• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Freddy-Foursome.png

Of all the ones so far, this one was the hardest for some reason

I'm also not completely happy with it, but it was the best attempt at Freddy so far

Edit: Oops, the coloring on this is CYMK, not RGB

Last edited:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
My day is now ruin thanks to the Why Ridley isn't playable thread.

Somebody told me to "**** off", just because I had a differnt opinion then him.

I hate this community sometime....

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Speaking of Primal Reversion, I really hope Dialga gets one of those.

If only so that Primal Dialga can be a thing in the main series, as well.
Sinnoh confirmed! Sigma Diamond and Theta Pearl~
Gen 6 was alright, but it wasn't as great as I was expecting. The things I didn't like about X and Y:
  • There's a random area in Kalos that happens to be in the midst of a constantly cold, snowy climate. How.
"The constant snow of this city is said to be a result of the frigid air continuously flowing out of its gym"

Seriously, that gym was designed to look like a freezer XD

Strofirko

Smash Master
So they are actually waiting the servers go online to finish the reviews,don't you think that when the servers starts working that s**t gonna be slowest than a snail thanks to the many users playing online at the same time...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Sinnoh confirmed! Sigma Diamond and Theta Pearl~

"The constant snow of this city is said to be a result of the frigid air continuously flowing out of its gym"

Seriously, that gym was designed to look like a freezer XD
And the townsfolk are fine with an everlasting winter? Especially when they could tell the gym leader to just turn the air conditioner off?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
ALL-NIGHTER PAPERS ARE THE BEST!!!!

Sorry for caps, but I haven't gone to sleep yet and I'm at that "tired-past-tired" point, you know? Sucks that I have a class in 6 hours, but it's not even a mandatory one so I'm debating not going. Then again, I can't just sleep until like 4 in the afternoon because my girlfriend will be mad at me for not being awake to pick her up from work.

But seriously fellas, the hype train just cannot stop for me! Literally 24 hours from this second I will be putting Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U into my most treasured console. All the waiting. The wondering. The year and a half that I had to deal with m*****f****ers making fun of me for having a Wii U, because "there's no good games on it" and "it's a dead console already" and "Nintendo should just go third-party already so i can play Mario on my Suckbox None". Seriously, November 18, 2012 to August 29, 2013 was a hard time to be one of the faithful. But it's all been leading up to this moment, and it's gonna be soooooo worth it.

I stayed up all night tonight writing an essay so I can bring it into school a day early, which means I won't have to go in tomorrow. Which means I have no obligations tomorrow. Which means that I'm waking up 23 hours from now to brave a frigid Canadian morning, in order to park my butt out in front of a Wal-mart in time for 7 AM.

And after THAT, I will Smash until my fingers fall off. The only question left is..... who do I play as first?
Whoever the random button chooses. That's who.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
My day is now ruin thanks to the Why Ridley isn't playable thread.

Somebody told me to "**** off", just because I had a differnt opinion then him.

I hate this community sometime....
Look at him and laugh for having opinions. :mad088::mad088::mad088::mad088:
Still better than 4chan, there your opinion isn't just not wanted, it's downright wrong.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
It is the year 2014. The Americans have been lucky enough that their fellow Japanese have decided to release Super Smash Bros for Wii U in America first. But, from across the seas, their friends in Europe and Australia wait patiently for their release.

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Whoever the random button chooses. That's who.
Oh my god, thank you. Seriously, I have been debating this with myself for MONTHS. That's a huge weight off my shoulders, thank you based Random Button.

Also, I just remembered I'm a big fat liar because I'm also going to see The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 tomorrow night. So I do have obligations. It's one of those AVX theatres where you choose your seats, but I bought mine late so the only open ones were in the two very front rows.

Tomorrow is going to be epic.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I see people complaining about the conflicts on the last hours,but it isn't what smash bros always tries to be:

"Clash out with your favorite nintendo fanbase"

Wait,I think this applies to every fighting crossover game ever...

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
So it looks like I missed quite a crapstorm. I mean, I like me some Ridley, and I would like him playable, but I dont mind not having him if Sakurai thinks making him playable would be a disservice to him (besides, he went back on so many of his other character-related decisions over time, like the Villager, so Im not to fussed). Heck, he did a good job giving Ridley some proper spotlight time in this game anyway. But man, the devotion to this character by some people is quite... extreme, to say the least.

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
So I decided to do something that might not be so smart. I'm going to stay up for at least another hour, that way I can just drive the university when it opens, hand in my paper, then come home and sleep a full 7ish hours, instead of breaking it up into chunks.

On that note, have you guys ever noticed that music sometimes sounds faster when you're tired? Like, take a listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk-v5Uv04Sk

(sorry I'm noob and don't know how to put the video right in the comment. Is that called embedding? never mind, leave me to my ignorance)

Normally this music is fairly fast-paced, but right it's just like ZOOOOOOOOOOOM. Also, it's apparently really good music to write an all-night essay to. And train to. And live to. And probably battle gym leaders from hoenn to.

I'll leave you with this "food for thought":

When Logsmash joins the learning, Alfonzo is in charge of the ignorance. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

Edit: Yes! I finally did a spoiler tag right!

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

I like it! Unfortunately there's a Mega Flygon comment on top, reminding me the Mega Flygon-fanbase isn't that much different from the Ridley-fanbase.

But man, the devotion to this character by some people is quite... extreme, to say the least.
This is what surprises me the most. Some act like it's the worst thing ever (even worse than WWII and 9/11) when after all it's just a game. Dedication for a certain character is good, but you can go too far.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
I like it! Unfortunately there's a Mega Flygon comment on top, reminding me the Mega Flygon-fanbase isn't that much different from the Ridley-fanbase.

This is what surprises me the most. Some act like it's the worst thing ever (even worse than WWII and 9/11) when after all it's just a game. Dedication for a certain character is good, but you can go too far.
I wonder what it is about Ridley that changes a person's mindset to be like that? Or maybe Ridley tends to be popular with people who already have a mindset like that? Or maybe both, or neither, or something completely different?

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
So it looks like I missed quite a crapstorm. I mean, I like me some Ridley, and I would like him playable, but I dont mind not having him if Sakurai thinks making him playable would be a disservice to him (besides, he went back on so many of his other character-related decisions over time, like the Villager, so Im not to fussed). Heck, he did a good job giving Ridley some proper spotlight time in this game anyway. But man, the devotion to this character by some people is quite... extreme, to say the least.
Honestly at this point I'm glad he isn't playable. The fan base around him is so toxic I don't think that they should be rewarded. (not everyone who want's Ridley in is like this of course, but there are enough to turn mo off completely.)
Ridley is more a meme at this point more than a character, some people just get sucked in with the hype.

Last edited:

DDDchu

Smash Cadet
NNID
DDDchu96
3DS FC
4098-2457-6801
Yeah Ridley no matter what is too big and even if they shrink him he won't look right being so small. We really don't need other Metroid reps because the rest of the characters in that game are just some aliens. Space Pirates, maybe, but other wise then Samus will have to do.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ALL-NIGHTER PAPERS ARE THE BEST!!!!

Sorry for caps, but I haven't gone to sleep yet and I'm at that "tired-past-tired" point, you know? Sucks that I have a class in 6 hours, but it's not even a mandatory one so I'm debating not going. Then again, I can't just sleep until like 4 in the afternoon because my girlfriend will be mad at me for not being awake to pick her up from work.

But seriously fellas, the hype train just cannot stop for me! Literally 24 hours from this second I will be putting Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U into my most treasured console. All the waiting. The wondering. The year and a half that I had to deal with m*****f****ers making fun of me for having a Wii U, because "there's no good games on it" and "it's a dead console already" and "Nintendo should just go third-party already so i can play Mario on my Suckbox None". Seriously, November 18, 2012 to August 29, 2013 was a hard time to be one of the faithful. But it's all been leading up to this moment, and it's gonna be soooooo worth it.

I stayed up all night tonight writing an essay so I can bring it into school a day early, which means I won't have to go in tomorrow. Which means I have no obligations tomorrow. Which means that I'm waking up 23 hours from now to brave a frigid Canadian morning, in order to park my butt out in front of a Wal-mart in time for 7 AM.

And after THAT, I will Smash until my fingers fall off. The only question left is..... who do I play as first?
I agree, listening to Paper Mario music at night is the best :troll:

Ok, that one was weird.

Anyway, I have the game preloaded and downloaded already. So, all I need is to patientyl wait after my class and some studies for exams tomorrow.

Btw, I highly recommend anyone to play this music an hour before release over and over because it's that epic in those moments:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
It's good news for people like @Frostwraith and @xSoul, who don't have a Wii U or don't plan on buying one. Yes, I know xSoul doesn't care about characters, but he has to know the enemy when he runs into a Mewtwo online, right? :p

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
So now we wait for Mewtwo's reveal trailer. I hope they spice it up a bit, Melee M2 with a mega evolution for its FS wouldn't be all that hype worthy. Oh well it's free for me, so I can't wait to get his download code. Speaking of which, I got my Diancie code today, so I'll get that when I get home later.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So now we wait for Mewtwo's reveal trailer. I hope they spice it up a bit, Melee M2 with a mega evolution for its FS wouldn't be all that hype worthy. Oh well it's free for me, so I can't wait to get his download code. Speaking of which, I got my Diancie code today, so I'll get that when I get home later.
IF Mewtwo gets a trailer, I expect it to start with Melee Mewtwo in action and at one point it gets updated to HD (like how the E3 Brawl trailer started) and the tagline 'Mewtwo is back for action' or something shows up.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, I'm not so sure that Mewtwo will even have a Mega Evolution Final Smash.

After all, the two of them do share an already existing trophy in Wii U. Of course, it COULD still happen, but hopefully it's something fresh like Psystrike.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom