• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
HEY GUYS I FOUND A CUTE MANGER
http://bato.to/read/_/329807/jitsu-wa-watashi-wa_v1_ch1_by_futari-wa-pretty-anon
Keeping things light is important in a romantic manga, because...
Japanese manga / anime drama hits with the subtlety of a 9.0 earthquake, and is often as shallow as a kiddie pool.
I find myself asking why I care so much about the characters given their seeming shallowness and fairly obvious archetypes.
My favorite part about it is that it makes fun of said archetypes and other common tropes in the field.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Haha, I wish. I love archery.

But I mean to put in my hair. I like to wear bows or ribbons. Flowers too, but my work doesn't allow them..
YOU MUST KNOW HOW CUTE THIS IS. I REFUSE TO THINK YOU'RE OBLIVIOUS TO YOUR CUTENESS.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Soooo happy right now.

My local Gamestop is ACTUALLY GETTING the Ness restock on Thursday. The girl wasn't sure about Dedede since the box hasn't arrived yet, but MAN OH MAN...I can finally get him too! Normally I wouldn't want Ness too badly, but he's my brother's main, so he has a bit of sentimental value for me to get, haha. We basically both use most of the amiibos anyway. :p

This will be awesome if it comes together. Then I just gotta focus on Samus, Marth, Robin, and Villager as far as the rares are concerned.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I don't think I've ever felt bad for toy manufacturers until now:

I would write a 20 page rant that toy manufactures are missing the ball with Toy Story but it will end up falling on deaf ears.

Anyway, what did I miss?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
[clouds intensify]
[wind intensifies]
[darkness intensifies]

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ A BIG STORM IS COMING ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Haha, I wish. I love archery.

But I mean to put in my hair. I like to wear bows or ribbons. Flowers too, but my work doesn't allow them..
That's nice.
I need a blue beanie that I could customize into the one of Phoenix.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Bran Flakes? We couldn't even get one of the major brands for a sponsorship? What happened to us?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think I've ever felt bad for toy manufacturers until now:

I would write a 20 page rant that toy manufactures are missing the ball with Toy Story but it will end up falling on deaf ears.

Anyway, what did I miss?
I dunno what you're talking about that Woody is awesome

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-action-movie-red-ash-gets-a-gameplay-mock-up

...what on Earth is Inafune up to. He's got several projects running after his first successful Kickstarter and the game hasn't even released yet. A LIVE-ACTION movie?!

For all the hype Inafune is trying to garner for his IP, if the game doesn't live up to both the fans and the backer's expectations, he is going to get royally ****ed up the hole.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-action-movie-red-ash-gets-a-gameplay-mock-up

...what on Earth is Inafune up to. He's got several projects running after his first successful Kickstarter and the game hasn't even released yet. A LIVE-ACTION movie?!

For all the hype Inafune is trying to garner for his IP, if the game doesn't live up to both the fans and the backer's expectations, he is going to get royally ****ed up the hole.
See, I get that the man has a lot of ideas, but I feel he's jumping the gun on this.
At least wait 'till the game is out before launching all your ideas.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

Big dreams for a re-skinned Mega Man 11.

Yeah, I don't have a high opinion of M#9 at all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't get it. Red Ash has two characters sharing the names with those found in Mighty No. 9 ("Beck" and "Call"). I wonder why.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I dunno what you're talking about that Woody is awesome
I'm more ranting on the fact that the chose to make more Clearance-isle Woody and Buzz figures rather than other characters. The recent toy lines have been laughably bad with their overreliance on Woody and Buzz's popularity rather than more unique characters. Like...

Combat Carl [Weathers]

and Reptillus Maximus

I guess Mattel doesn't like to make money. More collectors ask for minor/other characters as a opposed to Woody and Buzz but I digress.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I had a great idea for a band:
We make a boy band called "The Lovebirds", with their first album being a bunch of empty promises accompanied by vague ideas of what you'll "do" for them (or, if Bryan Adam's "Everything I Do" is an entire album). Complete with tours and everything. Maybe stick 'em on Nickelodeon for the kiddos.

Then, for their next album, we reinvent them as a metal band. They'd be like if Seek And Destroy looked at Heaven and Hell and wanted to make an album like it; right down to the cosmetics.

It'd be brilliant.

_gold_

Smash Master
Seriously, Yoshi's Wooly World has been delayed for so long, I better be dumbfounded by how amazing it is once it comes out. I've waited since January of 2013, and I still have to wait till October.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm more ranting on the fact that the chose to make more Clearance-isle Woody and Buzz figures rather than other characters. The recent toy lines have been laughably bad with their overreliance on Woody and Buzz's popularity rather than more unique characters. Like...

Combat Carl [Weathers]

and Reptillus Maximus

I guess Mattel doesn't like to make money. More collectors ask for minor/other characters as a opposed to Woody and Buzz but I digress.
Have they EVER made a figure with clothing that detailed?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Seriously, Yoshi's Wooly World has been delayed for so long, I better be dumbfounded by how amazing it is once it comes out. I've waited since January of 2013, and I still have to wait till October.
Buy Super Mario Advance 3 on VC. Then you've pretty much played it.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Alright! I have a legit reason to hate Kotaku! :4charizard:
http://thebests.kotaku.com/pixar-movies-ranked-1716172363
>Toy Story is only slightly above Cars and Cars 2
>Nostalgia Story 3 is rated at #1

Notes from article:
  • Have you seen the original Toy Story recently? That movie is terrible. And the toys themselves are even worse. It should be called “Woody And His Asshole Friends Spend 82 Minutes Out-Assholing Each Other”
  • “Up is so moving! How is it so low!” No, the first few minutes of Up are moving. The movie slides steadily downhill from there, to a place (geriatric duelling?) not even Russell can save us from.

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
So I had a great idea for a band:
We make a boy band called "The Lovebirds", with their first album being a bunch of empty promises accompanied by vague ideas of what you'll "do" for them (or, if Bryan Adam's "Everything I Do" is an entire album). Complete with tours and everything. Maybe stick 'em on Nickelodeon for the kiddos.

Then, for their next album, we reinvent them as a metal band. They'd be like if Seek And Destroy looked at Heaven and Hell and wanted to make an album like it; right down to the cosmetics.

It'd be brilliant.
I love it, when do we start? We should try and practice on British accents, and grow out our hair to escalate sales.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Cartoon Network has just renewed Uncle Grandpa, Adventure Time, Clarence, Steven Universe and Regular Show. Which is fine by me.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I don't really have high expectations for mighty no 9 since its gameplay is just a tad slow for my tastes (although not as slow as Gunvolt, thank goodness). I don't really like having to do extra stuff to kill enemies, I just want to shoot them and watch them explode. But we can't really have another megaman game cause Capcom crapped on it, so :ohwell:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I love it, when do we start? We should try and practice on British accents, and but grow out our hair to escalate sales.
Well first we need members. Preferably "cute" looking teenagers who are single. They're the most marketable.

Last edited:

Soul.

Notes from article:
  • Have you seen the original Toy Story recently? That movie is terrible. And the toys themselves are even worse. It should be called “Woody And His ******* Friends Spend 82 Minutes Out-Assholing Each Other”
  • “Up is so moving! How is it so low!” No, the first few minutes of Up are moving. The movie slides steadily downhill from there, to a place (geriatric duelling?) not even Russell can save us from.
Stopped reading.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Cartoon Network has just renewed Uncle Grandpa, Adventure Time, Clarence, Steven Universe and Regular Show. Which is fine by me.
Clarence, I genuinely like.
Uncle Grandpa is a guilty pleasure.
Steven Universe, I've been meaning to get into.

But I think Adventure Time and Regular Show have had their day in the sun.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Notes from article:
  • Have you seen the original Toy Story recently? That movie is terrible. And the toys themselves are even worse. It should be called “Woody And His ******* Friends Spend 82 Minutes Out-Assholing Each Other”
The problem is that you were expecting anything good from Kotaku.

_gold_

Smash Master
Well first we need members. Preferably "cute" looking teenagers who are single. They're the most marketable.
Sure, that works. And then for the second album, we inject them with steroids, and beard implants. Oh, and plenty of tats.
I see the future, and it is bright.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I don't really have high expectations for mighty no 9 since its gameplay is just a tad slow for my tastes (although not as slow as Gunvolt, thank goodness). I don't really like having to do extra stuff to kill enemies, I just want to shoot them and watch them explode. But we can't really have another megaman game cause Capcom crapped on it, so :ohwell:
I just realized I said "really" 3 times in a row.:facepalm:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, basically everything they have used for last year or two, barring that Gumball show and Teen Titans Go.

The only one I watch much is Regular Show, which should thankfully move away from the Romance stuff for a while. It works better as Bill and Ted styled comedy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom