• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Whaaaaa-?
*cough* *cough* it's just when someone says that three-word phrase, my mind always thinks they're being serious. Don't worry, it's not your fault, I just tend to overreact. SOORRY~

T

Trick or Treat

*cough* *cough* it's just when someone says that three-word phrase, my mind always thinks they're being serious. Don't worry, it's not your fault, I just tend to overreact. SOORRY~
No no, it was my fault. I'm sorry! I shouldn't have said it like that!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
No no, it was my fault. I'm sorry! I shouldn't have said it like that!
It's the people who think you mean that you love them romantically is the problem.

The word "love" is so diluted nowadays that it doesn't... usually... mean "love" anymore.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
It's the people who think you mean that you love them romantically is the problem.

The word "love" is so diluted nowadays that it doesn't... usually... mean "love" anymore.
Cannot like enough
There are many forms of love other than the romantic kind.
Friendship, in particular, is a form of love that's been dying for a while. So many relationships are presumed romantic or sexual, it's somewhat disgusting.

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Four_Loves
C.S. Lewis though?! :D

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I sometimes say it in a silly way.

But I also say it to my close friends. In a serious way, but not a romantic way. Because I do truly love my best friends, it is just a different kind of love. But I still mean it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333

Cannot like enough
There are many forms of love other than the romantic kind.
Friendship, in particular, is a form of love that's been dying for a while. So many relationships are presumed romantic or sexual, it's somewhat disgusting.
Well, that's what the media has been showing us kids. I value friendship myself, but there are just some of my friends that just want to get into a relationship at such an early point in their life so bad they'll stop talking to me cause of it. I just wished society today would be a bit more mature about this...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I sometimes say it in a silly way.

But I also say it to my close friends. In a serious way, but not a romantix way. Because I do truly love my best friends, it is just a different kind of love. But I still mean it!
Right. There are the times when people are saying "I love you" to mean "that was funny, I laughed a lot" or something. Or sometimes they just say it as a joke reaction.

I also love my close friends. I, of course, very much love my girlfriend. I love my family. I love some of you guys.

All different.

I never say I love anything except when I mean it.

T

Trick or Treat

Right. There are the times when people are saying "I love you" to mean "that was funny, I laughed a lot" or something. Or sometimes they just say it as a joke reaction.

I also love my close friends. I, of course, very much love my girlfriend. I love my family. I love some of you guys.

All different.

I don't say it in the silly/joke way too often. Just once in a while.

Exactly. There are jusy different types of love. So when I say "I love you" to my closest friends, I actually mean it.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
*cue music*
I hold my friends very dear to me. To me, they're just as important as having a family or a spouse. I don't treat them like toys unlike society because they are human. They have feelings. They have a right. This is my philosophy:

"My friends... Are my power!"

I've been dieing to do this for a long time

PootisKonga

Smash Ace

Welp, time to stop playing characters I enjoy and just pick the top tier character in each game because **** trying to win while having the most fun I can, right?

D

Deleted member

Welp, time to stop playing characters I enjoy and just pick the top tier character in each game because **** trying to win while having the most fun I can, right?
Pfft. Nah. I did quite well against a Sheik/Falcon player today with Hyper Shulk.

I lost in the end, but w/e.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Love...
The truest form of love isn't an emotion, it's not hormones, it's not a feeling, it's not some intellectual principle; it's an act of the will we must make, a deliberate choice at every juncture to want what is best for the other, wholeheartedly and unconditionally, at any cost to ourselves.

"Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Last edited:

Soul.

Omni's videos are funny and all but that is really... vague.
just enjoy playing the character you like.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I tend to play characters I really like instead, no matter the tier. Most games I play, I play mid-tier heroes. But I won't lie, I do like Melee Fox a lot.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

I WILL PLAY AS LUCINA AND MEWTWO AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME

T

Trick or Treat

I don't look at tiers. I just play with who I like, and to have fun. I have no idea what tier my mains are.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Melee Fox is fun, but I have more fun playing Mario or DK or even ****ing Bowser so I play those guys

I saw someone say that you are only playing to win if you're using the best character. That's not how it works, buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom