have a lot of reasons to stop using my bose to listen to music, it sounds sounds a lot off and I noticed this since I switched to my desktop pc which has a better onboard audio and I can clearly tell that my headphones just.....aren't what I want.

Well I can give the short version: i tried to listen to more diverse vgm such as the pkmn x/y ost. i love this ost, but it has.....lots of instruments and it is complex. My current headphoones has 2 main problems: the music feels congested and the high frequencies are so annoying I have to lower to volume and realise that I miss a lot....

It's just got VERY annoying so much to really want high quality audio with much more space for the sound to breath and for the high frequency to be clear.

The headphones I just bought offers just that.

It';s PURELY because I don;t like the qyuality of my headphones. i use uncompressed wav, flac and alac files and they still are not enough.....

plus, i REALLY care about audio so it makes sense to spend that much on something you care, it just is worth in the end.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Is interesting to see how the WWE is "erasing" Hulk Hogan's existance in the company in a similar way they did with Chris Benoit

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I know, but like I said, i have a lot of reasons to stop using my bose to listen to music, it sounds sounds a lot off and I noticed this since I switched to my desktop pc which has a better onboard audio and I can clearly tell that my headphones just.....aren't what I want.

Well I can give the short version: i tried to listen to more diverse vgm such as the pkmn x/y ost. i love this ost, but it has.....lots of instruments and it is complex. My current headphoones has 2 main problems: the music feels congested and the high frequencies are so annoying I have to lower to volume and realise that I miss a lot....

It's just got VERY annoying so much to really want high quality audio with much more space for the sound to breath and for the high frequency to be clear.

The headphones I just bought offers just that.

It';s PURELY because I don;t like the qyuality of my headphones. i use uncompressed wav, flac and alac files and they still are not enough.....

plus, i REALLY care about audio so it makes sense to spend that much on something you care, it just is worth in the end.
Oh man Bose headphones are amazing with music. So much so that my dad refuses to let me use his because I could break them

Now my dad is a Bose speaker...that he will not let me use also

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom