• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
7:51
IT'S EVERYTHING I'VE EVER WANTED
Reading the comments section just made this even more awesome
"Shulk was awesome, but he needed work. Shulk deserved to win but lost to shulk. But shulk was terrible, but not as bad as shulk. The worst was shulk. he couldn't reach the level of shulk. but shulk had a lot of potential, but shulk was better overall. Overall, I'm satisfied that shulk won, but would like to see shulk win next time."

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
My thoughts: Ash and Serena do something, Serena sees it as a date while Ash just sees it as two friends doing something together and at the end of the episode Bonnie asks them how their date was and Ash answers with 'I didn't eat any dates.' Episode over.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I've been gone too long. I couldn't give less of a damn about the status of Ridley.

I'm more curious as to what happened while I was gone that would cause people to overreact when a certain someone's name is mentioned.

And I'm only playing along to avoid asinine replies that don't tell me anything other than "GASP YOU SAID IT"

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
YOU KNOW WHAT!?
I'm not going to rant, I'm merely going to explain how Sakurai simply hates Ridley and Metroid in general and how he's a complete hypocrite. These statements clash so much with how the final product looks like, and it bugs me that he can't outright say "I don't like the Metroid series" rather than giving us this goldmine of words that don't match up at all...

“I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer, It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely.”
Characters that directly contradict the shrunk down (Size) statement:
:4bowser::4charizard::4ganondorf::4olimar::4alph::4pikachu::4kirby::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::4dedede:
Characters that blatantly contradict the fly around freely statement:
:4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4charizard::4darkpit::4ganondorf::4kirby::4metaknight::4palutena::4pit::rosalina:
Also, the 'or its wings reduced in size' is particularily troubling, as the METROID SERIES HAS DONE THIS BEFORE WITHOUT BREAKING ANY OF RIDLEY'S CHARACTER, THE METROID SERIES, apparently you're more accurate than the goddamn source material, Sakurai:

“Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to,” he continued. “If I don’t stick to that thought, then we’d have to lower the quality or break the balance of the game. Something that goes way off spec could break the entire game.”
Accurate portrayals? Lemme see here...
:4bowser:: Has an animal voice because Sakurai liked it better, because the Mario series doesn't exist and neither does SHOWTIME! or Bowser's current, well-liked portrayal as an expressive villain with attitude.
:4dk:: Has an animal voice because Sakurai liked it better, because his visual design totally doesn't match up with his actual voice from the actual Donkey Kong games, where he's expressive and memorable. The lack of a Barrel Throw move seems odd, especially considering that both his UpB and SideB are non-canon, made-up moves.
:4ganondorf:: Do I even need to touch this one? Ganondorf literally draws zero content from the Zelda series for his moveset, and he's been stuck 3 games as a clone of character he has nothing to do with. Precious, simply precious, the main villain of one of Nintendo's biggest series IS A CLONE OF ANOTHER SERIES' CHARACTER.
:4myfriends:: Completely generic and OOC voiceover.
:4ness:: Most of his moveset belongs to another character from Earthbound.
:4samus::4zss:: The suitless Samus somehow has a higher damage output and physical capabilities than the one with the Power Suit. You know? The physically-enhancing, almighty, technologically-advanced alien combat suit that's often associated the most with the Metroid series?
:4tlink:: Uses absolutely zero unique content from Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hourglass on his moveset.
:4wario::4wario2:: Complete lack of Wario Land representation, and most of his moves aren't even based on WarioWare, so he's basically made up on the spot, really faithful to the Wario series.
:4olimar:: Olimar never used Wing Pikmin In-Game.

Oh, let's look at some characters with perfect portrayals that draw a ton from their respective games...
:4pit:: Entire moveset change to be more accurate to the source material? Of course!
:4darkpit:: He has to exist because he couldn't use the Three Sacred Treasures, screw the Triforce Slash, the Zero Laser, the Great Aether, Giga Bowser, Peach Blossom, Balloon Puff, Mario Finale, Megaman Legends (This one gets a pass), Difussion Beam and Power Star never being things on the actual games, Dark Pit can't be seen using the Three Sacred Treasures. Oh, not to mention the Koopalings turning into Shadow Mario, I guess they should all be characters because they shouldn't be turning into Shadow Mario, IT'S NOT CANON, THE HORROR!
:4palutena:: The only flaw about Palutena's representation would be her voice actress, but she still sounds pretty similar, even...
:4metaknight::4dedede::4kirby:: All pretty much a copy of their respective game counterparts, all drawing heavy inspiration from canon.

“Instead of going through a lot of very convoluted hocus-pocus to make Ridley a fighter, I figured it’d be better to keep Ridley as it currently is, the correct way, and have it feel like a truly threatening presence,”

What about the convoluted hocus-pocus of balancing a character based on an all-ground playstyle? Or the convoluted hocus-pocus of making a puppeteer character? Or the convoluted hocus-pocus of balancing an all-projectile character? Or the convoluted hocus-pocus of making a character that can basically switch playstyles and physics on the go? I guess you could also call turning costumes into full-fledged characters a convoluted process, especially with the balancing part...oh...and wasn't it a convoluted hocus-pocus to make a three-style customizable fighter with variable weight and outfits that has access to 3 times the moveset of all characters? Wasn't that convoluted?

Basically "Instead of putting EFFORT into something that the Metroid fanbase has rightfully demanded and defended FOR YEARS, I figured it'd be better to keep Ridley as it currently is, the way I like it, and have him bending over to anyone who beats him up enough, completely ****ting on the fact that his character's based on how cunning, smart and egoistical he is, rather than some mundane thing like his size"

I hope this was at least a decent read for anyone who's as angry at this man as I am right now, there's nothing that pisses me off more that a man that goes back and forth on his word like a freaking Tennis match. The thing that angers me the most was the 'shrink his wings' bit, it's like this man has never even touched a Metroid game.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm more curious as to what happened while I was gone that would cause people to overreact when a certain someone's name is mentioned.

And I'm only playing along to avoid asinine replies that don't tell me anything other than "GASP YOU SAID IT"
It's because D-idara has a tendency of causing havoc in this thread.
Granted it doesn't help that some tend to add fuel to the fire.

Edit: Never mind.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Reading the comments section just made this even more awesome
"Shulk was awesome, but he needed work. Shulk deserved to win but lost to shulk. But shulk was terrible, but not as bad as shulk. The worst was shulk. he couldn't reach the level of shulk. but shulk had a lot of potential, but shulk was better overall. Overall, I'm satisfied that shulk won, but would like to see shulk win next time."
Is Shulk a word anymore?
Edit: Oh no...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh wait he's unbanned? IGNORE BUTTON YOU ARE MY SAVIOR! Thou shalt protect me from thy enemies and annoying persons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
YOU KNOW WHAT!?
I'm not going to rant, I'm merely going to explain how Sakurai simply hates Ridley and Metroid in general and how he's a complete hypocrite. These statements clash so much with how the final product looks like, and it bugs me that he can't outright say "I don't like the Metroid series" rather than giving us this goldmine of words that don't match up at all...

“I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer, It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely.”
:4bowser::4charizard::4ganondorf::4olimar::4alph::4pikachu::4kirby::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::4dedede:
:4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4charizard::4darkpit::4ganondorf::4kirby::4metaknight::4palutena::4pit::rosalina:
Also, the 'or its wings reduced in size' is particularily troubling, as the METROID SERIES HAS DONE THIS BEFORE WITHOUT BREAKING ANY OF RIDLEY'S CHARACTER, THE METROID SERIES, apparently you're more accurate than the goddamn source material, Sakurai:

“Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to,” he continued. “If I don’t stick to that thought, then we’d have to lower the quality or break the balance of the game. Something that goes way off spec could break the entire game.”
:4bowser:: Has an animal voice because Sakurai liked it better, because the Mario series doesn't exist and neither does SHOWTIME! or Bowser's current, well-liked portrayal as an expressive villain with attitude.
:4dk:: Has an animal voice because Sakurai liked it better, because his visual design totally doesn't match up with his actual voice from the actual Donkey Kong games, where he's expressive and memorable. The lack of a Barrel Throw move seems odd, especially considering that both his UpB and SideB are non-canon, made-up moves.
:4ganondorf:: Do I even need to touch this one? Ganondorf literally draws zero content from the Zelda series for his moveset, and he's been stuck 3 games as a clone of character he has nothing to do with. Precious, simply precious, the main villain of one of Nintendo's biggest series IS A CLONE OF ANOTHER SERIES' CHARACTER.
:4samus::4zss:: The suitless Samus somehow has a higher damage output and physical capabilities than the one with the Power Suit. You know? The physically-enhancing, almighty, technologically-advanced alien combat suit that's often associated the most with the Metroid series?
:4tlink:: Uses absolutely zero unique content from Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hourglass on his moveset.
:4wario::4wario2:: Complete lack of Wario Land representation, and most of his moves aren't even based on WarioWare, so he's basically made up on the spot, really faithful to the Wario series.

Oh, let's look at some characters with perfect portrayals that draw a ton from their respective games...
:4pit:: Entire moveset change to be more accurate to the source material? Of course!
:4darkpit:: He has to exist because he couldn't use the Three Sacred Treasures, screw the Triforce Slash, the Zero Laser, the Great Aether, Giga Bowser, Peach Blossom, Balloon Puff, Mario Finale, Megaman Legends (This one gets a pass), Difussion Beam and Power Star never being things on the actual games, Dark Pit can't be seen using the Three Sacred Treasures. Oh, not to mention the Koopalings turning into Shadow Mario, I guess they should all be characters because they shouldn't be turning into Shadow Mario, IT'S NOT CANON, THE HORROR!
:4palutena:: The only flaw about Palutena's representation would be her voice actress, but she still sounds pretty similar, even...
:4metaknight::4dedede::4kirby:: All pretty much a copy of their respective game counterparts, all drawing heavy inspiration from canon.

“Instead of going through a lot of very convoluted hocus-pocus to make Ridley a fighter, I figured it’d be better to keep Ridley as it currently is, the correct way, and have it feel like a truly threatening presence,”

What about the convoluted hocus-pocus of balancing a character based on an all-ground playstyle? Or the convoluted hocus-pocus of making a puppeteer character? Or the convoluted hocus-pocus of balancing an all-projectile character? Or the convoluted hocus-pocus of making a character that can basically switch playstyles and physics on the go? I guess you could also call turning costumes into full-fledged characters a convoluted process, especially with the balancing part...oh...and wasn't it a convoluted hocus-pocus to make a three-style customizable fighter with variable weight and outfits that has access to 3 times the moveset of all characters? Wasn't that convoluted?

Basically "Instead of putting EFFORT into something that the Metroid fanbase has rightfully demanded and defended FOR YEARS, I figured it'd be better to keep Ridley as it currently is, the way I like it, and have him bending over to anyone who beats him up enough, completely ****ting on the fact that his character's based on how cunning, smart and egoistical he is, rather than some mundane thing like his size"

I hope this was at least a decent read for anyone who's as angry at this man as I am right now, there's nothing that pisses me off more that a man that goes back and forth on his word like a freaking Tennis match. The thing that angers me the most was the 'shrink his wings' bit, it's like this man has never even touched a Metroid game.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
YOU KNOW WHAT!?

Thanks a lot @SmashRiver64 :glare:
Don't kill me pls.
It cant go through hell because it was locked
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/space-pirates-luxurious-mansion.1760/

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'm moderately feeling something. :4shulk:
You're getting there. One day, at a time that the powers of the Monado align, that time will be Shulk time. And if you can get a good rhythm going, then you'll truly, actually be REALLY feeling it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well I'm gonna leave till the thread calms down a bit. I fear that it'll only get worse as time goes on...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You know guys, if you want someone to stop bothering you, the best thing you can do is not give them attention.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
What...? There wasn't a single bit of opinion on that post, all of that is facts...
I'm really feeling the double-standards.

I'm also really feeling the 12-year-old behavior.
Yeah, I'm feeling it too. It's coming from your soul.
"I'm not going to rant!"
*INSERT ANGRY WALL OF TEXT HERE*

@SmashRiver64 you must repent for your sins. No Dr. Mario during the weekdays.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
What...? There wasn't a single bit of opinion on that post, all of that is facts...
I'm really feeling the double-standards.

I'm also really feeling the 12-year-old behavior.
You know the "My heart is really feeling it" wasnt directed to you, right? Anyway onto a diffrent topic.
What is everyones phone ring tones. My text noise is the Cape twirl from mario and my call tone is a Tomodachi life song
@SmashRiver64 you must repent for your sins. No Dr. Mario during the weekdays.
DONT TAKE HIS LICENSE. Dr Luigi will be lonley D:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You're getting there. One day, at a time that the powers of the Monado align, that time will be Shulk time. And if you can get a good rhythm going, then you'll truly, actually be REALLY feeling it.
That's nice and all, but will you be able to feel the power, and say with confidence that the future is yours to decide and you can change the future?

D

Deleted member

You know guys, if you want someone to stop bothering you, the best thing you can do is not give them attention.
Or ignore them. My ignore list is filled entirely of people that I don't want to speak to, or don't want to speak to me, and I can continue my forum-ing as I please.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
You know the "My heart is really feeling it" wasnt directed to you, right? Anyway onto a diffrent topic.
What is everyones phone ring tones. My text noise is the Cape twirl from mario and my call tone is a Tomodachi life song
I'm still looking for a Sympathy for the Devil 'Woo Woo' as text noise, but still haven't found it. :(

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
That's nice and all, but will you be able to feel the power, and say with confidence that the future is yours to decide and you can change the future?
Yes, because I see a vision, and when I see it, I can sneak up on the future, and slash it in its back.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Or ignore them. My ignore list is filled entirely of people that I don't want to speak to, or don't want to speak to me, and I can continue my forum-ing as I please.
That's one way to accomplish the thing I said, yes.

I'm still looking for a Sympathy for the Devil 'Woo Woo' as text noise, but still haven't found it. :(
And now the song is stuck in my head. :4mii:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Regarding to Ridley for a second, but it's one of those cases that emphasizes why I think think the fanbase needs to shut up and eat their garbage. I mean, I'm upset over the DLC because it gives people that excuse to complain, further enforced by the dreadful Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom