• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hold the ****ing phone there guys: ITS ONLY 8 DAYS?! I haven't been keeping proper track! so hype.
I know it's off topic, but I keep staring and getting a chuckle here and there looking at that suicidal bomb guy on your sig. Is that some kinda Kirby enemy or something?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I tried once, but all he did was snarl at me.
Well, yeah, did you not expect that from my counterpart?

See, I'm pretty civilized about things despite my undead heritage, but he's fallen prey to his more... Animalistic side? I think that's the best way to describe it.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm not sure if I should get an N64 controller adapter or not.

On one hand, it's a novelty that will probably wear off very fast.

On the other hand, it's a fun novelty.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Still was waiting to see if they'd make a solid green 3DS. Waiting and waiting and waiting. The red one looked cool so I went with that.

Next time Nintendo makes a handheld, I should just stick with black though.

D

Deleted member

Why doesn't Nintendo make transparent controllers anymore?
I felt like the coolest kid around with my ballin' transparent N64 controller.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
I know it's off topic, but I keep staring and getting a chuckle here and there looking at that suicidal bomb guy on your sig. Is that some kinda Kirby enemy or something?
Yeah, that's a Poppy Bro sidekick from Kirby Super Star :D the CPUs are surprisingly smart in that game (sometimes).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, yeah, did you not expect that from my counterpart?

See, I'm pretty civilized about things despite my undead heritage, but he's fallen prey to his more... Animalistic side? I think that's the best way to describe it.
Well I hope so. I'd rather not see Death again.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why doesn't Nintendo make transparent controllers anymore?
I felt like the coolest kid around with my ballin' transparent N64 controller.
Don't you remember? The great Jelly pandemic of '99? Many lost their lives being consumed by their jelliness. All because they didn't have them fresh ass transparent controllers.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Don't you remember? The great Jelly pandemic of '99? Many lost their lives being consumed by their jelliness. All because they didn't have them fresh *** transparent controllers.
I can't say I remember that.

Well, I'm not the kind of undead that would eat you or anything, so I don't think you should worry about that.
Well jokes on you! I'm already eaten! So you have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I just finished writing out a post in another thread, and @ Backgammon Backgammon locked it seconds before I hit post.

I already thought it out and typed it, so I don't want it to go to waste.

[collapse=Thoughts on clones]
Dark Pit is a character that is both very similar to, and completely different from Pit. Within Uprising, he was created as a clone of Pit, yet was shown to have his own personality. In the source game, he even plays similar to Pit, so his clone status is justified.

Could Dark Pit have been an alt costume? Yes, but ultimately, a clone barely takes any effort to create, he just happens to take up an imaginary "slot." Whether he was a costume or a clone, the amount of effort is the exact same, assets were just altered.

Dr. Mario and Lucina are in the exact same position. All the same moves with just slightly different properties, this took no more effort than copy/pasting Mario and Marth. The Dr. Tornado is also just ripped from Luigi, still minimal effort.

Some people are complaining that they should have just been alts, but that would have taken the same effort as making clones.
The clones did not "steal" any "slots." If we didn't have the clones, then the roster would just be three spaces smaller.

I'm upset over the lost characters too, but I'm not going to take it out on characters that had nothing to do with the cuts.
[/collapse]

For all the people who keep whining about the clones.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I just finished writing out a post in another thread, and @ Backgammon Backgammon locked it seconds before I hit post.

I already thought it out and typed it, so I don't want it to go to waste.

[collapse=Thoughts on clones]
Dark Pit is a character that is both very similar to, and completely different from Pit. Within Uprising, he was created as a clone of Pit, yet was shown to have his own personality. In the source game, he even plays similar to Pit, so his clone status is justified.

Could Dark Pit have been an alt costume? Yes, but ultimately, a clone barely takes any effort to create, he just happens to take up an imaginary "slot." Whether he was a costume or a clone, the amount of effort is the exact same, assets were just altered.

Dr. Mario and Lucina are in the exact same position. All the same moves with just slightly different properties, this took no more effort than copy/pasting Mario and Marth. The Dr. Tornado is also just ripped from Luigi, still minimal effort.

Some people are complaining that they should have just been alts, but that would have taken the same effort as making clones.
The clones did not "steal" any "slots." If we didn't have the clones, then the roster would just be three spaces smaller.

I'm upset over the lost characters too, but I'm not going to take it out on characters that had nothing to do with the cuts.
[/collapse]

For all the people who keep whining about the clones.
I'm just upset that Lucina didn't even get one new animation or one tweaked physical attribute. She just feels like a massive waste. I woulda' been fine with a Melee Falco or Dark Pit-esque cloning for her, but she didn't even get that.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm just upset that Lucina didn't even get one new animation or one tweaked physical attribute. She just feels like a massive waste. I woulda' been fine with a Melee Falco or Dark Pit-esque cloning for her, but she didn't even get that.
I actually think Lucina is the best of the clones, and though I usually prefer the original, she even beats Marth for me.

She actually has good alts, rather than nothing but blue hair. She can also put her mask on in the middle of a match.

Though her moves are all the same, the lack of the tipper and the altered stats make her play very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom