• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The SMTxFE song lyrics are quite the contrast to the song's cheerfulness.

Though I think it is intentional to transmit a "things are not what they seem" sort of message.

I think the game itself seemed cheerful at first, but I'd guess it's just a farce as well.

I've seen anime that seemed lighthearted for the first few episodes, with comedy and gags, but after a turn of events, things get more serious. FMA Brotherhood, Durarara!! and Soul Eater come to mind.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
The SMTxFE song lyrics are quite the contrast to the song's cheerfulness.

Though I think it is intentional to transmit a "things are not what they seem" sort of message.

I think the game itself seemed cheerful at first, but I'd guess it's just a farce as well.

I've seen anime that seemed lighthearted for the first few episodes, with comedy and gags, but after a turn of events, things get more serious. FMA Brotherhood, Durarara!! and Soul Eater come to mind.
Man, I envy people of Japan, they probably experienced different emotions during the trailer since they understood the lyrics. They REALLY should have subtitled it for the english Direct. Now, we have bunch of people complaining how much "gay animu" it is, but then again, I saw people expecting grim dark Berserk style stuff from this, so these people would be whining either way. PFFFFF I say.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I
I heard about that. I'm surprised that the patch didn't remove the glitch. I don't own Majora's Mask 3D at the moment, so it might be a while before I try it.
I'm not really surprised. Ocarina of Time 3D kept a lot of glitches in on purpose for the sake of fun, so I'm guessing the same thought went into MM3D.

D

Deleted member

I'm not really surprised. Ocarina of Time 3D kept a lot of glitches in on purpose for the sake of fun, so I'm guessing the same thought went into MM3D.
Thanks for reminding me of that. I guess I'm just used to Sakurai removing glitches and exploits regardless of how positively the Smash community receives them.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Man, I envy people of Japan, they probably experienced different emotions during the trailer since they understood the lyrics. They REALLY should have subtitled it for the english Direct. Now, we have bunch of people complaining how much "gay animu" it is, but then again, I saw people expecting grim dark Berserk style stuff from this, so these people would be whining either way. PFFFFF I say.
As I said, I think the game's colorful visuals and cheery sounding song are going to throw people off.

Again, I've watched anime and read manga that pulled stunts like that.

The manga Soul Eater is a prime example. The first three or four chapters have comedy, light action and some fanservice. Fast forward towards the part when the main villain shows up and you have surreal horror and the story getting serious. Things get weirder and darker as the story progresses with some messed up **** happening all over.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I finished watching Toriko yesterday. I especially loved the crossover with Dragon Ball Z and One Piece.
Kinda disappointed with Zebra's, Zoro's and Vegeta's fight though...

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I missed Level-5's event, mainly because I was asleep. Hoped for a new Layton game, didn't happen. Yokai Watch 3 and their new cross media franchise were announced. Lame.
Edit: as was Fantasy Life 2- as a mobile only game.:crying:

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So on the Smash Bros. website, it says there will be 'gender specific' Mii costumes... but at the moment, they're all unisex, including Dunban.

I'm assuming that means we'll eventually get female character costumes (Peach/Zelda/Amy Rose/BAYONAISE), but Nintendo wont allow for little, crossdressing boys. Girls are fine to dress like men, because they're 'tomboys'. Gender truly is a ridiculous thing.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So on the Smash Bros. website, it says there will be 'gender specific' Mii costumes... but at the moment, they're all unisex, including Dunban.

I'm assuming that means we'll eventually get female character costumes (Peach/Zelda/Amy Rose/BAYONAISE), but Nintendo wont allow for little, crossdressing boys. Girls are fine to dress like men, because they're 'tomboys'. Gender truly is a ridiculous thing.
Considering Peach, Zelda and Daisy's hairstyles are available for all genders, it's too late for that.

Also, Animal Crossing New Leaf allowed for cross-dressing, so why wouldn't Smash 4? :)

Anyway, 'sup thread?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Clearly the next cross-over is gonna be Fire Emblem X Berserk.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Could be possible that the Protoman and Mega Man X costume are exclusive to male Miis. I don't think we've images where females wear their suits. But it could be nearly un-noticed if the armor remains the same for the both of them.

So yeah, I guess that we can expect girls to dress up like Peach, Daisy, Zelda and the like. Who knows, maybe even Pokemon Trainers can get costumes too.

EDIT: Double Post. My mistake.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Could be possible that the Protoman and Mega Man X costume are exclusive to male Miis. I don't think we've images where females wear their suits. But it could be nearly un-noticed if the armor remains the same for the both of them.

So yeah, I guess that we can expect girls to dress up like Peach, Daisy, Zelda and the like. Who knows, maybe even Pokemon Trainers can get costumes too.
The Smash Website says they're "Unisex," but my New Leaf point still stands. It wouldn't be the first time that Nintendo allowed for cross-dressing. Heck, limiting it to only one sex would only infulence the cross-dressers to give their Miis a sex change.

As a side note, pretty weird to come back to the thread when you guys are talking about cross-dressing Miis :p

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
When you can have male Miis wear the Zelda, Peach or Daisy wigs or a Princess Crown, I highly doubt there ought to be much of a problem in making dresses available for males.

There might be some male or female exclusive costumes, I guess, though I do point out again that none of the base game's costumes and hats are gender exclusive, even those more feminine.

At the very least, the unisex thing could be just a reminder that you can use the costumes regardless of your Mii's gender to avoid confusion.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I'd honestly rather have costumes of characters that arent playable than ones that are, like Dunban. But I'l be getting everything anyways so....

Also I still think class-locked costumes are ass. Free the costumes!

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'd honestly rather have costumes of characters that arent playable than ones that are, like Dunban. But I'l be getting everything anyways so....

Also I still think class-locked costumes are ***. Free the costumes!
But you can't give the Mega Man X costume to Swordfighter because he swings his sword... SO... SLOOOOWWW

(Cookies for whoever gets that reference).

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Speaking of costumes, I still wish the Zelda characters had model swaps based on their other incarnations. (or in the case of Ganondorf, his other appearances)

They put in Alph and the Koopalings with new voice clips and all, so it felt like a waste. On the bright side, Fierce Deity alt.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
When you can have male Miis wear the Zelda, Peach or Daisy wigs or a Princess Crown, I highly doubt there ought to be much of a problem in making dresses available for males.

There might be some male or female exclusive costumes, I guess, though I do point out again that none of the base game's costumes and hats are gender exclusive, even those more feminine.

At the very least, the unisex thing could be just a reminder that you can use the costumes regardless of your Mii's gender to avoid confusion.
Considering the more masculine outfits they've announced so far (Proto Man, X, Dunban and Link), that actually makes sense.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Speaking of costumes, I still wish the Zelda characters had model swaps based on their other incarnations. (or in the case of Ganondorf, his other appearances)

They put in Alph and the Koopalings with new voice clips and all, so it felt like a waste. On the bright side, Fierce Deity alt.
That would have been nice, at least for Ganondork... OOT/Melee/PM Alt Ganondork life.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935

Yeah, Skyward Sword, my favourite Zelda game, got completely shafted in that regard. A shame, as Demise and SS Zelda in particular, are very different to their Twilight Princess base designs. The Skyloft Knight alt for Link was alright, but why not his normal SS design?

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
So aside from,

What else do you guys think the balance path will include?
I'm imagining buffs for :4miisword::4samus::4zelda:, but I'd rather hear your thoughts. inb4 better nerf Greninja

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
What a horrible horrible morning.

Professor Layton 7 and Fantasy Life 2 were announced.

....as smart phone games...

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Something that would be great for the patch:
Allow Mii hats to be worn by the rest of the roster! I want lucario to wear a cowboy hat!

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
What a horrible horrible morning.

Professor Layton 7 and Fantasy Life 2 were announced.

....as smart phone games...
We've known about that Layton game for a while though, I wouldn't hold your breath after this morning, but I'm still hopeful that a 'proper' Layton game(s) will return to the 3DS. Fantasy Life 2 has come out of nowhere, though. Is that really it, a Level-5? We spend £40 on the first only for its sequel to be announced as a crappy mobile game 6 months later? Bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom