• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

-People argue with each other about why X game is better than X game and everything ends in a flame war.
3DS vs. Wii U and Melee vs. Brawl in a nutshell. 64 is the true winner here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Can't you just like, call the cops?
It's saturday; mexican cops doesn't do **** unless a murder happened :urg:

My neighbors are used to get drunk and pulling a 420/crack during weekends, so Im kinda used to it, but is the first time I see them so close to my house; I'll just ignore them

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
That was a hype debate thing. Fond memories all around.

Funk, Smooth, and Moon even had referee avatars to go along with it, and Smooth changed his to John Madden. :p It was kinda perfect.

Naturally he came back around September and then got permabanned for flaming again. Good times.
Oh, you're talking about that debate?
I read about it on the wiki, it seems kinda interesting.

Though if that quote that Space Strager made is actually something the this DivineDeity guy said, then wow, he sounds like the predecessor to D-who shall not be named.

Cuz that quote is REALLY just... kinda pathetic, TBH
3DS vs. Wii U and Melee vs. Brawl in a nutshell. 64 is the true winner here.
MMM.
This is why having the opinion that every game is good is the best opinion.
And I don't even just have it for the sake of not getting into flame wars, it's actually what I think.

Dunno.

Speculation was an odd time for me, cuz I don't remember much of my own thoughts.
I mostly remember a lot of what other people said.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Welp, gonna read the great debate of TheDivineDeity vs. Swampasaur after I shower. To this music. I've been wearing the greasy film of garden soil and sweat hours after I got out from work (you have EVO to blame.)

Also have the Salty Suite and my first ever Miiverse Saturday Night Crunch to look forward to. Got my jellybeans, gummies, and Hershies ready to ration for that!

So until later, Hotcakes... out!

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
This is why having the opinion that every game is good is the best opinion.
That which is not true cannot be either opinion or that which is best.
Just to piss me off, also one of the stoned dudes got fired from his work at Wendy's by my brother (who is the manager)
I hope you're not going to use them smoking weed as an excuse to get them to stop annoying you by calling the police.
Smoking dank 420 ganja kush weed in itself is often an utterly victimless crime. What's wrong with their action is that they're deliberately trying to annoy you, and I don't know if you can (or should) call the cops for that.

Yes, Social Thread, give me more material to contradict. This fuels my writing habits. YES. :4metaknight:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Of course they don't care about competitive play. They just want their favorite characters to make it into the game.
To be absolutely honest, that's the main reason for me to play Smash.

My first exposure to Smash Bros. was Melee and all I recognized were the Mario and Pokémon characters and Mr. Game & Watch.

I've always enjoyed Smash mostly for its crossover aspect. Something charming about being able to pit many characters from different games in silly fights. I feel the tournaments kinda overlook that aspect, which is why I don't really care much about them.

The only time I watched a tournament was the E3 2014 Invitational, but that was more for Smash 4 hype over anything else. Let's face it, that tournament was a marketing stunt.

Which will never happen. :evil:
You never know.

I got my three most wanted characters in Smash 4. :4mewtwo::4robinm::4darkpit:

And Bowser Jr. was my most wanted back in Brawl, with the Koopalings being a pipe dream of mine I never thought it would happen.

Seeing Dr. Mario and Roy returning from Melee after all those years was pretty cool too.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Man, I really hope Smack 2 Jumbos beats DruggedFox

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I hope you're not going to use them smoking weed as an excuse to get them to stop annoying you by calling the police.
Smoking dank 420 ganja kush weed in itself is often an utterly victimless crime. What's wrong with their action is that they're deliberately trying to annoy you, and I don't know if you can (or should) call the cops for that.

Yes, Social Thread, give me more material to contradict. This fuels my writing habits. YES. :4metaknight:
You can't say an opinion isn't true so long as it has a reason to exist.
And seeing as how there's PLENTY of reasons for that opinion to exist, I don't see what you're trying to say.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So i've heard a lot of this debate of Divinedeity and Swampasaur, but is the thread where it ocurred still available to watch?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
They're smoking crack actually...

But looks they're gone for now

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
They're smoking crack actually...
Well then. Still a victimless crime. Their sad choice. :(

You can't say an opinion isn't true so long as it has a reason to exist.
And seeing as how there's PLENTY of reasons for that opinion to exist, I don't see what you're trying to say.
That is, opinions being of subjective nature, cannot be if they deal with objective subjects, such as the quality of a game's mechanical design.
Unless you mean "best game" by "the game that's the most fun to me", which is a subjective statement, in which case my b.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To the day, I still cringe every now and then at the viruses Joel puts in. Because it reminds me of the time I accidentally put malware on my computer.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well then. Still a victimless crime. Their sad choice. :(

That is, opinions being of subjective nature, cannot be if they deal with objective subjects, such as the quality of a game's mechanical design.
Unless you mean "best game" by "the game that's the most fun to me", which is a subjective statement, in which case my b.
When I said, "The best game" I was referring to myself, yes.

I'm not imposing my opinion onto anyone, it's just what I think in terms of the "best" game.

D

Deleted member

MMM. This is why having the opinion that every game is good is the best opinion. And I don't even just have it for the sake of not getting into flame wars, it's actually what I think.
Same here.

To be absolutely honest, that's the main reason for me to play Smash.

My first exposure to Smash Bros. was Melee and all I recognized were the Mario and Pokémon characters and Mr. Game & Watch.

I've always enjoyed Smash mostly for its crossover aspect. Something charming about being able to pit many characters from different games in silly fights. I feel the tournaments kinda overlook that aspect, which is why I don't really care much about them.

The only time I watched a tournament was the E3 2014 Invitational, but that was more for Smash 4 hype over anything else. Let's face it, that tournament was a marketing stunt.

You never know.

I got my three most wanted characters in Smash 4. :4mewtwo::4robinm::4darkpit:

And Bowser Jr. was my most wanted back in Brawl, with the Koopalings being a pipe dream of mine I never thought it would happen.

Seeing Dr. Mario and Roy returning from Melee after all those years was pretty cool too.
I see. Characters, are, of course, the reason why we all play Smash Bros.. I just think there are some dumb requests here and there, but that's it. I was insanely hyped back when Dr. Mario was confirmed, not going to lie. That being said, I don't watch tournaments much. Gameplay videos tend to bore me real quick.

I also remember watching the Invitational last year. Can agree x9000 in that it was just a marketing stunt.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Seeing that debate is like living the Attitude Era of the social threads :p

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Kingdom Hearts III is going to appear in some form at D23.

The Disney hype is real.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Anyone else going to watch Goku vs Superman II tonight?

Even dumber question, does anyone think Goku will win? LMAO

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028
Social dead. ;-;

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
EVO hype is now dead and so is the thread. All that remains is THE AURA!

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Anyone else going to watch Goku vs Superman II tonight?

Even dumber question, does anyone think Goku will win? LMAO
Yes and of course people will think Goku has a chance.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
lol Jamie Lee Curtis went to EVO disguised as Vega
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom