• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I'm a fan of this thread's title. :4ness:

Also, Dr. Mario is starting to look fun to play as in Smash 4. Sure, Saltwater to cape when your opponents are trying to recover is a trollish thing to do (which I like :4duckhunt: ), but Dr. Mario feels more natural to me, kinda like the Roy situation. Maybe I'm just a fan of character's movesets in Melee. :foxmelee:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I wish the whole Casual vs Competitive **** will just die off,Their is never no in-between if you're a casual you have to be some idiot that don't care about whats in the game, want to do lame taunt parties, and don't want to learn about their main, and Competitive players are people that go weeks without showering, only want to play 1 vs 1's on boring flat stages.

I'm getting sick of people saying I won't care if they make the smash more competitive, that got one of the worst insults someone would say to me, why don't you just come out and say my opinion don't matter because I'm a casual while you at it. Just because I play the game casually that doesn't mean I don't care about balancing or game mechanics, it will be like me saying competitive players don't play for fun they only play to win, we all know that isn't true.

This community seems to be the best of demonizing players for the way they want play smash. Play time matches with Items you don't know how to play and you're a scrub, play 1vs1 stock matches you're a kill joy that **** on the game. This goes for characters as well.
Well frankly I think it should.
Because as of right now I'm getting sick of this whole "Casual vs Competitive" argument.
It will die off as soon as everyone understands that a deep competitive fighting game and a zany fun party game are not mutually exclusive in design.
It doesn't look like Sakurai will understand that any time soon, so, we're stuck with it. Sorry.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Envy, you are not a filthy casual, you are merely in intellectual error.
Making a game deep and interesting, that is, competitive, doesn't come at the cost of it being a good chaotic party game.
Additionally, a game may end up completely aside from a developer's intention, therefore whether they tried or not to cater to both doesn't matter, sadly.
All I am saying is that I enjoy both "sides" of Smash, but for me personally it will always be "party game with a competitive side". I hope it becomes equal, and I appreciate what the developers are at least trying to do to make it more competitive, even if that doesn't meet the standards of most competitive players.

The bottom line is that as long as they don't cater exclusively to one side, I will be happy.

But that is just me and my intellectual error maybe

Last edited by a moderator:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
this implies that making smash more competitive would hurt your ability to enjoy the game but never actually says what about having more competitive balancing and the removal of things that are toxic for competitive play would make it worse for you. is there any real downside to having the game balanced at the top level of play and the removal of options that allow for extremely campy overly defensive play styles and timeouts?
I never said that balancing the game to be more competitive was a bad thing, I said that saying casuals don't care about balancing at all is not true. if the game was broken as **** I would care, I won't like it if low tier characters get destroyed easily by hard tier characters or the air dodges in this game, just because I don't play a competitively doesn't mean I don't care about any balancing to smash games good or bad .

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Basically the game being competitive isn't the problem, the people constantly badgering the people who prefer not to play or look at it competitively are the problem?

I can roll with that.

:troll:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It will die off as soon as everyone understands that a deep competitive fighting game and a zany fun party game are not mutually exclusive in design.
It doesn't look like Sakurai will understand that any time soon, so, we're stuck with it. Sorry.
Look, I'm going to real here.
It's a video game about Nintendo characters beating the **** out of each other. We're complaining about a game that was made by some company who wanted to try their hand at a new idea. Smash Bros as a whole could have never existed and we'd still move on. It's just a game that's there and people enjoy. It's the same with Street Fighter, or really the video game industry as a whole. They're simply means of fulfilling a purpose, whether it is to entertain, persuade, inform, or all three. It's not meant to be some pinnacle of human development, nor the greatest example of human skill. Smash is meant to be another Nintendo game, it's been like this since 64.

So no, I don't care that he'll never "understand", because I just want to play the freaking game. Because in the end, that's what truly matters: playing the God damn game.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Never going back to SpongeBob

NEVERH!!11one!!RamOne!!

T

Trick or Treat

Basically the game being competitive isn't the problem, the people constantly badgering the people who prefer not to play or look at it competitively are the problem?

I can roll with that.

:troll:
People on both sides are just as bad. Any casual player who says that it is ONLY meant to be a party game and bashes competitive players, is wrong. But competitive players who think the game should only be catered toward them, and that casuals are apparently inferior, are just as wrong.

I have seen people like that on both sides, here on this forum.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Guys I don't have anymore pizza.
Should I call for more pizza? :4pacman:

Soul.

xSoul is bad game design, so no I'm not going back to using that thing.
Look, I'm going to real here.
It's a video game about Nintendo characters beating the **** out of each other. We're complaining about a game that was made by some company who wanted to try their hand at a new idea. Smash Bros as a whole could have never existed and we'd still move on. It's just a game that's there and people enjoy. It's the same with Street Fighter, or really the video game industry as a whole. They're simply means of fulfilling a purpose, whether it is to entertain, persuade, inform, or all three. It's not meant to be some pinnacle of human development, nor the greatest example of human skill. Smash is meant to be another Nintendo game, it's been like this since 64.

So no, I don't care that he'll never "understand", because I just want to play the freaking game. Because in the end, that's what truly matters: playing the God damn game.
But you can already play the game.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Eh, Tangamanga now, Tangamanga forever.
If I change it I'll forget what it was and I won't be able to relog.

Anyways, -throws confetti-
How shalll we enjoy the festivities?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
People on both sides are just as bad. Any casual player who says that it is ONLY meant to be a party game and bashes competitive players, is wrong. But competitive players who think the game should only be catered toward them, and that casuals are apparently inferior, are just as wrong.

I have seen people like that on both sides, here on this forum.
Yeah, I was being silly.
People who try to act like they're entitled to things are annoying by nature.

It's alright to want things to be in the game but I've seen people get really angry at Sakurai for doing/not doing X. It's strange.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Guys:

HOW TO FLOOD YOUR ALERT BOX!

Step 1: Claim (might be a lie) that people often mistype your name or mispronounce it.

Step 2: just watch your quotes saying "sorry" with a purposely miss typed name.

Lol, I was actually not lying, but this happened 3 times in this thread and I just got 6 alerts.

I really don;t understand why but....

"okay"

:)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Guys I don't have anymore pizza.
Should I call for more pizza? :4pacman:
There is always time for more pizza:4pacman:
Guys:

Step 1: Claim (might be a lie) that people often mistype your name or mispronounce it.

Lol, I was actually not lying, but this happened 3 times in this thread and I just got 6 alerts.

"okay"

So Ill go with Oboromuramasa just make people mad from now on

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Guys:

"okay"

sorry aljanemba5

T

Trick or Treat

I have considered getting a name change....but there's really nothing I can think of changing it to.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Even though the games are over, this is relevant to the Hunger Games Revival of 5.0:

[weeps for the many Space Strangers who lost their lives]

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Even though the games are over, this is relevant to the Hunger Games Revival of 5.0:

[weeps for the many Space Strangers who lost their lives]
But see, we need the Kenny of the Social Thread. How else can we fill our quota of ripping off television?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom