• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_gold_

Smash Master
Speaking of Teen Titans though, it's too bad that show had to end prematurely. I suppose it's typical of CN to cut of a show that's actually got quality content (e.g. Samurai Jack).

D

Deleted member

To anyone who has a pro controller, should I charge mine fully, before it's first use? Or should I use it straight out of the package?
I charged mine right after I got it. But you may not want to do that.

Soul.

There is nothing good on there anymore.
All they have is Adventure Time (lol), Regular Show (lol), and Steven Universe which is meh.
Then you have things like the Pokémon anime and the Sonic Boom TV show.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All they have is Adventure Time (lol), Regular Show (lol), and Steven Universe which is meh.
Wait are you saying that Pokemon the series is a good show?
"laugh"

_gold_

Smash Master
"laugh"
I want to shoot myself after watching Pokemon anime nowadays. God, it's bad.
I'm glad I barely watch TV (in general) these days.
All I watch is Pawn Stars and River Monsters. You should watch Wayward Pines though, quality TV.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

All I watch is Pawn Stars and River Monsters. You should watch Wayward Pines though, quality TV.
When somebody say that Pokemon the serie is a good show, i'm just like:

This show is bad IMO.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I guess it's an unpopular opinion that the Pokemon anime is awful. I can't stomach it.
The story is, in my opinion, usually the weakest element of the games, and the anime is just that, but with mediocre voice acting.

Coupled with the fact that every situation boils down to being solved with the magic of friendship, so it's like My Little Pony but with substantially worse writing.

Also, and I can't stress this enough; where. The ****. Is BROCK.

_gold_

Smash Master
I guess it's an unpopular opinion that the Pokemon anime is awful. I can't stomach it.
The story is, in my opinion, usually the weakest element of the games, and the anime is just that, but with mediocre voice acting.

Coupled with the fact that every situation boils down to being solved with the magic of friendship, so it's like My Little Pony but with substantially worse writing.

Exactly. Also, how is Pikachu not lvl 100 by now and kicking butt and taking names? It's like each new region he(she?) resets. Terrible.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

IMO Brock was the best thing in the show and they removed it. WTF guys?:drshrug:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Adventure Time - meh; Regular Show - meh; Steven Universe - barely watch it, so meh.

Sonic Boom is kinda decent. Too bad the game itself was a letdown. And I could care less about Pokemon the anime now.

Regular Show would like to have a word with you.
Regular Show? Never liked it at all.

That's right, I said it. Now have at thee!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
IMO Brock was the best thing in the show and they removed it. WTF guys?:drshrug:
Indeed. Now who will we call when we need a drying pan?
And they replaced him with incredibly lame XY characters. Yuck.
Reported.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Indeed. Now who will we call when we need a drying pan?
And they replaced him with incredibly lame XY characters. Yuck.

Reported.
Yup, my reaction when they remove Brock for what we got was this.

Nah jk. :) a little...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly, Cartoon Network on the whole, has gotten better since 6 or 7 years ago. Remember when they had a bunch of live action shows? No one liked that, and how they've got at least 3 well received shows from the general public.

If 90's-2005 Cartoon Network is the golden era, they still haven't had their "Renaissance" quite yet. Because I think the biggest issue with CN is that they have all but abandoned any genres that aren't comedies. They've got Ben 10 and Pokemon, that's about it.

But on the plus side, Over the Garden Wall was made. So they are at least trying to branch out.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Honestly, Cartoon Network on the whole, has gotten better since 6 or 7 years ago. Remember when they had a bunch of live action shows? No one liked that, and how they've got at least 3 well received shows from the general public.

If 90's-2005 Cartoon Network is the golden era, they still haven't had their "Renaissance" quite yet. Because I think the biggest issue with CN is that they have all but abandoned any genres that aren't comedies. They've got Ben 10 and Pokemon, that's about it.

But on the plus side, Over the Garden Wall was made. So they are at least trying to branch out.
Adventure Time's evolved into a more arc-based show, and certainly got more dramatic since season 1.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I would so much that Gravity Fall was diffused on CN for us poor French but it's not the case....:( .This show seem so good contrary to Uncle Grandpa... (the creator of this have take drug before making this show i swear...)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Adventure Time's evolved into a more arc-based show, and certainly got more dramatic since season 1.
I suppose you're right about that. Though I feel like both AT and SU are still primarily made to be comedies. But it'd be more fitting to say that their "dramatic comedies" I guess. Still, I think the lack of a lot of action cartoons being put into the limelight is an issue that could use addressing.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace

Yeah, Nick's basically the only one of these cartoon channels that I've felt became irreversibly bad.
*cough*overrelianceoftoilethumor*cough*

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Reported.
I get it, that was a bit of exaggeration. In fact, I should have mention that don't watch tv often, which that's partially the reason. That and just wasn't into it, much like other shows on there.

CN in general, and in my opinion, is dissatisfying as it is.

Soul.

"laugh"
lol.
A TV show that is more about AmourShipping and less about "This is Pokémon!" is ****. Improved animation means nothing when almost every episode has the girl blushing every single time she sees Ash, and while love in TV shows is not necessarily bad, it's just... annoying to see that every time.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would so much that Gravity Fall was diffused on CN for us poor French but it's not the case....:( .This show seem so good contrary to Uncle Grandpa... (the creator of this have take drug before making this show i swear...)
Uncle Grandpa is weird, the title alone gives you that vibe. Overall, it's fairly harmless. But at least it's not "Problem Solverz" Now that show was super ugly to look at. And it had unneeded amounts of neon. But I'm sure some people really like the Neon look, it just has to be done right.

That reminds me of Major Lazor, it's okay. But it does at least use the neon properly, I guess. I'm no pro at this stuff.

Yeah, Nick's basically the only one of these cartoon channels that I've felt became irreversibly bad.
*cough*overrelianceoftoilethumor*cough*
Nah, not even their situation is completely hopeless. But their saving grace right now for animation is Ninja Turtles. From what I understand, a lot of the issues at Nick is that you have the suits wanting to look for talent, but you have people already working there who want to share their own ideas. Not sure how true that is, but it sounds interesting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I find it awful. Maybe because I'm not a fan of the franchise as a whole, the storylines flat-out suck, or it's [primarily] there for children.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
'sup. I took a day off because I felt my post quality slipping. I think I was upset because I was too chicken to confront the first boss in Terraria.

That's been resolved, so I'm back.

I've been thinking about working on my Fakemon collection. My Fakemon tend to be too derivative of existing Pokemon, but they're fun to make sometimes.

I came up with an ****** selkie a while back but set it aside because I was still mourning the Ice Climbers. I figure it's time to bring it back.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I find it awful. Maybe because I'm not a fan of the franchise as a whole, the storylines flat-out suck, or it's [primarily] there for children.
The only "good" thing in this series was Brock, maybe some Memes and the first three season but now....it's just bad....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only "good" thing in this series was Brock and maybe some Memes and the first three season but now....it's just bad....
I never liked it. I have a tendency of having a neutral opinion towards Pokémon in its entirety.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The only "good" thing in this series was Brock, maybe some Memes and the first three season but now....it's just bad....
I'm sure there's people who would argue that it's quality is pretty consistent. And that most people just grew out of liking it. That might be the case. I haven't watched the show since early Hoenn I think.

It's sort of weird how certain things you can like your whole life from childhood, but so many other aspects of your taste comes and goes in a blink of an eye.

I never liked it. I have a tendency of having a neutral opinion towards Pokémon in its entirety.
Do you do so purposely? Or do you mean you simply can't help it either way?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
But you're avatar is not a Pokemon? You're the only i see here to be like this. Normally i see people hate,love or fanboying Pokemon, but you're just neutral. It's fine for me, we can't have all the same opinion. Right FNAF-hater?:troll:

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Adventure Time - meh; Regular Show - meh; Steven Universe - barely watch it, so meh.

Sonic Boom is kinda decent. Too bad the game itself was a letdown. And I could care less about Pokemon the anime now.

To each their own, I agree with all except Steven Universe. Steven Universe is both a spiritual successor to Adventure Time's earlier seasons and one of the best animated shows currently airing.

I can't say it's the best, as I find with a lot of fans that it starts off slow until you see it improve vastly. In this case, it starts around episode 10, jumps in the half-season finale at episode 24-25, and grows even greater up until now. Even then, it was still funny and entertaining since the beginning, and on a personal level, there's a lot I love about it that I want to support it up until it ends.

And Sonic Boom? I find it pretty funny, but that's all it is really. You can only watch it for character driven comedy and nothing else.

I've lost touch with AT since it started to lose control with itself, constantly opening and shutting plot threads while filling the majority of it with filler episodes. I think the comedy deteriorated slightly too.

Regular Show was funny for its first two seasons, until the episode plots became noticeably formulaic. I've barely watched it since.

Even if you don't like CN's current shows as they are now, they were a LOT better than they were a few years ago.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm sure there's people who would argue that it's quality is pretty consistent. And that most people just grew out of liking it. That might be the case. I haven't watched the show since early Hoenn I think.

It's sort of weird how certain things you can like your whole life from childhood, but so many other aspects of your taste comes and goes in a blink of an eye.

Do you do so purposely? Or do you mean you simply can't help it either way?
I always had that opinion towards the thing. I can't help it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom