• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I did once foresee societal decline, but I'm tempted to point to the Roman Empire. Every empire falls.
I doubt it will completely fall, so to speak, but rather evolve in a way that creates a divide between next gen gamers and traditional gamers. Now all we need is some technological breakthrough to change the way we entertain ourselves.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
The only way I think video games will actually go down the drain is if
  1. The Mass Audience loses interest in them
  2. New form of media replaces video games
  3. Game developers run out of ideas and change their kind of company entirely
Video games in our society and culture have a very prominent presence, so I doubt we'll see a decline in them for several decades. They'll last along with TV shows, movies, and music possibly until we run out of electricity. Or the world explodes. Or something

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Have you ever read D.Gray-man? That's a shounen manga that just returned this week after a 2 1/2 year hiatus.
Ouch. Still not as bad as HxH, I'd say. lol

@ Frostwraith Frostwraith do you think this industry will ever truly collapse?
Don't know. As long as there's a niche audience, things may collapse to an extent, but never truly die.

Games are more prominent in society than they were in the past decades. The average age for gamers is rising, which consequently means there's a bigger market.

I remember in 2012 I watched the anime and read like until chapter 14 of the manga. After that I lost track.
The anime is meh.

The manga is getting so much better. This month's chapter advanced a lot on the plot.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
So, just curious, why does FNaF4 take place in a house again?
The answer is provided in the game. We don't know yet. We just know that this setting makes the game 10x more scary.
Also, don't ask Scott, he probably doesn't know either.
why not just release another ****ty sequel. *cough cough* I'm looking at you Activision.
Well, they can keep doing that and they'll eventually go bankrupt. The smart thing to do would be to switch to another form of media.
I haven't heard from Activision in a long time, so Idk what "smart" decisions they're making

Last edited:

Grass

Smash Lord
Might as well just make a CoD game where you're the president and you command troops.

My B, that would actually make CoD Good. We can't have that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Damn, I'm already hyped for the next Blue Exorcist chapter... And I've just finished reading this month's. This manga just keeps getting better.

Now to wait for this month's Owari no Seraph chapter...

Speaking of sequels, releasing too many of them is a bad thing. Saturates the market and makes people lose interest in the series. Each installment stops feeling fresh and new because there are so many of them. It's something that works for a short-term profit, but that's it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The answer is provided in the game. We don't know yet. We just know that this setting makes the game 10x more scary.
Also, don't ask Scott, he probably doesn't know either.
Well I for find it more odd than scary. I mean, sure, I still firmly believe that the hype for the franchise is blown out of proportion. But there was some interesting and dare I say original concepts thrown in (then again, I'm still surprised no one has tapped into the nightmares of going to Chuck E. Cheese 'till now, but I digress). Why abandon that for a house? A freaking house? Why use the same location that hundreds if not thousands of others in the horror genre have used?
It's different, but we did was leap from one dead idea to another.

Last edited:

Grass

Smash Lord
Well, they can keep doing that and they'll eventually go bankrupt. The smart thing to do would be to switch to another form of media.
I haven't heard from Activision in a long time, so Idk what "smart" decisions they're making
you wanna know the irony of this? The last good game they made was GoldenEye for the Wii.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Might as well just make a CoD game where you're the president and you command troops.

My B, that would actually make CoD Good. We can't have that.
Turn CoD into a strategy-war type of game? Sorry not interested

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"See FNAF 4 as been released"
Damn Scott, i was watching people on my 3DS but you force me to take my computer. My plan is ruin now. Oh well, time to see some FN4F before to go to bed for really.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Looks like tomorrow I'll have to run to a record store and get dat new Symphony X album; riffs and melodies so stronk

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, with my generation lacking the idea of what wit is and all, I'm surprised "Dank Pit" isn't a thing.
(You see, it's funny because dank really means dark (in this case gloomy) or murky. And the kids today have no idea how to describe things without needing to use a word that was already fine on its own, often eliminating the original definition. Did you know that swag means curtains? This generation clearly doesn't.)

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Seriously, Scott is the most impatient person in the world. And i like that frankly.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom