• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I honestly hope they don't do Gen 7 next year, as many problems as I have with Gen 6 so far, I feel just pulling the plug on it would be worse then trying to fix it up. It really could use a "Platinum" to make Kalos and Gen 6 more appealing and leaving it as is would just make it feel unfinished.

Its probably some form of Zygarde, seeing that it is colored like it.
A funny thing is we were talking about that in the Nintenzone thread, the idea is that it could be a way that Zygarde monitors the world as it has these little blobs form from its scales and observe for it. It would fit in perfectly with its motif, that's for sure.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm back.

Listening to anime music again... With some Xenoblade X music added to the mix. Hiroyuki Sawano has truly become one of my favorite musical artists.

Oh please.

Even back then, people were petty regarding rosters and character chances and reps and whatever else.

Speculation hasn't changed that much, even though the circumstances are different.

And lol at DivineDeity trying to be civil. What a funny joke. :chuckle:
I guess. Though I remember it being less filled with bile than it is now (though it could be my faulty memory getting back at me).

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
For those of you who can't skim the pages, this a good summary of the arguments:

Yes, I stole an image from a two year old post.

Soul.

I honestly don't know why people in the speculation comunity get so worked out with characters.
you could, y'know, play the game

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
But was that even shown or is that what a fan thinks it is
Right. But considering Game Freak always shows a new Pokémon in the movie before the next generation, we can assume is a new one... or considering the colors it may be a part of Zygarde's body or something too
2manytheories

I honestly hope they don't do Gen 7 next year, as many problems as I have with Gen 6 so far, I feel just pulling the plug on it would be worse then trying to fix it up. It really could use a "Platinum" to make Kalos and Gen 6 more appealing and leaving it as is would just make it feel unfinished.

A funny thing is we were talking about that in the Nintenzone thread, the idea is that it could be a way that Zygarde monitors the world as it has these little blobs form from its scales and observe for it. It would fit in perfectly with its motif, that's for sure.
I agree 200.0% about Gen 6 getting a Platinum equivalent just to give Kalos the edge it needs. XY felt really unpolished, specially when is compared with ORAS, that got plenty of postgame + buffed E4 rematch

Zygarde having blob thing to help him to monitor looks like a great theory :p

kylexv

Smash Master
Right. But considering Game Freak always shows a new Pokémon in the movie before the next generation, we can assume is a new one... or considering the colors it may be a part of Zygarde's body or something too
2manytheories

I agree 200.0% about Gen 6 getting a Platinum equivalent just to give Kalos the edge it needs. XY felt really unpolished, specially when is compared with ORAS, that got plenty of postgame + buffed E4 rematch

Zygarde having blob thing to help him to monitor looks like a great theory :p
Some moderator should take this as their avatar.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know what, looking back at it, I retract everything I said about things being civil.
Though I do find him to be adorable; He reminds me of how I dealt with my arguments.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
2manytheories
Ill just say I think it is Solosis until it is shown to officially be new
Nah. Unless they have a special green-colored username to match with the Pokémon, I don't see that happening. *laughs*
Yes, we all know you want a Green username color

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Best post from that "debate"
........ you win..... :urg:

But ONLY because I'll let you win. I'll be the bigger man and let you thinking you 'won' this one. Because I have integrity and honor, I'll be the big man here and say, despite all evidence to the contrary, you win. Hope you feel better... :rolleyes: Because clearly, despite my superior intelligence, inarguable arguments, and overall awesomeness, I'll just let you think you 'won' and call this a day.

Whatever. I'll be back in October.
>mfw

Strofirko

Smash Master
1.0 to 3.0 was much better with the stupid incidents/debates/flamewars, we need to bring these back :kappa:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Smash Cycle (since Brawl):
- New Smash Bros. announced, hype everywhere
- Speculation begins (!)
- People throw a lot of suggestions and saying which characters are shoo-ins or not
- Hopes for Ridley and completely de-cloned and revamped Ganondorf rise
- Characters are slowly revealed to varying levels of hype
- Final roster is leaked
- Crushing disappointment, disbelief and denial (no Ridley, Ganondorf is semi-clone again just like how all veterans haven't changed much either, characters no one saw coming become the target of hatred)
- People hold to the hope it's not the full roster
- Game officially releases and the leaked roster is the full roster
- Rage everywhere, Sakurai gets all the blame
- People eventually calm down and, no matter how subdued, the salt remains forever
- Rinse and repeat (for Smash 4, DLC stuff and renewed hopes)

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
Oh hey guys, what's up?

Other than the fact that ZeRo won EVO and nothing is new, so why am I asking that?

Soul.

- Speculation begins (!)
- People throw a lot of suggestions and saying which characters are shoo-ins or not
- Final roster is leaked
- Crushing disappointment, disbelief and denial (no Ridley, Ganondorf is semi-clone again just like how all veterans haven't changed much either, characters no one saw coming become the target of hatred)
- People eventually calm down and, no matter how subdued, the salt remains forever
You forgot this:
- Competitive scene arises (!)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well see if we were talking about competitive play, that's a whole other can of worms right there.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
There's two dudes smoking crack in front of my house :glare:

D

Deleted member

yeah man, look at the jank

don't most people in the speculation community not care about it, though? Just wondering
Of course they don't care about competitive play. They just want their favorite characters to make it into the game.

Which will never happen. :evil:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
HBOX WITH THE PRIMAL YELL POPOFF TAKING IT OVER LEFFEN
HE LITERALLY FULL ON KISSED HIS GF IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA TOO

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I know must people don't care, but Hungrybox defeating Leffen has to be one of the most satisfying moments i've seen in tournaments.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
TBH I rather Leffen wins but I didn't mind that popoff, strangely.
I usually dislike the pride HBOX displays.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That was a hype debate thing. Fond memories all around.

Funk, Smooth, and Moon even had referee avatars to go along with it, and Smooth changed his to John Madden. :p It was kinda perfect.

Naturally he came back around September and then got permabanned for flaming again. Good times.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
- Speculation begins (!)
- Final roster is leaked
-People make cycles that consist of two instances :troll:
-People argue with each other about why X game is better than X game and everything ends in a flame war.
-Hungrybox defeats Leffen
-I cry in happiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom