• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
seems like a good idea to me.
would make me practice and keep my mind off this, if anything.
Yeah, that'd lessen the blow somewhat. We should just have a jovial occasion to celebrate Iwata's life, not mope about his loss.

Personally, I'm considering creating an Iwata Mii Fighter to use as a memorial for him, because the legacy of Iwata should never be forgotten...Christ, we've lost so many great people already; Leonard Nimoy, Robin Williams...when are we going to get sucker-punched with the news that Miyamoto died? Or Sakurai?

I legit began to tear up after I saw the news post. ;_;

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
It certainly sounds nice :)
your signature gave me chills.

All this news is just making me not work on my 7-12 page paper due tomorrow...and I haven't started. Don't know how I'm gonna do this with such upsetting news weighing me down.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Probably the best thing we can do now is just grabbing our favorite games and play them... have fun like he said

Soul.

When this thread was locked, I took the time needed to go and listen to You're My Number One, from Sonic R. This line, in particular:
All I need is you
For always and forever
All you need is me
Remember when I say
All we need is love
For us to be together
'Cause you're my number one

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Heard the news... My heart dropped HARD when I found out. I'm literally bawling in tears right now.

Stay strong Nintendo. :cry:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Yeah, that'd lessen the blow somewhat. We should just have a jovial occasion to celebrate Iwata's life, not mope about his loss.

Personally, I'm considering creating an Iwata Mii Fighter to use as a memorial for him, because the legacy of Iwata should never be forgotten...Christ, we've lost so many great people already; Leonard Nimoy, Robin Williams...when are we going to get sucker-punched with the news that Miyamoto died? Or Sakurai?

I legit began to tear up after I saw the news post. ;_;
thanks Ridley.
I'm glad you'd be sad about Sakurai, even after he said you were too big.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Thank you for your time and patience. The thread shall now be unlocked.
Thank you for answering my request.
That's all I have to say.

All this news is just making me not work on my 7-12 page paper due tomorrow...and I haven't started. Don't know how I'm gonna do this with such upsetting news weighing me down.
You should. It would be respectful for our hardworking Iwata to do your work.

T

Trick or Treat

No one should take it seriously, indeed. Let's just have some fun.
There shouldn't be anyone winning said tournament, either.
I don't mean any disrespect, but in a way, he would be the one winning. All of us having a lot of fun together, playing a Nintendo game.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
The train is now arriving at the 5th stage of Grief...
I hope.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Man... I've been going around telling my friends and siblings the news before they get to sleep. I've been hearing nothing but sad reactions for like an hour now... It's hard to keep saying this over and over.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Unbelievable... It feels so surreal to see such a big name in the industry to pass away. Completely unexpected.

Once again, RIP Iwata. :(

I will be logging out now. It's close to 3 AM where I am.

See you all later.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Unbelievable... It feels so surreal to see such a big name in the industry to pass away. Completely unexpected.

Once again, RIP Iwata. :(

I will be logging out now. It's close to 3 AM where I am.

See you all later.
Seeya Frost.
Since I have accepted and most people here are still mourning... Im not going to be on here for a few days
eh, it's fine. you should take some days off if you need to.

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
I'm logging off as well. I just need some time to let this sink in.
Talk to you guys later.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Seeing the tributes that people are posting on Twitter and other Social Media is really heartwarming

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Gosh dangit @Tangamanga your sig...
It's so empty.
Too soon for it Tangamanga

Wow, I'm incredibly shocked to hear the news when I saw it blowing up on facebook. My thoughts and prayers are with Iwata's family, friends, and Nintendo everywhere, co-workers, teammates, and fans all.

So this girl I've been "dating" for awhile gave me the friendzone today. While I'm a bit hurt, I feel glad that we have been honest with each other and supportive before we even got serious. Last I'd want is to get hurt again after my ex. At times, I'm tired of feeling like a brother to people and I want more, but guess that's how life is at times

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
So this girl I've been "dating" for awhile gave me the friendzone today. While I'm a bit hurt, I feel glad that we have been honest with each other and supportive before we even got serious. Last I'd want is to get hurt again after my ex. At times, I'm tired of feeling like a brother to people and I want more, but guess that's how life is at times
that's quite unfortunate, but its good you guess clarified before you got serious. wouldn't have ended well in the end.
you'll find someone though, i'm sure.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thank you for answering my request.
That's all I have to say..
Not a problem at all. It just felt like the right thing to do, given the circumstances.

I also want to say that I realize this is a really sensitive time for many here. If you feel the need to vent anything you don't feel right doing out in public, you can always PM me or another moderator, for this loss and any other. I just wanted to reiterate that we can offer support. I know some have been taking this news really badly, and I sympathize with them.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I lose my internet for a day, and what do I see? Iwata has passed away. It really sucks...i'm honestly getting teary eyed about it. I really can't imagine anybody else from Nintendo passing away...it's to much to take in.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." —Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
that's quite unfortunate, but its good you guess clarified before you got serious. wouldn't have ended well in the end.
you'll find someone though, i'm sure.
The thing of it is, when we kissed last week she felt awkward and said it felt like she was kissing a brother. Nowhere near offended, but just a little hurt about it. At least it's nice that she still wants to be friends, which is MUCH better than what my ex put me through

I lose my internet for a day, and what do I see? Iwata has passed away. It really sucks...i'm honestly getting teary eyed about it. I really can't imagine anybody else from Nintendo passing away...it's to much to take in.
Not that I want to bring hell to the forms, but I can't imagine how the community would feel when Reggie's time comes. I mean, the fact that Iwata just passed out of the blue is sudden and sad

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

When I thought of the games Iwata worked on, Earthbound came to mind, which then reminded me of this song. It's weird, but this is calming me down....it's making me feel happy, and the tears are stopping.

R.I.P Iwata: A great influence to gaming.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just want to know where Nintendo will go from now beyond remembering and respecting the legacy and impact he left for not just the company but gamers everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom