• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Why do you say that? Nintendo kept the Ice Climbers around for three two games. Phoenix Wright is on the rise. Why not promote him with the Great Ace Attorney and Ace Attorney 6 on the horizon?

Plus we are talking about Smash Bros. 6 or 7 not 4. UMvC3 will be dead by then.
It might be a bit too soon to be talking about Smash 6 or 7. The rate at which these games are coming out, Smash 6 will come out sometime around 2025. Then again, I suppose its never too late? Maybe we should start with Smash 5 if we're gonna get the hype train out of the station that many years before boarding even starts.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It might be a bit too soon to be talking about Smash 6 or 7. The rate at which these games are coming out, Smash 6 will come out sometime around 2025. Then again, I suppose its never too late? Maybe we should start with Smash 5 if we're gonna get the hype train out of the station that many years before boarding even starts.
Smash 6 is the next one, according to Sakurai.

I believe he said 3DS is 4 and WiiU is 5, or at least that the two make up 4 and 5.

kylexv

Smash Master
Wanted to get this out of my head
All Omega stages and how they differ:

Regular (Like the regular Final Destination):

Final Destination (Obviously)
Battlefield
3D Land
Rainbow Road
Jungle Japes
Spirit Train
Brinstar
Corneria
Prism Tower
Magicant
Mute City
Arena Ferox
Flat Zone 2
Gaur Plain

Rectangular:

Golden Plains
Paper Mario
Mushroomy Kingdom
WarioWare Inc.
Dream Land
Unova Pokemon League
Reset Bomb Forest
Distant Planet
Tortimer Island
PictoChat 2
Balloon Fight
Living Room
Tomodachi Life
Green Hill Zone
Wily Castle
Pac-Maze

Mix (Rectangular, but has edges sticking out):

Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Gerudo Valley
Boxing Ring

Unique:

Find Mii (This one's interesting. It's shaped like the Regular ones, but it gets rectangular near the bottom of the screen)

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Personally, if I were to choose a second Capcom rep, it'd be Ryu from Street Fighter. I also would like Phoenix Wright, but I would like Ryu much more. Then again, Sega, Namco, Capcom and Konami have only been able to put in one character in the Smash games so far, so I doubt a second Capcom rep would happen unless Smash 5 changes that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can we all just agree that Nintendo vs Capcom would be the hypest fighting game crossover ever? I seriously mean it. Because not much else could compete with that idea in my eyes. Just think about it.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Can we all just agree that Nintendo vs Capcom would be the hypest fighting game crossover ever? I seriously mean it. Because not much else could compete with that idea in my eyes. Just think about it.
That would an good idea. They can combine both Smash and SF (Maybe even Marvel) game mechanics.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The point isn't that Phoenix appeared in another fighting game, more that he appeared in a recent one that is still relevant and is played at the biggest fighting game event. It just doesn't seem like Capcom would want to put him in another fighting game if UMvC3 if it's still relevant by the time the next Smash comes or if DLC is confirmed.
Then again I already admitted to not knowing what the **** I'm talking about so there ya go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Didn't Roll only use that in MvC? I don't like a character in Smash just using their moves from another fighting game.
Mega Man uses the Mega Upper from MvC.
Also, just because you don't like something doesn't mean the universe has to do what you say.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
"Shadow the Hedgehog's introduction into the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise took the series down a much darker and grimmer path. Sonic Adventurehad a larger share of dark moments than any of the previous games but ultimately contained an upbeat tone. Sonic Adventure 2 (Shadow's debut) is certifiably a point at which the series started experimenting with much heavier themes and Shadow was certainly a catalyst in the series' move in that direction (which continued all the way up to Sonic Unleashed)."

TV Tropes is giving Shadow a little too much credit here. If anything, Chaos from Sonic Adventure arguably started the darker and edgier trend with the Sonic franchise (which will sadly go on with the likes of the Lost World's Deadly Six and Sonic Boom's Lyric) for the sake of pleasing the fans that hated the light tone in the franchise. Then again, most Sonic fans don't even know what they really want in the games. :eyerolls:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Mega Man uses the Mega Upper from MvC.
Also, just because you don't like something doesn't mean the universe has to do what you say.
Mega Upper = one move to represent a fighting game he was in

Roll shouldn't have an entire moveset copy and pasted from another fighting game.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
What we arguing about now? I just came back from playing A Link to the Past. (close to completing on my first time.)

Also,

8 DAYS.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Mega Upper = one move to represent a fighting game he was in

Roll shouldn't have an entire moveset copy and pasted from another fighting game.
What makes you so sure that Roll will be nothing but a moveset swap of MvC? Mega Man was in that game, and look what they did to him.
And once again, if Sakurai wants to use Roll's moveset from that game, by all means he can do it. You're not the decider of what gets and and what doesn't. Nintendo (along with Capcom) decide that.

I have a feeling there's more to this than you're telling me.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
And?
I think I need some glasses, because I can't see your point.
It's as simple as you see it.
The guy made movesets for everything you can think of (Including the Kitchen Pac-Sink).
He can do magic.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Hold the ****ing phone there guys: ITS ONLY 8 DAYS?! I haven't been keeping proper track! so hype.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Hold the ****ing phone there guys: ITS ONLY 8 DAYS?! I haven't been keeping proper track! so hype.
There's a countdown timer on the front page.

Don't stare at it too long though. The slow passage of time might drive you mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom