• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
This is one of the only times you'll hear me make this complaint, because I hate all the unnecessary obsession with graphics and frame rate nowadays - graphics don't make the game - but Star Fox does look underwhelming graphically, even from a Nintendo standpoint. It looks last gen... and SF is one series where good graphics really do enhance the experience - especially because it is usually light on content compared to some other series. Nintendo themselves in this very Direct commented on how Star Fox was a more "cinematic" series than most of Nintendo's.

But combined with the lack of online multiplayer... the single-player better be damn good to justify all these weaker areas. But like I said, SF single-player has never been the most meaty in the first place... so... I am kind of worried.

Maybe the graphics will look a little better by the next time the game is shown...
Well, it's still in development. The finished product maybe will look better.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This is one of the only times you'll hear me make this complaint, because I hate all the unnecessary obsession with graphics and frame rate nowadays - graphics don't make the game - but Star Fox does look underwhelming graphically, even from a Nintendo standpoint. It looks last gen... and SF is one series where good graphics really do enhance the experience - especially because it is usually light on content compared to some other series. Nintendo themselves in this very Direct commented on how Star Fox was a more "cinematic" series than most of Nintendo's.

But combined with the lack of online multiplayer... the single-player better be damn good to justify all these weaker areas. But like I said, SF single-player has never been the most meaty in the first place... so... I am kind of worried.

Maybe the graphics will look a little better by the next time the game is shown...
keep in mind it is being streamed. Of course its going to look crappy compare to face to face

And its not even done yet

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
There's too many freaking police officers stopping cars and giving tickets for no good reason.. I don't want to use my car anymore

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I know, but I want to see how they look like in HD.
And there was Katt.

'Leave it to me!' A-alfonzo?
When Star Fox gets a new game, Alfonso is in charge of being lost to obscurity for a decade!
Alfonso: Leave it to me!
*Rides the Blue Falcon into the sunset*

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, it's still in development. The finished product maybe will look better.
That's my hope. But it doesn't release like a year from now, the release is this holiday...

keep in mind it is being streamed. Of course its going to look crappy compare to face to face

And its not even done yet
I didn't watch much of the Treehouse stream, I'm talking about the actual trailer.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wouldn't worry too much. I think they just wanted to show it off by today. I'm sure that it'll be a bit more polished come release.

I hope. :p

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Steam disconection... Any way @ Bedoop Bedoop I cant play much because I only have a laptop and it is really laggy.

Soul.

So people on Twitter are saying stuff about Nintendo, and apparently it's trending.
IGN says Star Fox: Zero isn't impressive, yet someone working there (Otero, I think?) tried the game out and said the game was great.
lol IGN, you're becoming the next Kotaku.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Imagine if right after Zelda: Wand of Gamelon came out there was a large hiatus for the series and then we get Four Swords instead of something mainstream like TP or ALBW. Had it came out any time before OM (or after a proper sequel) people wouldn't of complained, or if the game had no/little connection to Metroid people wouldn't see it as "They made a ****ing spin-off instead of a real sequel!?"
naw its like if they made wand of gameleon and went straight to link's crossbow training, without link in it.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

They're okay. Definitely not last gen by any means, but they're not impressive either. Just needs some better textures IMO.

And I can't believe this many people care about the cheesy multiplayer modes in otherwise single player games...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Now why on earth are they doing that?

By the sounds of it, walking will also get you a ticket
Because the cops are trash again, and yeah, they can fine or people for walking (like crossing a street during a green light, or for not using a pedestrian bridge)

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
They're okay. Definitely not last gen by any means, but they're not impressive either. Just needs some better textures IMO.

And I can't believe this many people care about the cheesy multiplayer modes in otherwise single player games...
Nowadays, people believe online multiplayer has to be in everything.

Can you imagine forcing multiplayer into something like Legend of Zelda, or Portal?

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Ok, seriously.
EVERY person who EVER gets backthrown by Roy does the EXACT SAME THING.
Jump in the direction of Roy.
Jump, upair, jump, upair.
Every single time.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Jesus Christ, most of the Event trailers have a great number of dislikes on YT, specially Metroid and Animal Crossing.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Nowadays, people believe online multiplayer has to be in everything.

Can you imagine forcing multiplayer into something like Legend of Zelda, or Portal?
But didn't Portal do multiplayer well? Like, well-designed multiplayer is great. Spin-offs designed for multiplayer work well (when you're not trying to pass it off as a big new installment). Shallow stuff like SF64 or LMDM's shouldn't even exist. Inverse is true for primarily multiplayer games. You don't need giant campaigns in Mario Party or Splatoon for it to be good, they should be putting their effort where the main focus is, multiplayer or single.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
But didn't Portal do multiplayer well? Like, well-designed multiplayer is great. Spin-offs designed for multiplayer work well (when you're not trying to pass it off as a big new installment). Shallow stuff like SF64 or LMDM's shouldn't even exist. Inverse is true for primarily multiplayer games. You don't need giant campaigns in Mario Party or Splatoon for it to be good, they should be putting their effort where the main focus is, multiplayer or single.
I'm talking more about Versus Multiplayer, not Co-op.
^ ^ ^

Soul.

So how much do you wanna bet people will stop being salty at Nintendo for what they did this year.

D

Deleted member

lmao
"Ryu top tier?"
"He's up there"
I mean he's probably gonna be high-tier at least once the new character dust settles. He's a combo fiend (most of those combos are also true combos as well), he's got a myriad of kill moves (two of which, Shoryuken and input Shoryuken, can be true combo'd into), most everything comes out fast, Hadouken is a decent projectile that has 3 versions and can be sped up or slowed down, and he's got a crumple with a point of super armor that can be cancelled during charge-up and on hit. I think the only lackluster things about him are his difficulty dealing with projectiles, his linear recovery (though it can be improved thanks to his air FADC), and his short range (though that's certainly not stopping Mario). He's probably going to be making a lot of noise in the meta later on, same goes for Roy.
Not Lucas though.
Lucas is a disappointment.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I'm not really upset about Nintendo's performance this year, it's just that i was super hyped. Last year I about died because of how epic it was. This year, there was just high expectations and couldn't sleep last night because of the hype. Nintendo E3 is like Christmas as a kid. The event today is like when your best Christmas gift was like socks, but a am confident next year Nintendo's Digital Event will be freaking AMAZING! :dazwa:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I wouldn't worry about it. If by the looks of it The games taking place before the events of Adventures, it's no big deal at all.
Unless I'm missing something, the game probably takes place before Starfox Adventures.

Edit:ninjaed by Cliffjumper
That's official? Cool, cool.

And Miiverse is angry too:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom