• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really gotta say, Force palm punching a Lucina who uses her taunt and says "come at me" feels really good.
There is a joke in that but I don't think this is the kind of audience that would appreciate it

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
The Mother 4 fan game is still going strong, huh? Interested to see how the story plays out. They sure a devoted fanbase.

----

At the risk of getting an off-topic warning, and disgusting insect haters...

I didn't care much for them at first, but I find young Mosquitos rather adorable.

I mean, look how the pupae are active and free swimming, and the way they move around and swim upward by somersaulting and flicking their abdomen/tail thing.

Wrigglers gonna wriggle. Tumblers gonna tumble.

They kinda remind me of Brine Shrimp/Sea Monkeys. I had some when I was younger.

It's just a shame that they (the females) grow up to be such annoying and deadly vectors of disease. If not for that,then I'd enjoy putting some larvae in a still water tank and watch them grow like caterpillars...

Why are some fat and some thin?
The long thin ones are the larvae. The fat comma-shaped ones are the pupae.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Mother 4 fan game is still going strong, huh? Interested to see how the story plays out. They sure a devoted fanbase.

----

I didn't care much for them at first, but I find young Mosquitos rather adorable.

I mean, look how the pupae are active and free swimming, and the way they move around and swim upward by somersaulting and flicking their abdomen/tail thing.

They kinda remind me of Brine Shrimp/Sea Monkeys. I had some when I was younger.

It's just a shame that they (the females) grow up to be such annoying and deadly vectors of disease. If not for that,then I'd enjoy putting some larvae in a still water tank and watch them grow like caterpillars...
Why are some fat and some thin?

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606

----

I don't think you will get in trouble for being off-topic here.:)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I guess I'm the only one that cares about Tekken 7 here. Because it looks good. Though hopefully it'll be closer to Tekken 5 and less like Tekken 6. Still, the Super Armor thing is cool. I don't think we've had much of that in Tekken.

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606
I guess I'm the only one that cares about Tekken 7 here. Because it looks good. Though hopefully it'll be closer to Tekken 5 and less like Tekken 6. Still, the Super Armor thing is cool. I don't think we've had much of that in Tekken.
Well I haven't played tekken since 5 probably because I suck at it...:facepalm:

AveryisAwesome

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Kingytp546
What's wrong with Tekken 6? That game was great. Especially the story mode.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Is that weird that I haven't noticed the cultist on first look, but the impression of deja vu from reading "blue blue"...lol.

Btw, speaking of earthbound, I LOVE THE NEW WINTER THEME!!!

and that wasn't even the full version (because lossy compression...what is the bitrate of youtube audio btw?).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well I haven't played tekken since 5 probably because I suck at it...:facepalm:
I'm not the best at Tekken either(I'm decent at best, with like 3 characters). But it's one of my all time favorite video game series. Tekken 3 was the first game I remember ever playing. So I'm always excited to see what the next installment brings up.

What's wrong with Tekken 6? That game was great. Especially the story mode.
Not much. Overall it's still a great game. And it did make improvements in certain areas. But the juggling and bouncing mechanics is a bit weird to me. Though that style works better in TAG 2 than it does in Tekken 6.

Still, I need to see the main man, Jin Kazama in Tekken 7. I wonder if his design will be changed this time. So far, only King and Kazuya have different costumes. It's still early on, so I don't know how different every one will look.

Last edited:

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606
I'm not the best at Tekken either(I'm decent at best, with like 3 characters). But it's one of my all time favorite video game series. Tekken 3 was the first game I remember ever playing. So I'm always excited to see what the next installment brings up.
The only character I was decent with was devil jin.
I remember that I hated the final boss he was so unfair.:glare:

D

Deleted member

The US tax is approximatively 7%?

While in Quebec, it's 15%...

ok...
Keep in mind that sales tax rates differ from state to state. (eg. here in Arizona it's only about 5.5% while it's around 7.5% in Florida.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The only character I was decent with was devil jin.
I remember that I hated the final boss he was so unfair.:glare:
Yeah most of the Mishima's are really good. I use normal Jin the most, even if he was Meta-Knight level broken in Tekken 4. Though I like using Nina, Raven, Steve, Kazuya and Eddie/Christie too.

Though which final boss do you think was broken? Ogre in 3 was pretty easy for me. But Jinpachi in Tekken 5 will always give me problems. He's too good.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Keep in mind that sales tax rates differ from state to state, here in Arizona it's only about 5.5% while it's around 7.5% in Florida.
Yeah, I just didn't know that it could go that low.

I guess the more I know!

(seriously, I got so used to those taxes that I'm fine with them, but surprised to see a big difference).

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606
Yeah most of the Mishima's are really good. I use normal Jin the most, even if he was Meta-Knight level broken in Tekken 4. Though I like using Nina, Raven, Steve, Kazuya and Eddie/Christie too.

Though which final boss do you think was broken? Ogre in 3 was pretty easy for me. But Jinpachi in Tekken 5 will always give me problems. He's too good.
Tekken 5 boss stupid recovery move.:ohwell:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

mibthebladefighter

Smash Rookie
Anyone with twitter going to ask what Mewtwo is in smash 4? Reggie is suppose to be answering questions on NOA twitter with like some hashtag tomorrow.

No smash fan wants to ask if Mewtwo is "He" or "She" and squash the confusion , if it is possible to?

Nintendo direct wasn't very clear and people assume its male voiced one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Meanwhile the 3DS will sell units thanks to ORAS.
It's almost like every time someone brings up the Wii U, you have to bring up something about the 3DS to compensate.
Not sure if it works too well but A for effort.
Sorry, I don't have that.

How about black for the "2edgy4me"?
You don't have the Surprise color?
Do your parents hate you or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's almost like every time someone brings up the Wii U, you have to bring up something about the 3DS to compensate.
I'm still waiting for the trumpets, as I'm disappointed in the lack of them.
It's like they don't want to make a quality Pokemon game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Meanwhile the 3DS will sell units thanks to ORAS.
And Smash, and Pokemon X/Y, and A Link Between Worlds, and Mario Kart 7, which still has ads to this day.

There's also some legit E-Shop games. Shovel Knight and Mega Man and ****. It's a good system.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

You don't have the Surprise color?
Do your parents hate you or something?
I lost it under the cabinet. :crying:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom