• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm conflicted on Snake. On the one hand, his inclusion didn't seem deserved. But on the other hand, he's actually a very fun character to play as, if not one of the most.
I actually feel the same way.....maybe they could give his moveset to an Advance Wars character for Smash 4

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I actually feel the same way.....maybe they could give his moveset to an Advance Wars character for Smash 4
I personally hope not :p
It'll be bad for both Snake fans and Advance Wars fans(the latter since their character will be seen as being unoriginal and snubbed of their uniqueness).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh, I like Snake as a character. And he's fun to use. Though I suppose there's technically more deserving third party characters than him, yet if not for his inclusion, we wouldn't likely get Mega Man, Sonic or Pac-Man.

That said, like someone mentioned before, if need be, give his moveset to an Advance Wars character and you'll meet some people halfway at least.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I will say, I'm a bit different from others on characters getting in. See, characters like Snake and Ryu I would have never guessed getting in ( I was only 5 or 6 when I saw Snake). However, when I see that a character is possibly getting in, I start thinking about them. And then I think of how cool they are. And I then go full support with them. :4drmario::4pacman::4duckhunt: Happened with these 3 easily.

Also, something I find funny was my reaction to characters not getting in, and being cut. When Brawl came out, I was a big fan of Mewtwo in Melee. When he was cut though, my reaction was "meh". I had other characters to play with. Same with characters getting in. I didn't care who got in or not, I just went with it. Sad to think the 7 year old could handle characters not getting in over full grown men and woman.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
The master of failed video game movies finally delivered it:
harsh language incoming:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I will say, I'm a bit different from others on characters getting in. See, characters like Snake and Ryu I would have never guessed getting in ( I was only 5 or 6 when I saw Snake). However, when I see that a character is possibly getting in, I start thinking about them. And then I think of how cool they are. And I then go full support with them. :4drmario::4pacman::4duckhunt: Happened with these 3 easily.

Also, something I find funny was my reaction to characters not getting in, and being cut. When Brawl came out, I was a big fan of Mewtwo in Melee. When he was cut though, my reaction was "meh". I had other characters to play with. Same with characters getting in. I didn't care who got in or not, I just went with it. Sad to think the 7 year old could handle characters not getting in over full grown men and woman.
Hey, it happens.

I was sort of weird with Duck Hunt Dog. I figured it'd make sense as far as classic characters go. So I wasn't salty about it, but I could never really think of how the character would actually fight. They turned out surprisingly decent though. So I can't complain about that.

If Ryu's in, it's fairly easy to imagine what special moves and even a majority of normals would be. If he does get in, I'd hope he gets custom moves. There's SO many variants of the main Shoto moves. Ken's Fire Shoryuken, Sakura's Charge-able Hadoken, Akuma's broken ass Hurricane Kick, even Sean's Wheel Kick could all make great customs.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Eh, I like Snake as a character. And he's fun to use. Though I suppose there's technically more deserving third party characters than him, yet if not for his inclusion, we wouldn't likely get Mega Man, Sonic or Pac-Man.
Hm, not sure about that last part. Characters like Sonic, MegaMan and Pacman would've made it in eventually regardless of Snake, Sonic himself was actually considered in Melee along with Snake but couldn't get in due to time constraints, like Snake, and Pacman was considered for Brawl as well.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hm, not sure about that last part. Characters like Sonic, MegaMan and Pacman would've made it in eventually regardless of Snake, Sonic himself was actually considered in Melee along with Snake but couldn't get in due to time constraints, like Snake, and Pacman was considered for Brawl as well.
Was there any proof about Sonic being considered for Melee? I don't remember hearing that, nor Pacman in Brawl. Not trying to call you out, I genuinely don't remember hearing that myself.

The closest thing I heard was that Mega Man was considered after Sonic's inclusion in Brawl due to being 2nd place in request or something along those lines, but it never went very far due to the game already getting delays.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Has the Social Thread gone mad or were you waiting for me? :grin:

I regret nothing :troll:

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Was there any proof about Sonic being considered for Melee? I don't remember hearing that, nor Pacman in Brawl. Not trying to call you out, I genuinely don't remember hearing that myself.

The closest thing I heard was that Mega Man was considered after Sonic's inclusion in Brawl due to being 2nd place in request or something along those lines, but it never went very far due to the game already getting delays.
The source for Sonic being planned for Melee Edge magazine in Australia. Yuji Naka spilled the beans on Sonic’s possible inclusion in Melee. In it, Yuji Naka states that it was very close to happening, but because of time constraints, it was impossible. However it, “left the door open for future collaborations”. Also for Brawl Sonic was planned from the very beginning. However, Sega initially refused to have the hedgehog join the fight.

Pacman was briefly considered. Sakurai stated that Miyamoto approached him with the idea, but Sakurai thought it was a little “far-fetched”.

Find out more here:
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hi guys.

I felt kinda bad for disturbing you all yesterday, so I got you all an apology present.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
wowza it's dead here.
abandon ship.
It's been deader before.

If you wanna keep the place alive, just keep posting.

Just keep posting just keep posting posting posting what do we do we post, post.

Ohoooooohoohoooh poooooosssting, *sings until I get yelled at*

...what?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alright, this place is dead enough to try this bad idea. . .
:4darkpit: : "Alright, that's it! I've had enough of these 'Smash Bros Fans' and their stupidity.

I. AM. NOT. EMO!

Emos are losers who sit around whining and feeling sorry for themselves. Do you see me moping around like an idiot all the time?

And while we're at it, I'm not goth, either.

Last guy who called me that got shanked by a chariot."

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
@ Luggy Luggy Have you heard there's going to be a Nichijou announcement? Do you think it will be a second season for the anime? :O
tumblr_inline_mnceheQ2e11r8lnix.gif

Wait WHAT ?!!
I-I-I never knew there was one ! Do you have a link please ?

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well, I learned alot today.
1) They give you the questions like the previous installments, but this time they tease you about what you COULD'VE been in a roulette-like fashion
2) They like spawning alot of guys on you in one room.
3) ALOT of guys.
4) They ripped off Xenoblade Kappa
5) Wailord, holy ****.
6) Apparently two small, unevolved Pokemon have to fight the Pokemon equivelant of God and Satan.
7) Sounds fair.
8) There's probably gonna be another runaway segment which is very hard.
7.8/10 Too much Pokemon - IGN

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
The master of failed video game movies finally delivered it:
harsh language incoming:
Holy ****, I read this ***** Wikipedia page. Boxing with critics?? Seriously, how ******** do you have to be to pull off this stunt? Im not exactly sure how much, but Uwe Boll is that amount of ********. And even more.
And he's also a pansy! He deliberatly picked opponents who were weaker than him, as evidenced when he chose not to fight Seanbaby, who was actually knew how to fight.
Not to mention he tried becoming the directer of the World of Warcraft movie, but the producers themselves told him to bug off.

Can someone take this disgusting scum of a human being, kneecap him with a shotgun, chuck him into an forest and let him bleed out? While we're at it, someone record it as well and transform it into a movie. It would be much better than the piles of **** he created.
People who think they're invincible and have to right to do everything they want because they make movies are the worst type of people in this world for me.
(Excluding criminals of course)

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Oh hello by the way. I just looked at the teaser of an announcement for Nichijou. I either predict a sequel to the anime (wich would be pretty weird but super cool) or a follow up to last part of the manga.
The manga ended on this weird cliff hanger like thing where they made a fast foward where the Hakase is at the age of going to high school. So basically, the other characters are adults, and it ended with Nano announcing that Yuuko came back from her trip to go back in Japan.

Either way, hype !
It's happening.png

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Holy ****, I read this ***** Wikipedia page. Boxing with critics?? Seriously, how ******** do you have to be to pull off this stunt? Im not exactly sure how much, but Uwe Boll is that amount of ********. And even more.
And he's also a pansy! He deliberatly picked opponents who were weaker than him, as evidenced when he chose not to fight Seanbaby, who was actually knew how to fight.
Not to mention he tried becoming the directer of the World of Warcraft movie, but the producers themselves told him to bug off.

Can someone take this disgusting scum of a human being, kneecap him with a shotgun, chuck him into an forest and let him bleed out? While we're at it, someone record it as well and transform it into a movie. It would be much better than the piles of **** he created.
People who think they're invincible and have to right to do everything they want because they make movies are the worst type of people in this world for me.
(Excluding criminals of course)
That would be called a "snuff film" - recording someone's death for profit or entertainment. Which, thankfully, none are actually in existence in real life, and hopefully, it will remain that way. As bad as Uwe Boll is, nobody but nobody deserves that.

Sorry... anyone dying on a film set is a concept that regularly gives me the jibblies.
Poor Vic Morrow...

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I wonder if Roy/Ryu will be revealed during that Smash thing on the 14th.
I'd be happy with any character, really. Though, Ryu would be such a great announcement! :b:

Edit: By any character, I mean Nintendo characters and certain 3rd parties.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
That would be called a "snuff film" - recording someone's death for profit or entertainment. Which, thankfully, none are actually in existence in real life, and hopefully, it will remain that way. As bad as Uwe Boll is, nobody but nobody deserves that.

Sorry... anyone dying on a film set is a concept that regularly gives me the jibblies.
Poor Vic Morrow...
I guess I got pretty carried away there. But when you write an video complaining about how no one wants to fund your ***** movie and tell them "**** you", you're being nothing but a narcissistic **** nugget.

Im very sad he didn't fight Sean. Seeing him getting wrecked would be so satisfying...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, I learned alot today.
1) They give you the questions like the previous installments, but this time they tease you about what you COULD'VE been in a roulette-like fashion
2) They like spawning alot of guys on you in one room.
3) ALOT of guys.
4) They ripped off Xenoblade Kappa
5) Wailord, holy ****.
6) Apparently two small, unevolved Pokemon have to fight the Pokemon equivelant of God and Satan.
7) Sounds fair.
8) There's probably gonna be another runaway segment which is very hard.
7.8/10 Too much Pokemon - IGN
"How did they-"

. . .

Riki make everybody friends! Everybody!

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I just hope hadouken isn't as spammable like in the original series if Ryu's added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom