• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

So, since the Wii-U version is coming out, this thread is getting locked? I would hope not. The general craziness of this place is great.

Or are we going to have another thread opened in it's place?
The 3DS version was released a month ago and this thread wasn't locked. If it were, where would we post off-topic stuff?
What's getting locked as soon as Smash Wii U is out is the Miiverse thread...possibly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, since the Wii-U version is coming out, this thread is getting locked? I would hope not. The general craziness of this place is great.

Yeah, I'm wondering about that too.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I am considering seeing if I could take on a 7 person team.
You'll be in for a time of your life. Hmm... I wonder what it'd be like for 8 pros fighting each other.

Aren't the social threads for the other SSB games still alive? This is like an off-topic and SSB4 general thread. I don't see much of a reason to lock it, but that's up to the mods. As for off-topic threads in general, we have them... It's just that nobody uses them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I only see 5 DKs.
I WAS PROMISED 7
EDIT: NEVERMIND I'M BLIND

Is there any reason the lock this thread after the Wii U version coming out?
I thought someone mentioned this thread being dead after the game gets out. Though it was probably a joke, since everyone will be too busy playing the Wii-U version. I'm too tired to think straight right now.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I thought someone mentioned this thread being dead after the game gets out. Though it was probably a joke, since everyone will be too busy playing the Wii-U version. I'm too tired to think straight right now.
What if they're playing SSB for Wii U, for 3DS, and using Smashboards at the same time?! *queue dramatic organ music* DUN DUN DUUUUUUH!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So what's the chance that some characters somehow end up actually being different on the Wii-U version? I know they are meant to play similarly. But I can't shake this feeling that there's certain things that'll slip through the cracks of one version and make it into the other.

What if they're playing SSB for Wii U, for 3DS, and using Smashboards at the same time?! *queue dramatic organ music* DUN DUN DUUUUUUH!
Our internet would move slow as hell? I don't know, you tell me.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
I decided to watch some of those new Marvel cartoons today.

Hulk: Agents of Smash is just a weird concept. I thought Ultimate Spiderman was supposed to be the webshow! *gets shot again

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm contesting my ticket I got

I REALLY don't want to, but a "family friend" recommended I do

Otherwise it will hurt my insurance a lot

And contesting it COULD lower the fine, if not get rid of it

I REALLY don't want to though, it it didn't effect my insurance I'd just pay the thing and get done with it

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So what's the chance that some characters somehow end up actually being different on the Wii-U version? I know they are meant to play similarly. But I can't shake this feeling that there's certain things that'll slip through the cracks of one version and make it into the other.

Our internet would move slow as hell? I don't know, you tell me.
Well, they'd be using Smashboards for one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I decided to watch some of those new Marvel cartoons today.

Hulk: Agents of Smash is just a weird concept. I thought Ultimate Spiderman was supposed to be the webshow! *gets shot again
Hulk's show just seems bad. He seems much more suited for a show that has him on his own. He's already in the Avenger's cartoon. But Ultimate Spider-Man puts out the occasional good episode from time to time. I just think they need to find a better balance with their show's tone and it'd be better.

In other news, I've been fighting this cold for the past few days. But I'm starting to feel better now, hopefully I can stop breathing through my mouth from time to time like some weirdo. I hate when that happens.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hulk's show just seems bad. He seems much more suited for a show that has him on his own. He's already in the Avenger's cartoon. But Ultimate Spider-Man puts out the occasional good episode from time to time. I just think they need to find a better balance with their show's tone and it'd be better.

In other news, I've been fighting this cold for the past few days. But I'm starting to feel better now, hopefully I can stop breathing through my mouth from time to time like some weirdo. I hate when that happens.
What? Like these guys? :p

Hulk had a show?

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Back on Pokemon X for once and of course Global link is having maintenance so only Free battles are available so LEGENDARIES EVERYWHERE! But hilariously I am winning and just had moment of Lucario vs Mega Mewtwo and Lucario wins with blaze kick! I am prepped for 2015!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just learned something strange about Super Mario RPG I never knew

Every time you use jump, until a cap, it permanently increases it's power. And I mean permanently, not just until the end of battle

I think it increases every two jumps or something like that, not literally every jump...

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Back on Pokemon X for once and of course Global link is having maintenance so only Free battles are available so LEGENDARIES EVERYWHERE! But hilariously I am winning and just had moment of Lucario vs Mega Mewtwo and Lucario wins with blaze kick! I am prepped for 2015!
Why does that feel like an ill omen?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I haven't bothered playing much Pokemon online fights. I should get to it I guess. I have at least 2 teams or so worth using. But I'm not a Pokemon pro, so I'd probably lose a bunch at first.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why do people wonder why you don't get a gun in FNaF?

If they wanted the animatronics harmed, they would just dismantle them during the day when they are helpless

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Why do people wonder why you don't get a gun in FNaF?

If they wanted the animatronics harmed, they would just dismantle them during the day when they are helpless
Because people don't understand the concept of a horror game or what an unarmed security guard is and ignore the reason the very game itself gives on why the animatronics are not to be damaged.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
>sees endless tags of me
You have three wishes
>sees the "Salt One" has appeared
welp, I'll come back later
BUT I COUNTER YOUR SALT WITH @ Cap'nChreest Cap'nChreest
Have fun kiddies

ok.... I think I can do it c;

umm...... you guys...... should.... I guess.... leave him alone.... because.... maybe....

ITS NOT HIS FAULT HE'S AN IDIOT! >: c

How did I do? Oh.... I guess I'm a little late huh?
Oh well :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

umm...... you guys...... should.... I guess.... leave him alone.... because.... maybe....

ITS NOT HIS FAULT HE'S AN IDIOT! >:c

I give it a 7.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I decided since I am stuck with Chica to start working on Freddy

Unfortunately for me, in my vision of the character he is fat

and I can't draw fat things very well

But after messing up all day, I think I have something that looks pretty good

I'm not going to get it done tonight though

I JUST finished penciling it out

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Doesn't it come out Friday? I happen to have that day off

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yep

Tomorrow both ORAS and Smash U are downloadable at 12 am, but I'm going to pick up my preorder from Best Buy. (no hate, they gave me X for $19 after the Walmart hack so I shall be loyal)

Needless to say I won't be around tomorrow for... well anything.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ike has an OOC voice? It's the same guy from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn except in a fighting game,he speaks more while in pre-Fire Emblem: Awakening, you barely heard anyone talk much less make noise.
It was D-idara who stated Ike had an OOC voice. I know it's the same VA as his games. I've played Radiant Dawn, after all.

I knew it! That isn't the Liara, Lightning, and Palutena that I know and love! Ali has a much more... ahem... attractive voice. Embarrass
Well, I'd say the replacement did a good job at voicing the character. I mean, it's not the same thing, but I must say a lot of people actually thought it was Ali Hillis at first when the trailer was unveiled

This is incredible 17:17
The Great King's power is simply too much for mere mortals to grasp.

Yes, someone mentioned Excalibur from Soul Eater, when I was just trying to forget about one of the most jarring and ear-bleeding episodes in anime history.

jk, it's not that bad but still
Excalibur was the best thing about Soul Eater. What are you talking about?

Excalibur is hilarious.

Nope, this thread won't be locked when the game comes out. The other games' forums also have social threads like this one.

This is a general discussion thread where off-topic rules don't apply.

Yea Friday even in Aus which is wired since we usually get games on Saturdays the New 3DS also comes out here tomorrow.
Australians getting the New 3DS that early. Guess it's like a compensation for always having the games released much later.

I'm still jealous, but wait... I'm in Europe, aren't I? Maybe I could import one...

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I have to wait a week longer for both games and until 2015 for the N3DS. I should consider importing it, like my fellow European Frosty.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
As much as I'd love to play SSB4 tomorrow, it's not out in Aus for another week. However, I'm okay with that, as it gives me time to beat ORAS (Y)

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I still don't know if I should buy ORAS. Gen 6 was so goddamn forgettable and killed any Pokemon hype for me.
Also Battle Frontier is not in. What makes it worth the buy?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I still don't know if I should buy ORAS. Gen 6 was so goddamn forgettable and killed any Pokemon hype for me.
Mirage Spot hunting, flying over Hoenn, and Primal Reversion.

I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of features they just haven't revealed yet and want people to find.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Plumber's log #12247:
"It was a great day on Smashboards. We'd finally gotten rid of @ Blargg888 Blargg888 and his evil minions. The Smash people were free and the Pineapple was back in it's castle. It was time for me and @MisterVideoGaming to go back to Brooklyn."
Shhhhhh... He still hasn't discovered that the pineapple is fake.
We'll lay low for now __________. I think Cap'nChreest will provide an excellent distraction...
oh yeah...I guess I should mention it...

You told dream team was incredible?

Yeah, I tried the demo (I didn't know it existed) and agree that the L & R progressed a lot better (I still found it a bit annoying but it's very manageable now).

But sorry, I had the same feel of the game not really reaching me like super star saga...

The battle theme is more a downgrade for me, but I have to admit, the first dreamy music...quite catchy!

But that's unfortunately the only good thing I retained...
I've never tried the demo, what exactly does it cover? Dream team is the longest M&L game. The average playthrough is about 40 hours, but it took me 50.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

ITS NOT HIS FAULT HE'S AN IDIOT! >: c

Atleast he's a normal anime girl now.

Good afternoon all
Saaaaaame, Gen 6 was really meh, weak follow up to the craphole that was Gen 5

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
That Ridley-thread is proof why the Smash-fanbase is the worst Nintendo-fanbase. A civil conversation is somehow impossible when the subject is Ridley.

And yeah, X and Y were disappointing. I generally like the new designs, but the rest... Eh.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
ALL-NIGHTER PAPERS ARE THE BEST!!!!

Sorry for caps, but I haven't gone to sleep yet and I'm at that "tired-past-tired" point, you know? Sucks that I have a class in 6 hours, but it's not even a mandatory one so I'm debating not going. Then again, I can't just sleep until like 4 in the afternoon because my girlfriend will be mad at me for not being awake to pick her up from work.

But seriously fellas, the hype train just cannot stop for me! Literally 24 hours from this second I will be putting Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U into my most treasured console. All the waiting. The wondering. The year and a half that I had to deal with m*****f****ers making fun of me for having a Wii U, because "there's no good games on it" and "it's a dead console already" and "Nintendo should just go third-party already so i can play Mario on my Suckbox None". Seriously, November 18, 2012 to August 29, 2013 was a hard time to be one of the faithful. But it's all been leading up to this moment, and it's gonna be soooooo worth it.

I stayed up all night tonight writing an essay so I can bring it into school a day early, which means I won't have to go in tomorrow. Which means I have no obligations tomorrow. Which means that I'm waking up 23 hours from now to brave a frigid Canadian morning, in order to park my butt out in front of a Wal-mart in time for 7 AM.

And after THAT, I will Smash until my fingers fall off. The only question left is..... who do I play as first?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Mirage Spot hunting, flying over Hoenn, and Primal Reversion.

I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of features they just haven't revealed yet and want people to find.
Speaking of Primal Reversion, I really hope Dialga gets one of those.

If only so that Primal Dialga can be a thing in the main series, as well.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Gen 6 was alright, but it wasn't as great as I was expecting. The things I didn't like about X and Y:
  • It was too easy. I breezed through it.
  • They tried to give Team Flare motivation and weight to their purpose in recreating the world via Lysandre's ideals. But the team members themselves were a bunch of stupid, incompetent sheep in fashionable wear.
  • The lack of post-game content that didn't involved online battles.
  • Both Gym Leader AND Elite Four teams were small in number and lacked balanced typing to make them difficult to plow through.
  • There's a random area in Kalos that happens to be in the midst of a constantly cold, snowy climate. And appears to be a trend in every region. How.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom