• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trick or Treat

Holden Caulfield is my second least favorite character in anything ever made. Ever. If he didn't exist, the book would be fine. Oh wait, he's the "protagonist." -__-

I'll look into those, thanks!
I loveee Holden D:

And you don't want to know my thoughts on them? I can give you my thoughts unless you'd rather just find out for yourself.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Anyone remember reading Dante's Inferno?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
**** YEAH! BOOKS!

*ahem*

I'm re-reading 1984 but I'm reconsidering whether or not its among my favorites. I forgot how dry the early parts were.
AWW YEAH BOOKS

I wasn't expecting to see Orwell, moreso...
Hunger Games.
Unwind.
I Am Number Four.
Truancy trilogy.
Wake trilogy.

These are the only ones I have read purely for pleasure in the past, say 5-6 years. Unless I missed some.

Not counting school books, although I loved Catcher In the Rye!
... this sort of stuff. But, sci-fi is neat! These are all fairly modern, too. Have you read any of the old greats, like Isaac Asimov's books or Frank Herbert's Dune?

Maybe I should start checking out the modern stuff. :P
Spoiler (not really): Hamlet's soliloquy is not about suicide.
I am reading books....
ok

I remember reading Harry Potter when I was little. I forget when I stopped. Never cared to pick it back up: I went on to more mature fantasy books (All that good D&D / medieval fantasy stuff) somewhere around 13.
Anyone remember reading Dante's Inferno?
Aww yeah, literary master right there.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well a Lv. 43 Roserade got released
A Sawsbuck deposited and still they doesn't get Lileep obviously

Masquerain got released too (****! I liked that Mon)

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

AWW YEAH BOOKS

I wasn't expecting to see Orwell, moreso...
... this sort of stuff. But, sci-fi is neat! These are all fairly modern, too. Have you read any of the old greats, like Isaac Asimov's books or Frank Herbert's Dune?

Maybe I should start checking out the modern stuff. :P

ok

I remember reading Harry Potter when I was little. I forget when I stopped. Never cared to pick it back up: I went on to more mature fantasy books (All that good D&D / medieval fantasy stuff) somewhere around 13.
Aww yeah, literary master right there.
I haven't read any old books except for school. I can't really get into older stuff sadly, even anime and music. Very rarely does something capture my interest.

D

Deleted member

And you don't want to know my thoughts on them? I can give you my thoughts unless you'd rather just find out for yourself.
I'd rather find out myself. Madoka was the only show I've gone into completely blind, and other's opinions may have been the cause of my lack of enjoyment in the other things I've seen.

2BR ⃠2B

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
ive readddd plague dogs and watership down, dante's inferno, some stephen king, mass effect books, among lots of other things.

plague dogs is great though.

T

Trick or Treat

I'd rather find out myself. Madoka was the only show I've gone into completely blind, and other's opinions may have been the cause of my lack of enjoyment in the other things I've seen.

2BR ⃠2B
I like the way you think. Hopefully tou enjoy them then!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Books rarely attract me, I read half of Brave New World tho :rolleyes:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I haven't read any old books except for school. I can't really get into older stuff sadly, even anime and music. Very rarely does something capture my interest.
I'm the exact opposite: I rarely find interest in new books/anime unless if it really piques my interest. Probably why I'm so biased in favor of Cowboy Bebop.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The only one I play (somewhat) straight is music. Where a lot of my likes are with the older generations.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I read magazines.

What kind I read I will not tell.
COULD IT BE
THE LEWD VARIETY?!?
Hey, same here. Stuff that doesn't jive with our generation's sentiments rarely captures our interest.
That, and the decayed technological futures they see (odd to say), they didn't anticipate our changes.
But those two masterpieces, on the other hand...

Dune was just trippy for me, but I couldn't put it down. Control the spice, control the galaxy.
Asimov, though, he predicted technology well enough to not make me sigh.
His Foundation series is extremely dense and it's pretty much Tom Clancy in space except not, so, that probably wouldn't interest you due to its huge passages of people just talking about the politics or science or plot, kinda. Like, the payoff after some of the mysteries have been revealed is massive, though. I just sat and stared at a clock for like 20 minutes with my mouth agape after The Mule was spoilers.

AND this is why I read Medieval Fantasy / D&D stuff! Never gets old, never can!
ive readddd plague dogs and watership down, dante's inferno, some stephen king, mass effect books, among lots of other things.

plague dogs is great though.
Something tells me I should start reading Stephen King. That dude writes like 10 pages a day.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I gotta start reading comics. Anything Batman, Deadpool, and Miles Morales Spidey being top priority.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
So, uh...

D-do any of you read books?
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is my favorite book. It's one of the funniest, wittiest books ever written, only everyone was making 42 references and thus failed to notice.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
TPP just destroyed their team...again :4dk:

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I am reading ready player one.
But I mostly read manga online.
You better finish it. It's an awesome book. EVERYONE HERE SHOULD GO READ IT RIGHT NOW. (its getting made into a movie btw. the fanart is also pretty good)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
oh uh drizzt do 'urden is pretty good too.
Yeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss
R.A. Salvatore is gr8
The first three Drizzt books (chronologically) are super awesome.

There's the other golden standards, too, like some of the Dragonlance books (Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman), the Gord The Rogue stuff (ENTROPY VS MEGA-EVIL TITAN DOE?)r.
And there's Terry Brooks with the Shannara stuff, never read much of that.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I Have a lot of books on animals and human evolution, as well as a ton of art books.
Don't usually read novels though.
Some would call you boring
I'll just call you unique.
You must know by now that evolution has more holes in it than swiss cheese (which happens to be my favorite cheese).

Edit: also yes the Pluto stuff was very interesting. Cool to see that it's so multi-colored!

Oh! Artemis Fowl! How could I forget about that? Great sci-fi / Fantasy I read growing up, written very recently. Tons of fun for days.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Not smash, but would anyone like to play Mario kart 8?
I hope that, some day, either cheap teleportation exists so I can go play things with people (thus the resurgence of local video game stuff like LANs!), or that Intellectual Property law goes away to the point where I can just download and burn MK8 on a disk without fear of the coppers. :D

Sorry, this was kinda unrelated wasn't it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom