• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Why would Paper Mario need his own icon?
He doesn't need it, but this is why I think he should:

I don't consider it the same Mario, it's like an AU.
Could elaborate a lot, but if you want me to explain why I said this about his inclusion, it's becausehe got teased with the stage reveal and for the tease to be true, the stage should not be playable in the demo and it would be hidden.

Let me remind you that the name of the stage is "Paper Mario" but because it has a TTYD section, it's really pointing towards this stage repping the series as a whole which means that we should at least see one secontion from either PM64 or SPM,. It really can't end only on 3ds because to use this name with a section from an home console, it makes home console repping with a stage likely thus, making the character likely at all. The tease is how Sakurai and the Famitsu issue alluded to the stage. The POTD said "here's a Paper Mario stage!" while Famitsu not only confirmed the name to be "Paper Mario", but they acted like the bowser castle section from sticker star was not new since there's no description of what's going on. It's like a hit and run and not acknowledged that they revealed this section.

That's why I think he teased him to get his series. They take the series as the "location" for the stage, but the problem is while it's valid to say that rainbow road is a mario series location because mario kart is a sub series, It's not valid to say that Paper Mario as the series ITSELF is a mario location. The location is like acting independently on the mario series because it's the series itself. The only way it could be mario rep and make sense is interpreting that the WHOLE series is a mario one, but again, it would take so much space to rep a whole series instead of a location in the series.

That's why I don't think it's far fetched and it mey even be likely that the stage could rep another series.

But even with this, showing the full stage has high chances to break the tease and so, hurting the chances. Tough, if you ignore the tease, having a stage in itself helps a lot which is why I really hope to not see the stage in the demo.

So, he doesn't need the new icon to be playable, but I was just pointing out that if the stage is there, mario icon guaranted and most likely, his chance being hurt.

But I wasn't saying "if mario icon = not playable". I was saying that to learn the icon that way is hurting him.

Tough, I made this possible icon if you want to know what it could be: his hammer

kylexv

Smash Master
I know about Five Nights at Freddies.

But for those of you who have played it, is it truly "The scariest game in years"?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

But for those of you who have played it, is it truly "The scariest game in years"?
Eh. It's mostly jump scares with a creepy atmosphere.
Though I'll admit, the idea of it is something new, and surprised it has not been done before (to my knowledge).

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion

Its only really scary because the game tends to stress people out in order to make the jump scars scarier, once you get used to the ****ing jump scares it's just a Nintendo Hard game.

Lozjam

Smash Champion

It will literally take your mind, shred it apart, and replace memories of your childhood with nightmares

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Saw the Bayonetta Direct. Can't say it's my cup of tea but I can see why others like it. A very information Direct as well.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I like FNaF because it's pretty much the opposite of the average horror game.

You usually wander around a creepy place and stumble upon 'scery munsters' that you easily dispatch/get around quickly.

But in Freddy's, you don't move, you know they're there, you can't get away or beat them. And they're coming for you.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I like FNaF because it's pretty much the opposite of the average horror game.

You usually wander around a creepy place and stumble upon 'scery munsters' that you easily dispatch/get around quickly.

But in Freddy's, you don't move, you know they're there, you can't get away or beat them. And they're coming for you.
So what is the objective of the game?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Paper Mario is worthy of being seen as its own series in Smash.
I guess the hammer would work as a series symbol. It's been one of Paper Mario's primary weapons of choice since the start. Not exactly sure, though.

All horror games are the scariest games in years to me.
Ring: Terror's Realm.

*splourge*

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Man it'd be bad *** to have some Bravely Default music in Smash.

Namely "That Person's Name Is" and "Love's Vagrant".
Yes yes yes. Though, replace Love's Vagrant with baby bird for me and you got my ultimate Bravely default music list for Smash.

I hope we at least get a trophy for the game...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Bayonetta 2 isn't really a game I had too much interest in and nothing I've seen has really changed that. It looks like an awesome game, so I know that's more a problem with me then the game itself.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
The thing is that the hammer is iconic in the Mario & Luigi RPG series as well.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
He doesn't need it, but this is why I think he should:

Could elaborate a lot, but if you want me to explain why I said this about his inclusion, it's becausehe got teased with the stage reveal and for the tease to be true, the stage should not be playable in the demo and it would be hidden.

Let me remind you that the name of the stage is "Paper Mario" but because it has a TTYD section, it's really pointing towards this stage repping the series as a whole which means that we should at least see one secontion from either PM64 or SPM,. It really can't end only on 3ds because to use this name with a section from an home console, it makes home console repping with a stage likely thus, making the character likely at all. The tease is how Sakurai and the Famitsu issue alluded to the stage. The POTD said "here's a Paper Mario stage!" while Famitsu not only confirmed the name to be "Paper Mario", but they acted like the bowser castle section from sticker star was not new since there's no description of what's going on. It's like a hit and run and not acknowledged that they revealed this section.

That's why I think he teased him to get his series. They take the series as the "location" for the stage, but the problem is while it's valid to say that rainbow road is a mario series location because mario kart is a sub series, It's not valid to say that Paper Mario as the series ITSELF is a mario location. The location is like acting independently on the mario series because it's the series itself. The only way it could be mario rep and make sense is interpreting that the WHOLE series is a mario one, but again, it would take so much space to rep a whole series instead of a location in the series.

That's why I don't think it's far fetched and it mey even be likely that the stage could rep another series.

But even with this, showing the full stage has high chances to break the tease and so, hurting the chances. Tough, if you ignore the tease, having a stage in itself helps a lot which is why I really hope to not see the stage in the demo.

So, he doesn't need the new icon to be playable, but I was just pointing out that if the stage is there, mario icon guaranted and most likely, his chance being hurt.

But I wasn't saying "if mario icon = not playable". I was saying that to learn the icon that way is hurting him.

Tough, I made this possible icon if you want to know what it could be: his hammer

Traditional Mario, or non-Paper Mario if you please, uses a hammer as well, in games such as Donkey Kong, Super Mario RPG, the Mario and Luigi games and even briefly in a cut scene in 3D World if I recall correctly.

Maybe a Paper Airplane icon would be better.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Only scary game is Silent Hill 2. But then again, I only Buy horror games if I know i'll brick myself while playing it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Someone needs to draw Dark Pit prancing around with the caption "Haters gonna hate".

That or him poorly disguised as Ridley (Ridley mask, fake wings and tail props), with a bored look and the caption "Fine, happy now?".

He really seems to be the R.O.B. of this game when it comes to getting flak from salty fans and being the scapegoat of the roster.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yes yes yes. Though, replace Love's Vagrant with baby bird for me and you got my ultimate Bravely default music list for Smash.

I hope we at least get a trophy for the game...
Honestly I'm not much'a fan of Baby Bird. It sounds like Sonic mixed with Kenny G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom