• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
If the core of his games isn't about running fast, why is he still called Sonic????
I said it wasn't about just running fast. Speed is obviously a big part of his game, a big part of of how he brought something new to the platforming genre, but he's still a platformer at his core.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
3D blast is my favorite sonic game
Me before getting flooded with dislikes.
Sorry, we don't have dislikes in this part of the internet. If you go over yonder, you can find a place called Youtube where there's a sufficient supply of dislikes available.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The day time gameplay of Unleashed is pretty darn good too.

Sorry, we don't have dislikes in this part of the internet. If you go over yonder, you can find a place called Youtube where there's a sufficient supply of dislikes available.
Sufficient? I'd say it's a lot more than just sufficient.

Soul.

I said it wasn't about just running fast. Speed is obviously a big part of his game, a big part of of how he brought something new to the platforming genre, but he's still a platformer at his core.
but the unleashed-esque games still had platforming. lol
it's true that sonic games are platformers, but it's worth saying that speed kinda matters.

D

Deleted member

Actually, Transformed is the fourth instalment. Before All-Stars Racing, there was SEGA Superstars (which revolved around minigames based on SEGA characters) and SEGA Superstars Tennis.
Following logic, yes, you're correct. But Transformed is still the direct sequel to the first All-Stars Racing.

MainJPW

M.T.A
but the unleashed-esque games still had platforming. lol
it's true that sonic games are platformers, but it's worth saying that speed kinda matters.
I guess I should've done a better job explaining what I meant. But (if you don't mind that is) I urge you to watch this section of ShayMay's overview of the Sonic franchise to better understand where I'm coming from:

This guy does an amazing job at capturing exactly the problems, the strengths, the elements of what makes a good Sonic what it is. You don't have to watch the whole thing right now, but it's a really good and in-depth overview of the series looking forward.

Soul.

there was this fan made sonic game that involved a scenario and select sonic sprites. lmao

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I think that, unlike other games, I'd rather not get spoiled until release, even if it is the very beginning.

But thanks anyway. :)
not much spoilers tbh, in fact, we lack so much info, it';s just safe to watch this.

The best we know of the plot is luigi knocks a book and paper world appears.

We don;t know anything of the book other than it looks like the SS one.

Seriously, you should watch it, it's like the trailer features mostly with details.

MainJPW

M.T.A
You guys are aware of good Sonic fangames, right? Visit Retro sometime, there's plenty.

This one comes with an OC but don't be fooled, the animations are so fluid.

This one's my most anticipated for SAGE.

This one's dedicated to Metal Sonic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You guys are aware of good Sonic fangames, right? Visit Retro sometime, there's plenty.

This one comes with an OC but don't be fooled, the animations are so fluid.

This one's my most anticipated for SAGE.

This one's dedicated to Metal Sonic.

All of them look good, but the second one gained my attention because it features the time elements introduced in Sonic CD...
& Knuckles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom