• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith Ugh, damn it. The 3DS and the internet just decided that they weren't going to cooperate today. Sorry, dood. I can't really do anything about it right now. >_<
That's too bad. =/

Better luck next time, I guess.

I've had similar problems before, so I understand.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The FNAF-Social Thread image is very cool. But i want to see me with the other. I'm a big FNAF fan after all!

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
That's too bad. =/

Better luck next time, I guess.

I've had similar problems before, so I understand.
Yeah. The internet and my 3DS have always had trouble connecting to each other. Been having this problem for a long time. I thought it was finally going to work since I was able to get the FC added... Then I turn on Smash Bros and it decided "NOPE! NO FUN ALLOWED!" Ugh. Oh well.

We might be able to try again some other time potentially.

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
Hello everyone!

Well, today I had to stay nearly 2 hours longer than scheduled at work due to being short handed (2 employees are on vacation), manager trying to find someone to come in early, and oversights in the schedule. :urg:

Even if we weren't short handed, scheduling me, a cashier, to clock out at 12pm is one of the worst ideas you could do for the store. 12pm is always the time where we have the highest concentration of customers coming in and you need every register open to satisfy that lunch rush.

*Yawn* So what's goin' on here?
Oh, Five Night's at Freddy's, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and probably something else.

Just the same old chaos.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Guys have you read through part 7 of Jojo yet? I bet barely anyone else has ;_;
Judging from your icon you have lovely taste in ships, so however brief, you're quite welcome to be here.
Ryumako is the OTP of Kill la Kill and no one can convince me otherwise.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well guys, i am going to watch the first movie of Cardcaptor Sakura with my sister. So i don't known if i will be here after the end. If @BakaCirno have put my avi with a Count Bleck head on the FNAF-Social Picture. Tag me for that i can see it. See you later maybe! ;)

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Just looked at Flight's quotes from the wiki:
  • "Anything new?"
  • "I'm bored."
  • "Not bad."
  • "Nothing much."
  • "What's up?"
For some reason, I heard Axel/Lea's voice reading them in my head.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??

T

Trick or Treat

laytons head just floating there pffft.

eh? why?
Look at the thread about Omega stages being banned, that I am posting in. Nothing is getting heated but I am just so sick of hearing the "B" word. <.<
And this is coming from someone who intends to start playing in tournaments.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just looked at Flight's quotes from the wiki:
  • "Anything new?"
  • "I'm bored."
  • "Not bad."
  • "Nothing much."
  • "What's up?"
For some reason, I heard Axel/Lea's voice reading them in my head.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??
At least he has quote. Contrary to me....(Yeah i am still here.)

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Look at the thread about Omega stages being banned, that I am posting in. Nothing is getting heated but I am just so sick of hearing the "B" word. <.<
And this is coming from someone who intends to start playing in tournaments.
oh. trust me i know. gets annoying.
i just dont even talk in those threads though.
of course thats because im too young to begin tournament play lol.

still though, if you're bothered by it, perhaps avoid it.
At least he has quote. Contrary to me....(Yeah i am still here.)
lol the wiki doesnt mean anything.
only flight and i have messed with my page. and i dont have quotes.
doesnt mean people "forgot" about me. same with you. we acknowledge you're here

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

oh. trust me i know. gets annoying.
i just dont even talk in those threads though.
of course thats because im too young to begin tournament play lol.

still though, if you're bothered by it, perhaps avoid it.
It frustrates me because with many of the hardcore players, it's like all you hear is "balance balance balance. Balance this, balance that."

How do people find that fun? I like competitive play just as much but come on...

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It frustrates me because with many of the hardcore players, it's like all you hear is "balance balance balance. Balance this, balance that."

How do people find that fun? I like competitive play just as much but come on...
Because why bother playing the game when it's more fun complaining how the game sucks? If it worked for Youtube comments, it'll work here.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility

eh, they just want a completely fair game. no game is perfect though which is something i think they often forget.

they just pursue fair game, and tend to complain about things that seem too good or too unpractical and such. its like a fighting game community when theres an obviously OP character. except i think smash is slightly worse.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333

Well, ever since patches became a thing, people have completely shifted their mindset to "I hope this guy gets buffed" and "I hope this guy gets Greninja'd." It's really disgusting. Too bad not everyone here thinks like us.

And here I am just waiting for my chance to blast through a streamed tournament with Link......

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yup i am still here. But i am watching the movie too.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Off-topic, but yeah. Paper Mario TTYD playthrough from a channel that I tend to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X44-H-NppIg
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5

First time actually watching a full playthough of this game, despite knowing the plot, most bosses, and characters. lol
I usually don;t watch playthorugh because it takes so much time that I rather jsut play the game anyway.

Only exception was pheonix wright stuff because it's so linear that it doesn't matter.

Also, TTYD playthrough is like.....100x times better to play it than watch it and even then, watching is very fun.

Also, guys, I might have FINALLY end my headphones stuff because I think I will buy the one I CAREFULLY chose today.

More on it later (sorry for not being active lately :( )

T

Trick or Treat

eh, they just want a completely fair game. no game is perfect though which is something i think they often forget.

they just pursue fair game, and tend to complain about things that seem too good or too unpractical and such. its like a fighting game community when theres an obviously OP character. except i think smash is slightly worse.
If one or two characters are vastly OP, then fine, I understand that.

But people think having a SLIGHT disadvantage is like some big catastrophe.

Even competitively, I would rather lose and have fun than win but be bored.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
TTYD Is my favorite Paper Mario game, I should go back and play the post ending stuff later.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
lol we're talking about perfect balance and whatnot I see. I feel it's a pretty lengthy topic(or rather, my thoughts on it are), but since im leaving now I'll just leave it at this.
Also, I feel I should mention Maylay somewhere in this post, so there :gawmelee:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
If one or two characters are vastly OP, then fine, I understand that.

But people think having a SLIGHT disadvantage is like some big catastrophe.

Even competitively, I would rather lose and have fun than win but be bored.
eh to hardcore players, slight disadvantages could mean the whole match to them.
people who play CONSTANTLY just to improve and stuff will overhype these tiny things like this just because their job may be a tiny bit harder against this character or on this stage and such.

buuut eh it doesnt matter lol. people are silly is the end of it, really.
That's Freddy Fazbear. I'm talking about Fredbear. He's the yellow bear with purple top hat and bow tie.
ah. muh confusion, oops.

Last edited:

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Well, ever since patches became a thing, people have completely shifted their mindset to "I hope this guy gets buffed" and "I hope this guy gets Greninja'd." It's really disgusting. Too bad not everyone here thinks like us.

And here I am just waiting for my chance to blast through a streamed tournament with Link......
Frankly, I hope all of the lower characters get buffed up more. They've been doing good with some characters like Ike and Charizard, but neglecting some other characters that need it too, like Ganondorf and Dr. Mario. That's just me though. They're still pretty competent characters at least.

Girl, the tier list is good as it is.
Wario's so OP that he's in every tier. :4wario2:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Balance? Balance...? BALAAAAAAAAAANCE!!!!!!!!
Competitive player in a nutshell.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Frankly, I hope all of the lower characters get buffed up more. They've been doing good with some characters like Ike and Charizard, but neglecting some other characters that need it too, like Ganondorf and Dr. Mario.
I think the only way to make them better is to make them broken. And apparently the competitive scene HATES that.
TLink would be MUCH better than Link if he had his bouncing Dair back. But that move is broken.
Balance? Balance...? BALAAAAAAAAAANCE!!!!!!!!
Competitive player in a nutshell.
@Space Stranger said it best:
Wanna hear a funnier joke?

Competitive Smash. :4wario2::4wario::4wario2::4wario:

T

Trick or Treat

eh to hardcore players, slight disadvantages could mean the whole match to them.
people who play CONSTANTLY just to improve and stuff will overhype these tiny things like this just because their job may be a tiny bit harder against this character or on this stage and such.

buuut eh it doesnt matter lol. people are silly is the end of it, really.

ah. muh confusion, oops.
So be it. I hope they have fun playing on Smashville 24/7 and stressing about every little detail. More power to them I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom