• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
This looks already more fun than the Giant Battles, which had some control problems. Or in Zeekeeper's case, a glitch.
Zeekeeper X in Boss Rush made me want to throw my 3DS to the street

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
eyyyy I see Yoshiller2 down there playing some Star Fox Zero

Das pretty cool to see :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

Sleept through the Nintendo direct and square enix conference. -_- But I'm all caught up now!

Highlight for me was the new Zelda! 4 swords is one of favorite games ever, and almost all my friends have 3DSs so yay! And I get to play dress up! :D But people don't seem to excited for that game... :( I'm actually more interested in that than Zelda Wii U, since I love four swords but don't at all like games like elder scrolls or fallout that Zelda Wii U seems to be based on (though I'll still give Zelda Wii U a chance).

Pumped for HK III too!...but I've been pumped for that for like 10 years so...

Not quite understanding a lot of the hate the new Metroid is getting.
"No :4samus:"
"No story"
"No real, hardcore gameplay"

I'll never get to understand the Metroid fanbase.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I still don't get that people had problems with that boss.
The vanilla version had a glitch where the game didn't register your movement, making it difficult to beat Zeekeeper's flying part. Pretty sure that was fixed in 1.0.1.

Wait, what's going on? I don't have the stream page anymore.

----
They're currently playing Ryu and explaining his moveset.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I still don't get that people had problems with that boss.
Theres a glitch which causes your 3DS's gyro controls stop working during the portal sections, making you a sitting duck.
Same happens in the final part of the Bowser fight, but less frequently.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If something interesting happens plz tag me, Im starting to feel they'll drop a surprise at the Treehouse event

*angrily searches on eBay*

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ok guys, please try to not tag me today, I have a herck lot to manage now, liek I;m posting everywhere and this is mostly because I have too much to tell everywhere

So, let me just get what ahppened.

I saw the ENTIRE footage of paper jam at the show floor.

I have freaking too much to tell but the point is I recorded the video (no audio though) and I can tell you one thing, I might not buy this game, but it;s freakign awesoem what it implies.....

I will TRY to [post the fully full story ont he paper mario thread, but guys, this is like heck buzy for me.....

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Theres a glitch which causes your 3DS's gyro controls stop working during the portal sections, making you a sitting duck.
Same happens in the final part of the Bowser fight, but less frequently.
Huh. Never happened to me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, also, for those interested, Disney Infinity revealed the Boba Fett figure yesterday at Sony's conference. Timed exclusive, but will be available everywhere after the holidays. :D

They'll be showing more stuff I believe tomorrow. Hoping the Baloo rumor's true.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Yeah nintendos e3 digital event was alright nothing special i guess the real winner of e3 this year is playstation welp back to stuffing the ballot also anyone know a good person who can make a smash ballot voting thing for tetra?

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Possible you can tell me how?
My brother has Gmod, and he does not use it.
Also. I think today was the worst on Smashboards. I am glad all of these people we don't know are going away. Less trouble.
So, I got an infraction. Does the bad points given expire?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
After getting off work, watch the Digital Event, read all comments I missed on SmashBoards, and now I'm ready to post my Nintendo impressions:

- Stair Fax did not disappoint. 64 style gameplay, SF2's scrapped walker transformation returns, perty grafx. EPIC
- Zelda: Tri Force Heroes is a pretty cool spin on the Four Swords series (and I guess Zelda Wii U is no longer Zelda XVIII but rather Zelda XIX). I've played every other Zelda game so ignoring this won't happen.
- Like many said, too much stuff we already knew and too much amiibo spotlight.
- SMTxFE was just way too painful to sit through.
- For the Metroid game: I think people acting too quickly on it. What I saw felt more like a teaser than a big reveal trailer. I just don't think we know everything yet.
- Still not sure on picking up Hyrule Warriors Legends unless they give more reasons why I should
- Still want Super Mario Maker, Yoshi's Wooly World, and slowly considering Xenoblade X (still need to beat the original Xenoblade)
- Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam was hands down the best thing I saw from the show. I was losing my mind and screaming with excitement. I WANT IT NOW (but that 2016 date...)
- The show should not have ended with too much Mario 30th

It could have been better not the worst Nintendo has dished out (Wii Music E3). But also remember that Smash DLC, World Championships, & Mother 1 were considered part of Nintendo E3's. And E3 isn't over yet.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Yeah nintendos e3 digital event was alright nothing special i guess the real winner of e3 this year is playstation welp back to stuffing the ballot also anyone know a good person who can make a smash ballot voting thing for tetra?
I know this doesn't answer your question, but please use full stops. When I see comments like these I feel like I'm reading the life and times of Speedy Gonzales. It drives me mad.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Possible you can tell me how?
My brother has Gmod, and he does not use it.
Also. I think today was the worst on Smashboards. I am glad all of these people we don't know are going away. Less trouble.
So, I got an infraction. Does the bad points given expire?
1) Yes, the points expire
2) If you aren't giving that to anyone in particular, can I have that GMod? :4pacman:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I hope they show Team Star Wolf. And there's that camera game from last E3.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
"No :4samus:"
"No story"
"No real, hardcore gameplay"

I'll never get to understand the Metroid fanbase.
Imagine if right after Zelda: Wand of Gamelon came out there was a large hiatus for the series and then we get Four Swords instead of something mainstream like TP or ALBW. Had it came out any time before OM (or after a proper sequel) people wouldn't of complained, or if the game had no/little connection to Metroid people wouldn't see it as "They made a ****ing spin-off instead of a real sequel!?"

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Imagine if right after Zelda: Wand of Gamelon came out there was a large hiatus for the series and then we get Four Swords instead of something mainstream like TP or ALBW. Had it came out any time before OM (or after a proper sequel) people wouldn't of complained, or if the game had no/little connection to Metroid people wouldn't see it as "They made a ****ing spin-off instead of a real sequel!?"
It's test you see they're testing us!

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
So DK and Bowser are gonna be Skylanders now. Well, I wasn't planning on buying any more Skylanders other than Spyro, but it looks like I'll be getting two more. :grin:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is one of the only times you'll hear me make this complaint, because I hate all the unnecessary obsession with graphics and frame rate nowadays - graphics don't make the game - but Star Fox does look underwhelming graphically, even from a Nintendo standpoint. It looks last gen... and SF is one series where good graphics really do enhance the experience - especially because it is usually light on content compared to some other series. Nintendo themselves in this very Direct commented on how Star Fox was a more "cinematic" series than most of Nintendo's.

But combined with the lack of online multiplayer... the single-player better be damn good to justify all these weaker areas. But like I said, SF single-player has never been the most meaty in the first place... so... I am kind of worried.

Maybe the graphics will look a little better by the next time the game is shown...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom