• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trick or Treat

No. I'm a Swiss.Technally a French. But i will be in the futur a really Swiss. So....yeah.

But...but...I don't know.... i'm only a mid skill player. Should i still do it?
You should totally do it!

how'd it gooo?
Well I didn't get a single kill with Peach...if that is any indication.

Edit: Hah...not sure why I am using the term "kill" for this...

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I just read the last page, and I have no idea what's even happening here.\

How are you guys this afternoon?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So the only way to get Zero's [adopted] daughter is to marry him to a female in Nohr?

That kinda sucks but in the end eugenics > marrying favorite units.
"

Fire Emblem is all about creating these super soldiers chillins aren't they? Well, the two recent ones anyway. "If you can't make these states shine, get out of my face." - Robin probably.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Well I didn't get a single kill with Peach...if that is any indication.

Edit: Hah...not sure why I am using the term "kill" for this...
well, mao's probably hard to fight, so i wouldnt worry about it :4pacman:.
do you wanna practice some or something?

T

Trick or Treat

I can't at the moment. My brother is using the Wii U.

Maybe in a little bit? I would really like that. (:

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

lol are there only three streetpass units. One of them is a glass cannon smh. I didn't need another Smash Mewtwo.
Random online looks like it will be dumb. Friend online pls

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
well for laptops, I did used to have one for like 3 years and basically, it;s fine except for one thing: I only used it like a desktop pc.

going to spioiler because it';s a bit long:

After some time, the power port broke, which was fine because it was inside a waranty, but 2 years later, it happened again with the warranty having expired. Pc laptops actually shares this problem (source: I talked with a computer science teacher that has a phd), but apple were smart and uses a magnetic port. Essentially, it;s hard to break it, a lot harder.

But the main difference between a pc and mac is how they expect you to use it. A PC laptop, you;re kinda free, not as free as having linux (which you can do, but let;s just stick to Windows), but you are kinda free. The one thing is that from seeing how it happens, mac are USUALLY more durable. It;s mostly because of the construction material, but mac has some drawbacks too.

They REALLY want you to use it the way they want to. You have osx, but you can install another os like windows except it's honestly becoming complicated and you actually have to pay the license. osx tbh, is quite solid, it just doesn't let you do stuff as you would like Windows. It;s just kinda proprietary meaning if you like it, you'll love it,. but you;ll hate it if you just don;t like the way it works. The OS works kinda different than windows so, it might be a good idea to check the differences between both operating system.

The mac also costs higher, but do remember that it;s a trade off with durability, you get what you pay for essentially, it's just that for a pc with the same specs, you can save a lot of money if the durability isn't a priority ior you just think you can take care of your stuff.

As fro distinguishing bad pc and good one.....urgh, it really depends what you paln to do with it. A 1000$ pc for just using internet is clearly overkilled, but for playing demanding games, it might be a good option. it's basically if you plan to do a lot of multitasking, you might want to direct your attention on the RAM. I feel these days, 4GB feels the minimum, I used to have 6GB, but I noticed problem if I was tryign to run dolphin emulator and minecraft and chrome, and skype and.....yeah, you get the idea. More RAM gives more resources to take fro the system for that so now, I have 8GB and it;s really rare now that I used it all, but it's enough to do the msot demanding stuff I want when I need them.

For the hard drive space, really depends on yourself. If you want to store a lot of hd movies, you might want a lot of space, but if it's just simple stuff like photos or small games, you might not want to have too much. i had a 540GB hard drive for 3 years and it just was more than enough, now I have 840GB and it;s even more overkill, but I got another hardrive for like almost free (fun story).

Now for the graphics card, let me make it simple, if you care about demanding game, you might care about it, but personally, I don;t have much experience with graphics card, you might want to check online. If you don;t care, you might want an integrated one, it's basically a video card integrated on your processor. it does most of the job, but if you need really demanding game, you might want a pc that has a dedicated card for more performace, but it also might consume more power....basically, if you jsut paln to use internet, go for just the one integrated and no dedicated solution, it would be fine.

And the processor. This one.....it;s quite important. it;s the most expensive parts of any pc so in a laptop, it;s logicall that it might influence the price a lot. Basically, intel makes it a bit simpler for you, there;s i3, i5 and i7. idk how AMD one works, but from what I read, you might want to go with AMD if you want good gaming solution, I suggest to do research, but intel shoudl get you covered on msot stuff.

As for the number, it's quite simple, i7 is the best you can have for a given architecture, pick it if you want to have really good multicore performance, but form what I read, it won;t really benefit much gaming. Other application that uses more the processor like photoshop or rendering with premiere might benefit from it. i5 is basically the middle ground, it's more a sweet spot if you want and the i3 is really basic, but if you aim for just using internet.....it mgiht be a good option as you may have guessed, it';s cheaper. The other thing you migth care about the processor.....honestly, the speed, perforamance and the numbers of cores. Don;t think a cpu faster than another is better, it;s more complex so I suggest you do a bit of research, but the number of cores matters. Basically, the more you have, the more you can have multitasking, 2 cores seems today good, but 4 might help in some tasks.

And the last things is basically the phisicial stuff, the ports it has, the screen and resolution, etc....these are quite simple to figure out, the screen is simple, check the lenght and resolution.

that;s basically how I would start this, a pc can be available in a wide variety of config while mac are slightly more limited, it;s jsut mroe proprietairy. just make sure to check what you';re buying and the price. it';s like hard because it depends on what you need to do with it.

Any questions?
Alright, so intel works with editing and such, right? Then I'd probably like one with higher of that then, since I'd probably be editing a lot for Youtube reasons.Pretty much all I'm going to use it for is internet, editing, and Skype.

I was at the gym this morning, so I'm all right I guess.

(Inb4 she doesn't recognize me)
Of course I remember you, CliftJumper. I had to look on your profile though, since you changed your name. :laugh:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
SHHHHHHtttt. Don't say that! Please! I'm really not that great i swear!
tumblr_lpvw2dcYfJ1r1sijio1_400.gif

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
The next times i get pranked, I'm busting out college Phoenix as my avi. Just fyi.

I just read the last page, and I have no idea what's even happening here.\

How are you guys this afternoon?
Doing good. Just enjoying the fireworks and waiting for the bloodbath to begin.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Added a bunch of people from this thread on Wii U! :D

Anyone want a quick battle? How about you, Mao?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A-ah..well rain check, then?
I could fight you after if Mao doesn't want to, haha. More the merrier! Especially since I haven't faced a lot of folks here, haha. :p

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
The next times i get pranked, I'm busting out college Phoenix as my avi. Just fyi.

Doing good. Just enjoying the fireworks and waiting for the bloodbath to begin.
I'm waiting for the day I get prank'd. There's a picture I've been meaning to use for some time now...

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
lol are there only three streetpass units. One of them is a glass cannon smh. I didn't need another Smash Mewtwo.
Random online looks like it will be dumb. Friend online pls
The user didn't fully analyze all of them.

Every playable unit in Awakening, for example, have different levels of viability in Streetpass; the 2nd Gen have a higher viability due to their access to more classes, skills, and higher stats. Some classes and skill combinations allow for a higher advantage of making your units harder to kill. Take for example an assassin using a bow with the skills Vantage, Vengeance, Counter, Miracle, and Lethality. The assassin poses as a threat since it forces the opponent to attack from 2 spaces but has the ability to survive enemy OHKOs with Miracle (leaves user with 1 HP if suffering fatal hit). Vantage allows him to attack first in the player phase due to his lower HP and Vengeance takes half the damage accumulated by the user from the attack and adds it onto the assassin's initial attack strength.

TL;DR Limit Breaker, Grinding, and 2nd Gen break Awakening wide open.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

YES YES!! I don't know if your a pro or not. But at least i have a john if i lose! YEAH I KNOW THAT NOJOHN BUT STILL! Also what are the rules?

T

Trick or Treat

The thing is...I don't know how long it will be. It could be an hour or many hours. But if you are still free when that time comes, I would love to battle you!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Alright, so intel works with editing and such, right? Then I'd probably like one with higher of that then, since I'd probably be editing a lot for Youtube reasons.Pretty much all I'm going to use it for is internet, editing, and Skype.

Of course I remember you, CliftJumper. I had to look on your profile though, since you changed your name. :laugh:
yeah....intel might actually be better.

now tbh, I don;t have much experience with editing, but from what I know, you should have a decent cpu and not go cheap. idk if i5 would be enough, but what I do know is that I THINK i7 gives good improvement for the price for that use.

The graphics card tbh, with the current generation of cpu, they should be fine with the integrated one.

Ram.....I would do research. I'm not sure if editing might benefit for more ram, I think it might since you do queue footages on it.

Hardrive.....well that;s you but it does sound like you don;t want to cheap out on it for editing videos.

Btw, I forgot to mention this, but there;s also another way to store mass data which are SSD. It;s like an hard drive, but no moving parts. This gives a MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCHHHHH faster speed, seriously, it;s a big changes, BUT, they cost much more per GB. A common solution i see is having a small SSD having the OS on it and having a hard drive for your data, this makes the OS really fast and even improves boot time a lot, but your data has much higher capacity despite being slower. however....tbh, i am fine with hard drive now....the choices is yours.

that;s pretty much all I know :)

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
When I was browsing pixiv it never once occurred to me that I was searching a Japanese website for pictures of the American flag lol.
39116751_p0.jpg

My first Awakening playthrough was on normal, and as soon as I got Prince Marth and King Marth the game was broken.
Probably should start a new playthrough on lunatic.

Soul.

The user didn't fully analyze all of them.

Every playable unit in Awakening, for example, have different levels of viability in Streetpass; the 2nd Gen have a higher viability due to their access to more classes, skills, and higher stats. Some classes and skill combinations allow for a higher advantage of making your units harder to kill. Take for example an assassin using a bow with the skills Vantage, Vengeance, Counter, Miracle, and Lethality. The assassin poses as a threat since it forces the opponent to attack from 2 spaces but has the ability to survive enemy OHKOs with Miracle (leaves user with 1 HP if suffering fatal hit). Vantage allows him to attack first in the player phase due to his lower HP and Vengeance takes half the damage accumulated by the user from the attack and adds it onto the assassin's initial attack strength.

TL;DR Limit Breaker, Grinding, and 2nd Gen break Awakening wide open.
I really need a wiki to know all this **** lol.
Is the 2nd Gen... well, children? Or am I missing something.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
YES YES!! I don't know if your a pro or not. But at least i have a john if i lose! YEAH I KNOW THAT NOJOHN BUT STILL! Also what are the rules?
I'm somewhere between "not terrible" and "okay" haha. Either way, far from a pro. :p

8 minutes, 3 stock sound good?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I really need a wiki to know all this **** lol.
Is the 2nd Gen... well, children? Or am I missing something.
  1. Serenes Forest and FE Wiki are my go-to places
  2. Yes, 2nd Gen are the children
  3. BUY AWAKENING! :4robinm:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I'm somewhere between "not terrible" and "okay" haha. Either way, far from a pro. :p

8 minutes, 3 stock sound good?
You might not be a pro, but you're the most skilled marsupial I know of.

How do you manage without thumbs?

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Oh, a rain check basically means postponing it, in this situation. Since, if you have to leave soon, it might not work out.
ooooh yeah, oops.
i dont know how i forgot what rain check meant ;_;
sure, we can try later though. i dont minddd.
i'll start writing until about the time i leave though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom