• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, while I changed my avi, I changed my sig a bit, I think I'm going to make a new one with Paper Mario text about Iwata, but for now, well there's at least the ribbon.

Also, don;t worry, all my work on my sig and avi are saved, but I think it';s for good measure to do this temporarily :)

Btw, the Banner on Smashboards is really well made :)

D

Deleted member

lol im going over natural selection in science, and all i can think is Wesker from Resident Evil.
RULES OF NATURE!
AND THEY RUN WHEN THE SUN COMES UP
WITH THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE

GOTTA FOLLOW THE LAWS OF THE WILD

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It was...an emotional rollercoaster to say the least.
One moment I was thinking it was the worst Smash ever, that the game was just Brawl 2.0, I thought it was bad to the levels of I-should-quit-gaming bad.
But then at other moments I was like, "you know, I'm actually having fun! Also so-and-so character is really fun to use!" and then I heard MK7's Rainbow Road theme in a stage and I thought this was the best thing ever since pre-release Brawl hype.

....I just don't know how to feel about this game ;_;
idk, to me, sounds like you dont like the game and your forcing yourself to like it

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
There, so as you may notice, there;s no links, it;s just a static image in the sig.

Thanks to @Swampasaur for the idea, but the idea is to suspend my support activities too.

I think I might do this until his funeral on the 17th though, but jsut a little thing. If you are like me, I would suggest you do the same, this is extremely rare that i change my sig, but this is worth the circumstances :)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This game means a lot to me, lol.
WELL YOU GONNA TO DO SOME MATCH ON FOR GLORY. GET YOUR ASS KICKED BY SPAMMER LIKE NESS OR LINK AND THEN YOU WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY THAT IT'S THE WORST SMASH EVER!! LIKE A TRUE MAN!!:4ryu:
Nah Jk, don't take the game too seriously. It's only 2 hour after all.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
my favorite case is definitely the last one, but case 3 was my second favorite.
it liked the characters and premise alot.
Meh, I'm not much of a fan of JFA in general to be honest. The only reason I like case 3 is solely because of Moe.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Is it bad that Im ignoring anyone that is still mourning over Iwata atm?
Not at all, no.
If you've already gotten over it and everyone else is bugging you by still mourning it's better that you ignore them than to act like they're doing something wrong and call them out on it or something haha

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
So I've only been here in the forum for a couple months, and never knew how to introduce myself properly in this thread. However, Iwata's passing not only gave me the motivation needed to post here but also made me realize how easily we people in this forum tend to fight for which character actually "deserves" to be in Smash and mostly care for the competitive scene that we're forgetting the main reason why Smash was made in the first place. Smash is meant to attract every kind of people, so they can have fun; you can either play "casually" or "competitively" however you musn't forget what matters in the end is that you have fun while playing. It's no easy job at all to make a game, yet Sakurai, despite his health problems and constant criticism he receives from fans, has been willing once again to continue the franchise.

The same has been happening with the console wars. Rather than arguing which console is the best, has the better games or graphics, we should look how in the end, we share the same passion: we play video games because they bring us hours of fun and excitement. They have even allowed us to meet wonderful friends over the years. Despite being rivals, Sony and Microsoft acknowledge how of a great man Iwata was; Sony's CEO, Kazuo Hirai, openly admits he enjoys playing Wii U with his family. Why can't most of us be like this by acknowledging how important each company truly is and not belittling others for not sharing the same preferences?

May July 12 be remembered as an important day in gaming history. No matter what happened, Iwata's legacy will keep living.

You might now see me posting more in this thread, after all you guys always seem to have fun and I'd like to form part of it :)
@Erika are you feeling better now?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I've only been here in the forum for a couple months, and never knew how to introduce myself properly in this thread. However, Iwata's passing not only gave me the motivation needed to post here but also made me realize how easily we people in this forum tend to fight for which character actually "deserves" to be in Smash and mostly care for the competitive scene that we're forgetting the main reason why Smash was made in the first place. Smash is meant to attract every kind of people, so they can have fun; you can either play "casually" or "competitively" however you musn't forget what matters in the end is that you have fun while playing. It's no easy job at all to make a game, yet Sakurai, despite his health problems and constant criticism he receives from fans, has been willing once again to continue the franchise.

The same has been happening with the console wars. Rather than arguing which console is the best, has the better games or graphics, we should look how in the end, we share the same passion: we play video games because they bring us hours of fun and excitement. They have even allowed us to meet wonderful friends over the years. Despite being rivals, Sony and Microsoft acknowledge how of a great man Iwata was; Sony's CEO, Kazuo Hirai, openly admits he enjoys playing Wii U with his family. Why can't most of us be like this by acknowledging how important each company truly is and not belittling others for not sharing the same preferences?

May July 12 be remembered as an important day in gaming history. No matter what happened, Iwata's legacy will keep living.

You might now see me posting more in this thread, after all you guys always seem to have fun and I'd like to form part of it :)
YOU!.....Your totally right. I always play game for Fun. Not for Glory. (AKA No Fun mode in Smash 4:4darkpit:)

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996

Very well said. You are completely right. :grin:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Someone made a good joke at the worst time.
"The last thing Iwata heard was the ambulance siren going 'Wii U Wii U Wii U'."

:chuckle: I'm laughing, but I shouldn't.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I'm seriously considering getting a PS3 or PS4 sometime within this year. Any game suggestions? I'm already planning on getting more into the LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted series, since I really like them from what I've played with a friend. Any others though?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
----
The beauty will have the honor of being on my sig

My sig is slowly becoming a " MVP sig"
So I'm seriously considering getting a PS3 or PS4 sometime within this year. Any game suggestions? I'm already planning on getting more into the LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted series, since I really like them from what I've played with a friend. Any others though?
Persona 5....... Thats all I can suggest

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Get the Sly Cooper and Jax and Dexter HD collections. Those games are pretty fun. If you also want to try them out, there's the MGS HD and Legacy collections, (HD has MGS 2, MGS 3, MGS Peace Walker, and the first two Metal Gear games. Legacy includes all the main MGS titles). The Dark Souls series is also pretty good. If you're into racing games, Gran Turismo is also pretty good (Depends if you like realistic racing games though). And if you really want to, Playstation Allstars: Battle Royal. :p

This is a pretty big list, though I chose the games I found interesting. Not like you'll buy these games all at the same time lol.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

YOU CANT
----
The beauty will have the honor of being on my sig

My sig is slowly becoming a " MVP sig"

Persona 5....... Thats all I can suggest
Serperiorrrrrrrr, the best pokemon
DBZ games, Persona, Kingdom hearts, GTA, Jump All Stars uhhhhh
dunno if you like sports games but Madden is p fun

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Arkham Knight, Sly Cooper Collection, and Dragon Quest Heroes.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
wait... people didn't like case 3 in Justice for All?
i really liked that case though :(.
That was my most favorite case in JFA. Especially because of Moe:

The third case of JFA isn't liked for a lot of things :
  • The characters are not likeable except for Moe and Acro. Maximillion Galactica is forgettable (mostly intended), Regina Berry is more annoying than anything, and the relationship between Benjamin Woodman (ventriloquist) and Regina was outright disturbing. Seriously, the characters don't help the case.
  • The Moe part. Yes, even though Moe is likeable, he had the worst time in the whole case. Of course, it's when the game decides to "remove" your ability to press every sentences as much as you want, and instead penalize the player. The remade the same concept in T&T, but it was better implanted, the situation was appropriate. This part is probably the worst of all the case.
  • The case was too long. Yeah, and that's coming from the guy who loves the 5th case of the first game, wich is the biggest in the whole series. For a third case, it shouldn't be that long, especially for how important it was in the story in general.
  • The case is confusing and feels more like a mess than anything. This was intended, since a circus can be a big mess like this case. But the case is way too confusing for a lot of players. And some of the things the game asks you to do are just ridiculous. Like deducing that Acro had a statue under his chair or some crap like that. Great, but we never see it, it's a complete guess.
  • It was not even intended to be liked in the first place. You wanna know why ? Look at Phoenix. He is supposed to act like the player would be if he was in his place. And poor Wright hate this case too. First, he doesn't give a crap about his client, he never really wanted the case to begin with, was almost eaten by a lion, suffered through all the trial sessions thanks to a statue and a clown, and still have nightmares of it, as we can see a flashback of one of the bad puns of Moe in the last case. If even Phoenix hates this case, I don't know how you can really like it either as a player.
That's my personal opinion, and it's generally what people thinks. Feel free to disagree.
Yay, super late answers.:4ganondorf:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Wow. That's just disgusting. What an awful joke to make.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I really enjoyed the God of War trilogy mainly for its gameplay. I'd recommend it as long as you don't mind the gore and partial nudity present at times. I'd also recommend the Metal Gear Solid and Sly Cooper series like they mentioned before.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So the new gravity falls is tonight at 8:30

They didn't give a time zone though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom