• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I look back here and I see lots of text and junk, Im just gonna go back to headbutting yarn in Amie.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai talked about Ridley and everything transpired just as I predicted...

Never change, Smash fanbase.

@ D-idara D-idara
Palutena having a different voice actress has nothing to do with Sakurai. She has the same actress in the Japanese voice over and the VA replacement was due to Ali Hillis (the original VA) not being available for Smash. In fact, only Pit and Dark Pit (and maybe Viridi) kept their English language VAs. Sakurai has no control on the English voice over. The English dub is the localization team's thing, not Sakurai's, so this goes for Ike's OOC voice, as you describe it.

You can criticize Sakurai, but spouting ignorant statements is something I can't tolerate.

Yeah, Sakurai is the creator and game designer, but not everything is Sakurai's doing. There are so many other parties involved in the game and so many things outside of Sakurai's control.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Yeah, I'm feeling it too. It's coming from your soul.
"I'm not going to rant!"
*INSERT ANGRY WALL OF TEXT HERE*

@SmashRiver64 you must repent for your sins. No Dr. Mario during the weekdays.
Ranting is heated, heavily-opinionated arguing, nothing about what I wrote was opinion.
Sakurai talked about Ridley and everything transpired just as I predicted...

Never change, Smash fanbase.

@ D-idara D-idara
Palutena having a different voice actress has nothing to do with Sakurai. She has the same actress in the Japanese voice over and the VA replacement was due to Ali Hillis (the original VA) not being available for Smash. In fact, only Pit and Dark Pit (and maybe Viridi) kept their English language VAs. Sakurai has no control on the English voice over. The English dub is the localization team's thing, not Sakurai's.

You can criticize Sakurai, but spouting ignorant statements is something I can't tolerate.

Yeah, Sakurai is the creator and game designer, but not everything is Sakurai's doing. There are so many other parties involved in the game and so many things outside of Sakurai's control.
OK, I got ONE thing wrong, I guess that makes Sakurai's excuses reasoning hold up? I swear, the 'shrink down wings' bit is particularily insulting to Metroid' fans intelligence.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
>sees endless tags of me
You have three wishes
>sees the "Salt One" has appeared
welp, I'll come back later
BUT I COUNTER YOUR SALT WITH @Cap'nChreest
Have fun kiddies

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>sees endless tags
You have three wishes
>sees the "Salt One" has appeared
welp, I'll come back later
BUT I COUNTER YOUR SALT WITH @Cap'nChreest
Have fun kiddies
Or you could convert to Shulkism and really feel it. Do you accept the Monado as the one true path to salvation? It will Enchant (機) you and show you the way to paradise.

D

Deleted member

"Yeah....This is bad"
Even worse because they are all unlabeled. I have to go through 350+ wav files just to find Reyn Time. (Granted, I probably won't have to look through ALL of them, but...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Uhhh, what happened to this thread?
Several SmashBoards members created Shulkism. We are dedicated to really feeling it.
We all lived in perfect harmony, until the salty nation attacked.
Only Shulk, Master of all 5 powers of the Monado, can defeat the salt, but when the thread needed him most, he vanished. Now we pray and hope that one day, Shulk will return, and that we will all truly be "Feeling it"

What do I have to do to convert to Shulkism? Is playing Xenoblade a requirement?
No, but it's recommended.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Several SmashBoards members created Shulkism. We are dedicated to really feeling it.
We all lived in perfect harmony, until the salty nation attacked.
Only Shulk, Master of all 5 powers of the Monado, can defeat the salt, but when the thread needed him most, he vanished. Now we pray and hope that one day, Shulk will return, and that we will all truly be "Feeling it"
Have we found a new Shulk yet?

I don't know. This Shulkism schtick seems fishy.
YOU MUST BE CONVERTED

D

Deleted member

What do I have to do to convert to Shulkism? Is playing Xenoblade a requirement?
To become one with the Monado (and gain access to higher levels of the Church) yes. It is not required to be a Shulkist. In fact, the Church will reward you if you brave the evils of GameStop, or pay above $60 for the game, because it shows your dedication to the Shulkist cause.

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
I must say, these tears are quite delicious.

Seriously though, I'm glad this was the reason for Ridley not to be in. Now if a Smash 5 comes out we can focus more on the actual game than the Ridley debate. It's all over, everyone can go home now and sleep in peace.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
To become one with the Monado (and gain access to higher levels of the Church) yes. It is not required to be a Shulkist. In fact, the Church will reward you if you brave the evils of GameStop, or pay above $60 for the game, because it shows your dedication to the Shulkist cause.
But I don't have a GameStop in my country. Do I get a free pass?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Pffft. Casuals trying to preach the heresy that is Shulkism. The Church of the PAAAAAWNCH is the way to go. :4falcon:

"HYEES"
-Captain Falcon, 2014

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Except it actually was very opinionated...

Just saying.
So the characters aren't actually different from their canon sizes? Most of the winged characters can't freely fly on the source games? The Kid Icarus cast didn't get unwarranted overhauls when misrepresentations of huge Nintendo characters are still on the game? I wanted to say all I had to say on the matter, it's simply the 12-year-old crew trying to work off my post like some lame comedy routine because they think they're funny.

Also, it's really rich how the people on this thread are referring to the Ridley/Metroid fanbase as some kind of cancer when they've just been dealt a huge blow, really dignified.

D

Deleted member

I was looking for a .gif of him using all the arts, but I found this instead:

YES! FINALLY! I HAVE FOUND THE SHULK IS A SHOPPED LITTLE MAC!!

D

Deleted member

Shulk is a false prophet.
Convert to the Church of the Waka today and find true enlightenment :4pacman:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

But I don't have a GameStop in my country. Do I get a free pass?
Yes. Your job is now to stop GameStop from entering and taking over with their evil nonchalant employees that don't give a damn about good customer service.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Those were truly the days, when everyone strongly believed Lucas and Wolf were still on the game because they should've been.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I must say, these tears are quite delicious.

Seriously though, I'm glad this was the reason for Ridley not to be in. Now if a Smash 5 comes out we can focus more on the actual game than the Ridley debate. It's all over, everyone can go home now and sleep in peace.
Au contraire my friend, the Animal Crossing villager was scrapped from Brawl due to being "unsuited for battle". While him stating this does limit his chances for Smash 5, we have seen Sakurai change his mind. This is Sakurai, after all.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Little Mac...
Could this being be the next Shulk? Can he harness the true powers of the Monado? Only one way to find out...

So the characters aren't actually different from their canon sizes? Most of the winged characters can't freely fly on the source games? The Kid Icarus cast didn't get unwarranted overhauls when misrepresentations of huge Nintendo characters are still on the game? I wanted to say all I had to say on the matter, it's simply the 12-year-old crew trying to work off my post like some lame comedy routine because they think they're funny.

Also, it's really rich how the people on this thread are referring to the Ridley/Metroid fanbase as some kind of cancer when they've just been dealt a huge blow, really dignified.
Life goes on.
It's a video game.
Get over it.

D

Deleted member

I kinda like Gamestop though.
My only beef with them is every time I try to preorder anything, I call and ask if they have it. They say yes. I go to the store. "No sorry, it's not available for preorder right now."

Every time.

I can't truly hate them though. After all, they did have Xenoblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom