• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
This, so much this.

A lot of people bash things that are popular just because there is this embedded belief that hating something that everyone else likes is the cool thing to do, and makes you different or stand out so much. Just because something is popular and mainstream does not make it bad, and you (directed at anyone who thinks thks way) don't have "superior" tastes just because you don't 'conform' or because you like the lesser know, unpopular stuff. This applies to music, anime, movies, video games, anything really. You are not better than someone by liking the underground stuff, or bashing the popular stuff.

Now, if you genuinely don't like whatever the certaib thing, that is fine. Then this isn't targetted toward you. It is for the people who think they are better for not being with the crowd.
Yeah, I agree with this a lot.
Mainstream stuff is usually popular for a decent reason, anyways. It usually appeals to a large group, is legitimately good, or is simply bad enough to be really funny lol.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
This, so much this.

A lot of people bash things that are popular just because there is this embedded belief that hating something that everyone else likes is the cool thing to do. Just because something is popular and mainstream does not make it bad, and you (directed at anyone who thinks thks way) don't have "superior" tastes just because you don't 'conform' or because you like the lesser know, unpopular stuff. This applies to music, anime, movies, video games, anything really. You are not better than someone by liking the underground stuff, or bashing the popular stuff.

Now, if you genuinely don't like whatever the certaib thing, that is fine. Then this isn't targetted toward you. It is for the people who think they are better for not being with the crowd.
It's a good thing us critics exist. We can come up with better reasons to hate a certain piece of media than just simply because it's "overrated."
Funny enough, this reminds me of the episode "Books" from Teen Titans Go. Moral of the story: be constructive, have your reasons for liking/hating something, AND READ BOOKS.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
FNAF 4 talk, don't known if you hate FNAF or not.
I don't like jumpscares... Jumpscares are spoopy woopy... Unless they're really poorly done jumpscares. Then they're funny. Never really was too fond of FNAF, but I can't really stop people from the discussions of the things and stuff. Because that'd be wrong. Pac-Man face. :4pacman:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't like jumpscares... Jumpscares are spoopy woopy... Unless they're really poorly done jumpscares. Then they're funny. Never really was too fond of FNAF, but I can't really stop people from the discussions of the things and stuff. Because that'd be wrong. Pac-Man face. :4pacman:
OK, it's your opinion. If you don't like jumpscare, it's clear that FNAF isn't for you. (Even tough it's not the only thing intersting in FNAF, contrary to some people will said.)

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Welp, I've appeared to have popped in at the wrong time; I'll grab some ice cream and come back later then.

T

Trick or Treat

It's a good thing us critics exist. We can come up with better reasons to hate a certain piece of media than just simply because it's "overrated."
Funny enough, this reminds me of the episode "Books" from Teen Titans Go. Moral of the story: be constructive, have your reasons for liking/hating something, AND READ BOOKS.
Exactly. If I dislike something, I will always give reasons, that aren't "I hate it cause it is popular" because that is a ****ty ****ing reason.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Finished watching Dawko's playthrough as well...
I don't know what it is about FnaF 4, but I'm not really spooked by the game like the previous ones. I guess it's cause of being burned out of the franchise, lol. But regardless, the game seems OK, and of course I didn't see the whole thing or play it yet so I'll reserve my complete judgement of it for now.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Funny thing that you mention TTG because I HATE IT! But i have reason for hating it. Contrary to some people that hate TTG just because it's "cool". (But i swear, i don't hate alot of thing but TTG!!! This is maybe the show that i hate the most in the world!)
Finished watching Dawko's playthrough as well...
I don't know what it is about FnaF 4, but I'm not really spooked by the game like the previous ones. I guess it's cause of being burned out of the franchise, lol. But regardless, the game seems OK, and of course I didn't see the whole thing or play it yet so I'll reserve my complete judgement of it for now.
Well it's really different fear honestly, in the old one. You watched camera for see what we kill you. In FNAF 4, your a child that trying to survive to nightmarish animatronic to enter your room. It's really a different kind of fear.
I wanna see the FNAF4 gameplay!
Here

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOD.
I'M PLAYING CLASSIC ON 9.0 AND I MADE IT TO MASTER CORE WITHOUT DYING.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHNO.

OHGOD.

IT'S TIME.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I've never watched Teen Titans Go, but I've heard it was really good.
I can assure it's not. It's even horrible. Both as a comedie and as a spin-off to Teen Titan. Really this show just suck. (For me atleast.)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Funny thing that you mention TTG because I HATE IT! But i have reason for hating it. Contrary to some people that hate TTG just because it's "cool". (But i swear, i don't hate alot of thing but TTG!!! This is maybe the show that i hate the most in the world!)

Well it's really different fear honestly, in the old one. You watched camera for see what we kill you. In FNAF 4, your a child that trying to survive to nightmarish animatronic to enter your room. It's really a different kind of fear.

Here
I don't like this guy... I'll wait until Markimoo gets the demo.

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
I'm playing some Super Smash Flash as Goku and I just realized that he only has 1 Super Saiyan form in the game.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I don't think it's the scenario change that makes me feel differently. It's just that with the cameras you felt much more involved with the animatronics and the whole area, while you were in your defenseless little corner. I feel like FnaF 4 taking that away might have made it less spooky. But I dunno, it seems the game uses audio cues a lot so maybe that's a suitable supplement, so yeah like I said I'll reserve my full judgement for now.

I do think the game looks pretty good though regardless.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
well, im almost done with school finally.
minus math.
my math teacher never returns my emails, texts, or calls, so i cant even call him for the assignments.
everything else though im pretty much almost done with.

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
well, im almost done with school finally.
minus math.
my math teacher never returns my emails, texts, or calls, so i cant even call him for the assignments.
everything else though im pretty much almost done with.
It's July......

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't think it's the scenario change that makes me feel differently. It's just that with the cameras you felt much more involved with the animatronics and the whole area, while you were in your defenseless little corner. I feel like FnaF 4 taking that away might have made it less spooky. But I dunno, it seems the game uses audio cues a lot so maybe that's a suitable supplement, so yeah like I said I'll reserve my full judgement for now.

I do think the game looks pretty good though regardless.
Yeah, let's see how the full game is. Hey, maybe Fredbear can be like something really scary that we weren't expected. Or even The Mangle can apparear, since we see her.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
but the sound is part of the experience!
Well Markiplier have said on his twitter that he is playing FNAF 4. So a video of him is going to be soon if it can help you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom