• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trick or Treat

This goes for everyone that played/knows Awakening and plans on getting Fates. Sooo...spoiler for anyone who doesn't care to hear more about FE

Ask away.
I have basically just been looking into the critical quotes for Fates, and hoping that the localisation of them makes all of the quotes as unique and entertaining and sometimes over the top like in Awakening. That is one of my favorite things in Awakening, all those fun quotes and the personality each character has.

But I was reading comments on forums and quite a few people actually disliked it, and would have preferred it to be like the Japanese version, where most of the cast simply had variations of "Take this!" And "I'm sorry!" etc etc.

I'm just wondering what you guys think. I obviously hope Fates' localisation goes the same way Awakening did.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Says the person who's also changed avatars a lot in the last few days. lol

Also, what the hell kind of weapon is the guy in your avatar wielding? O_o Looks like a katana with a hilt shaped like the handle of an umbrella. Then again, I'd expect nothing less from Japanese stuff. lol

Whatever you wish.

Items, no items. Whatever stage restrictions. Anything goes.

Just make sure you don't bore me. >:)
I think it's some kind of portable faucet thing.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
This goes for everyone that played/knows Awakening and plans on getting Fates. Sooo...spoiler for anyone who doesn't care to hear more about FE

I have basically just been looking into the critical quotes for Fates, and hoping that the localisation of them makes all of the quotes as unique and entertaining and sometimes over the top like in Awakening. That is one of my favorite things in Awakening, all those fun quotes and the personality each character has.

But I was reading comments on forums and quite a few people actually disliked it, and would have preferred it to be like the Japanese version, where most of the cast simply had variations of "Take this!" And "I'm sorry!" etc etc.

I'm just wondering what you guys think. I obviously hope Fates' localisation goes the same way Awakening did.
Not really a spoiler but the localization team will make the quotes relate to the character. I think it's too early to write off the crit quotes.

Edit: FE fans will whine over anything so that isn't surprising. Personally, I would have like the cartoony GBA crits.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I was right about your avatar?

Yep, I've seen enough anime to guess that. lol

And I wasn't implying anything. Just stating a fact. :p
its literally... a sword that he basically pulls out from an umbrella :4pacman:
Hunter x Hunter nonsense and stuff of course is a factor.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

I really like the unique quotes as well. The more personality a character has, the more you start to care for them. Thus, why it's a lot sadder to lose someone in Fire Emblem than in Advance Wars.

T

Trick or Treat

thats... thats exactly what it is actually.
wow lol you got that instantly.
and nah i didnt say it was a bad thing. though i will keep it as this dude for awhile because he's cool and this image is nice.

morningggg.

alllllrighty then.
No one else offered but we don't have tk play if you don't really want to :p. I don't have TOO much time anyway

So that's why no one responded to me.

Wait when did people start getting annoyed by FE?
Well I just remember some users getting a little tired of FE always being brought up lately.

Even though there is almost always more thab one topic going on anyway..

Not really a spoiler but the localization team will make the quotes relate to the character. I think it's too early to write off the crit quotes.
Not a spoiler but just using Ram's idea

And I hope so. I did read that Harold had a fun one, at least.

I really like the unique quotes as well. The more personality a character has, the more you start to care for them. Thus, why it's a lot sadder to lose someone in Fire Emblem than in Advance Wars.
Exactly how I feel! But people complained about how every character in Awakening qas sadistic, by their critical quotes.

Soul.

It's hard to not have another topic alongside the other one when the majority is talking about the another topic.

If it's not FE, it's memes. If it's not memes, it's Pokémon. If it's not Pokémon, it's Sonic OCs. If it's not Sonic OCs, it's Disney/Pixar talk. If it's not that, it's Mario Kart. If it's not MK it's about Nintendo Directs. And if it isn't that, it's the occasional Smash talk.

That's Sir Aura to you. :4lucario:

Anyways, question: what's the color code for the Premium Username?
Sir Aura? lol.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
It's hard to not have another topic alongside the other one when the majority is talking about the another topic.

If it's not FE, it's memes. If it's not memes, it's Pokémon. If it's not Pokémon, it's Sonic OCs. If it's not Sonic OCs, it's Disney/Pixar talk. If it's not that, it's Mario Kart. If it's not MK it's about Nintendo Directs. And if it isn't that, it's the occasional Smash talk.

It's almost as if this is a social thread....

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sir Aura? lol.
I couldn't think of anything else on the spot. I just wanted to change my name ASAP.

Aura alone isn't available WHICH IS DUMB BUTTS but whatever. I'll change my name again in the future to be more fitting. But this is better than my old name, hands down. AND I'M NEVER GOING TO DRUNK-CHANGE IT EVER.
It's almost as if this is a social thread....
Don't go too far bruh. :4lucario:

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility

theres more than that. but i'm aware you're just generalizing anyways.
more or less at least theres a few different topics we tend to cycle through, so it brings variety
larrrrrrrry :ness:

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion

Sir Aura? lol.
I didn't even bother to see what the topic is.

It's like digging downwards and hoping I'll end up on the moon.

Besides everytime I log on in the morning it''s normally a **** ton of "good mornings m8".

T

Trick or Treat

Sir Aura? lol.
Wait, when have we talked about Mario Kart and why have I not been invited?

Besides everytime I log on in the morning it''s normally a **** ton of "good mornings m8".
Lucky for you, it is afternoon, at least here.

So good afternoon!

Soul.

Topics don't exist in threads like this lol. But yeah that's right.
Wait, when have we talked about Mario Kart and why have I not been invited?
Mondayyyyyy?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So Enderman Aura is dead and @ Aurane Aurane came in to replace him. Cool.
Aye. I whipped his ass- told him to go away and let an intelligent man show him how to fourm. :4villager:
Topics don't exist in threads like this lol.
Oh topics exist. Just not single topics. This place is like a blender continuously blending topics.

Oh-ho. I can't want to see a Zelda x Halo conversation. :younglinkmelee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom