• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't know. :troll:
You should've been wise and picked an one-liner username like mine!
Well "wise" don't mix well with "drunk". Little life lesson right there kids. :younglinkmelee:

If I ever get the chance, I'm definitely grabbing premium again and correcting this mistake, I can promise you that.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I dunno if you guys know already, but some guy in Hong Kong has a shipment of both versions of Fire Emblem Fates already.

D

Deleted member

I've stated this several times already, and I'll say it again: I won't change my username even if I get a Premium membership. Here are some reasons as to why:
1. Simplicity. I've been trying to use the "simpler" Flight name in almost all websites I go to, lately. Who doesn't like simplicity?
2. Luck. Using this username turned be some kind of good luck. Had it been unavailable, I'd have went for "FlightShift" instead, and it wouldn't really be the same.
3. Awareness. Everyone can easily remember this username. You wouldn't like to remember something that's 50 letters long (an exaggeration).

Besides, I have no other usernames to choose from, so "Flight" it is.

I just feel my name is kind of lame. I would like something a little bit better. But oh well. I have always been bad at names.
I've been awful when it comes to usernames as well. Like, "RainingFlight", for example.
sparkboltx!
FlightDarkFantasy!
SwordFlightRush!
DarkSoulBolt!
LightningSerperior!
GFXDarkBoss!

Just to name a few.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Trick or Treat

Supposedly we are getting really bad storms today...so I am excited.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I formed my online name ages ago when I dreamt about making art for a living. It's nothing deep, as I just formed it from my initials, but it's stuck with me. I use it for every online account I make, so I don't have to keep a list of random usernames. Plus it sounds clean and professional.

Anyway, :4ganondorf: is being shipped to me now, and :4zss: is pending. No word on my :4olimar: amiibo yet, for some reason.

Soul.

My username is a simple "Soul". Though honestly I've been using this name because SoulSilver is a thing.
also lol amiibo Sonic characters. More scalping.

T

Trick or Treat

Not sure what to think of this.

I also don't think they would just use the Mario characters and 1 Sonic. So I feel as though they would use both series' characters, or just use Mario and Sonic on their own.

More importantly, this could mean Daisy and Waluigi amiibos!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I've stated this several times already, and I'll say it again: I won't change my username even if I get a Premium membership. Here are some reasons as to why:
1. Simplicity. I've been trying to use the "simpler" Flight name in almost all websites I go to, lately. Who doesn't like simplicity?
2. Luck. Using this username turned be some kind of good luck. Had it been unavailable, I'd have went for "FlightShift" instead, and it wouldn't really be the same.
3. Awareness. Everyone can easily remember this username. You wouldn't like to remember something that's 50 letters long (an exaggeration).

Besides, I have no other usernames to choose from, so "Flight" it is.

Just to name a few.
Yeah i really like your username. It's simple and effective in my opinion. For me, the idea of my username come from what i remember. Of the princpale character of Disgaea 3 who is called "Mao". And the 644 come just like that. Not the best history of a username in my opinion.:4lucina:

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Not sure what to think of this.

I was fine with amiibos at first but now it's getting way out of hand. I don't want amiibos to be used for every nintendo game. They're already hard to get, I rather they make DLC so I don't have to search for these amiibos to get to play the content.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also i'm planning to use my character to do some stupid thing on the Miiverse stage. So if you see this guy when fighting on it:

You know it's me.:4lucario: (By the way he is called Sulesse.)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I was fine with amiibos at first but now it's getting way out of hand. I don't want amiibos to be used for every nintendo game. They're already hard to get, I rather they make DLC so I don't have to search for these amiibos to get to play the content.
I would hope that they cool that amiibo stuff down too. But it is making them money, so they'll only stop when people are tired of it, I guess.

Anyways, I wonder what will become of that Smash DLC character ballot. It obviously won't be relevant for a while though. If I had to guess, one or two characters who score highly on the list might be added to this game to finish off the DLC characters. While anyone else would just be considered for the next Smash game.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Since this is the general discussion, I figured I would share with you the latest translation from Source Gaming. Sakurai recalls a particularly painful memory from when he played a fighting game. I think it clearly explains why he designed Smash the way he did.
Sakurai: Yes, I think so. That’s why I constantly think about ways in which I can make a game that isn’t beholden to the concept of winning and losing. Because games that are like climbing mountains are painful, aren’t they?

Because games that are like climbing mountains are painful, aren’t they?

DID YOU JUST

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Sakurai: Yes, I think so. That’s why I constantly think about ways in which I can make a game that isn’t beholden to the concept of winning and losing. Because games that are like climbing mountains are painful, aren’t they?

DID YOU JUST
Please don't read into that. For all we know, he could've had Sylvester Stallone's Cliffhanger on his mind when he said that.

D

Deleted member

DID YOU JUST
Let's not talk about hardware limitations again. If it's all about those climbers, anyway.

T

Trick or Treat

DID YOU JUST
It's even more painful when we no longer have anyone to climb those mountains.

RIP Snake :'(

Soul.

DID YOU JUST
Oh I know, it hurts.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah i really like your username. It's simple and effective in my opinion. For me, the idea of my username come from what i remember. Of the princpale character of Disgaea 3 who is called "Mao". And the 644 come just like that. Not the best history of a username in my opinion.:4lucina:
When I think of Mao, well...

:troll:

:231:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I never really care about the Ice Climbers, so I'm not going to pretend like I always cared.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Talk about names again?
My username is based off my irl name initials + last name.

D

Deleted member

It's interesting to note that "Flight" contains two letters found in my real name. You've known about it since last Thursday, but I felt like giving a reminder of sorts.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Not really, even if that event didn't happen, Sakurai would still design Smash the way he did. He's all about including beginners, and allowing for a variety of playstyles. He calls it "Kirbyism" and you can see it in every game he's touched. He simplified the racing genre with Kirby's Air Ride, puzzle genre with Meteos, platforming with Kirby and fighting games with Smash.
Unless that was the event that made him think that way to begin with.

Usernames now? I used to use names like "Zero" or "HunterZero" but it's usually taken and I'm not using those god-awful numbers (Irony lol). So now I use a name from a favorite weapon of mine. Although I've been using something else lately, "AurumBow" doesn't have the same ring to it.

D

Deleted member

My username is stupid.
Freemium when :4pacman:
You're not alone. I want to get a free taste of Premium before I ever get it for real with my own money. But since I don't plan on changing my username, it's more about the other features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom