• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
To be honest, "For the First Time in Forever", "Do You Want to Build the Snowman", and "Frozen Heart" are the only good Frozen songs.

The opening is good too.
I like most of the songs in that movie. Even Fixer Upper (to be honest I laughed very hard during that song, more so than at any part in the film).

Although, there was a song from an older version of the movie that got cut in favor a reprise of "For the First Time in Forever". I kind of wish they had kept the old song in the movie, and maybe just a few other elements from that particular version of it's story.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
God dammit, now I'm on a Disney song marathon. Might as well post some of my favorites:

Soul.

im on a music marathon too, but you know, i'm afraid there might be rage.
im sad brb crying

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Speaking of cut songs, this one was from an older version of The Emperor's New Groove. Back then the movie was called "Kingdom of the Sun" and had a much more serious story and tone to it. Many characters didn't exist or were changed for the final version. Yzma herself was a more serious villain with an entirely different goal, and she even had her own song:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Speaking of cut songs, this one was from an older version of The Emperor's New Groove. Back then the movie was called "Kingdom of the Sun" and had a much more serious story and tone to it. Many characters didn't exist or were changed for the final version. Yzma herself was a more serious villain with an entirely different goal, and she even had her own song:

I'm glad Emperor's New Groove went with the less serious route but the song sounds fitting for Yzma.

I'm pretty sure every Disney nerd out there knows that "Making Today a Perfect Day" from Frozen Fever was inspired from the cut song "Life's too short".

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm glad Emperor's New Groove went with the less serious route but the song sounds fitting for Yzma.

I'm pretty sure every Disney nerd out there knows that "Making Today a Perfect Day" from Frozen Fever was inspired from the cut song "Life's too short".
I kinda wish some elements were kept in the film, as much of a comedic gold mine it was. The song for example would've been sweet with an animated sequence to go with it. I am glad they ended up going with the route that became the final film, though.

So Jupiter, Venus and the Moon are making a triangle in the sky....
I know you're probably mentioning this because Sailor Moon, but I have to say, I went outside a while ago just to see this.

A true beautiful sight of the night sky, it is. I even got to see them all up close thanks to my telescope.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I know you're probably mentioning this because Sailor Moon, but I have to say, I went outside a while ago just to see this.

A true beautiful sight of the night sky, it is. I even got to see them all up close thanks to my telescope.
Eh, I did a semester of astronomy, not that exciting to me anymore

Call me when Mars is super close to earth

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I wish I could see Inside Out, but no one wants to go with. My best friend wants to see it but she is going with her boyfriend.

And I don't have a way to get there on my own anyway.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I kinda wish some elements were kept in the film, as much of a comedic gold mine it was. The song for example would've been sweet with an animated sequence to go with it. I am glad they ended up going with the route that became the final film, though.

I tried to make a joke about that, but the ideas that came to my head had Yuri context so no

I saw the Traingle, but my crappy phone camera failed to capture it :c

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
You all should watch Inside Out, this is the best movie I seen in my life. Guarantee you will leave the theater positive after the movie is done.
Unless you are Cliff
I tried to make a joke about that, but the ideas that came to my head had Yuri context so no

I dont see anything. Its cloudy for me *shrugs*

But Sadly it isn't cloudy with a chance of meatballs

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I wish I could see Inside Out, but no one wants to go with. My best friend wants to see it but she is going with her boyfriend.

And I don't have a way to get there on my own anyway.
Talk about unlucky soul. Do you happen to know any rabid Pixar fans in your area?

Maybe you can talk you friend into seeing it with you.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Eh, I did a semester of astronomy, not that exciting to me anymore

Call me when Mars is super close to earth
Eh, I still love it. One of my favorite subjects. It's always amazing for me to see the planets in such detail from here.

I love learning about the planets themselves too, their orbits, what makes them up, the general science and geology of them.

Aw, that's unfortunate....

Is it still in your point of view?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Eh, I still love it. One of my favorite subjects. It's always amazing for me to see the planets in such detail from here.

I love learning about the planets themselves too, their orbits, what makes them up, the general science and geology of them.
I cant even see stars tonight anyway lol

T

Trick or Treat

Talk about unlucky soul. Do you happen to know any rabid Pixar fans in your area?

Maybe you can talk you friend into seeing it with you.
No one who woulf want to go with me. I don't have many friends, to begin with...and she is the only one who likes these movies. But I won't try to get in between her and her boyfriend. She also doesn't drive so it would be difficult anyway.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
No one who woulf want to go with me. I don't have many friends, to begin with...and she is the only one who likes these movies. But I won't try to get in between her and her boyfriend. She also doesn't drive so it would be difficult anyway.
Its not bad going alone. Going to the moves alone is just as fun

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I have finally escaped from the seas of hell. There's a ______ for everything. EVERYTHING. -_- Also, just so you guys know, Frozen is the most overrated Disney movie of all time, and it deserves a 5/10. (come at me you fanatics)

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
So I've thought it over, and the new Mad Max movie left me much, much more optimistic by the end than Tomorrowland did. Daaang.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Aw, that's unfortunate....

Is it still in your point of view?
Nope, also it's cloudy now :urg:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I have finally escaped from the seas of hell. There's a ______ for everything. EVERYTHING. -_- Also, just so you guys know, Frozen is the most overrated Disney movie of all time, and it deserves a 5/10. (come at me you fanatics)
To be fair, the film has some strong story elements that accounts for its high popularity. Elsa's (flawed) character was a stark contrast to previous female leads that were mostly optimistic. The film valued sisterly love over the traditional romantic love (even though Anna ended up with Kristoff in the end).

Overrated? Sure. It has many flaws.
Average? Debatable. It comes down to the viewer to decide.
Bad? I've seen worse.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
To be fair, the film has some strong story elements that accounts for its high popularity. Elsa's (flawed) character was a stark contrast to previous female leads that were mostly optimistic. The film valued sisterly love over the traditional romantic love (even though Anna ended up with Kristoff in the end).

Overrated? Sure. It has many flaws.
Average? Debatable. It comes down to the viewer to decide.
Bad? I've seen worse.
To me at least, I didn't think the movie was all that good, but it was a very important movie. The fact that Disney is finally deconstructing themselves in a high-profile movie is an interesting way to gauge people's thoughts on these stories.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
  • Pocahontas II
  • Cars 2
  • Brave
  • Chicken Little
  • Dinosaur
  • Cinderella II & III
  • Home on the Ranger (most preferred film out of the rest)
  • The Little Mermaid II
  • Planes
  • Planes: Fire & Rescue
Barring Disney channel films because it would take too long. I lumped in Pixar just because.

Last edited:

Grass

Smash Lord
  • Pocahontas II
  • Cars 2
  • Brave
  • Chicken Little
  • Dinosaur
  • Cinderella II & III
  • Home on the Ranger (most preferred film out of the rest)
  • The Little Mermaid II
Eh, imo chicken little wasn't that bad. Dinosaur just reminded me of Ice Age with a scrub tier cast. I've yet to see Brave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom