• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I cant remember what did Sakarai show off the week before Brawl came out in japan

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ironically, the creator of the CN show Clarence (Skylar Page) was fired over sexual harassment a while ago. I guess we can all say R.I.P. in case the team can't do a Season 2 without his direction.

And I'm not surprised by Jeff being the "Scrappy" of the fanbase since many of his freakouts were overdramatic and uncalled for. Then there's his creepy opinions of women (Like him getting pissed off at Clarence for getting a girlfriend before him anyone?).

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I`m in front of the ch4 door and I`m about to start it.

So far,

Even tough it's far from TTYD, several stuff from TTYD are in this game and some are even copy pasted which isn't a bad thing with the majority being more a modified version to fit the gameplay.

I'll say it right away: I don't understand the hate. For me, there's enough RPG in it to tell that it's not just a platformer, but more of an RPG IN a platformer so, both at the same time. I agree that real time could mean less possibilities, but you still have enough to make it good. Also, from someone who suck at 2d mario platformer, I don't here since it's made to work with the RPG side which I like. I seem to view the game to be underrated on that level.

As for the story, I apparently got spoiled by the game itself on an info that should be revealed later (it's the identity of Timpani) after beating the 10th floor of the pit of 100 trials. I hope there's no other inconsistencies like this because for now, it's a huge tease. I even know why the story can be that good if I look at the TEC story from TTYD, this game has a whole plot based on the same theme: love.

Now, the quality is so far the best part: Music, good - design is same as TTYD with slight modification = still awesome - text quality...

THE BEST JOKES EVER!!!

Ok, I loved TTYD 4th wall jokes, but the boss encounter is another level. Fracktail being just hilarious if you use Windows, the quiz being wth? and the ch3...ah the ch3-4: that was so unexpected to go THAT far in 4th jokes departement. Really, to make a whole parody on fans and spice it with several TTYD reference, I think they love the number 3 because so far, both TTYD and SPM has ch 3 as the best. Then, every Pixl encounter are just either silly or funny as heck. I love the text quality here with the only downside of not being constant and be really intense at some point.

On a side note, the more and more I play SPM, the more and more I want Pixl in his moveset if playable especially thoreau as grabs.
Glad to hear it! Hope you have fun with the game!
Honestly though, When you finish it I really want to know your opinion on the final game. It just makes me really happy to hear someone who doesn't hate SPM for a change.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Goro has been confirmed to show up in MKX. As a pre-order character. Which is weird.You'd think that a few others would be shown first.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Glad to hear it! Hope you have fun with the game!
Honestly though, When you finish it I really want to know your opinion on the final game. It just makes me really happy to hear someone who doesn't hate SPM for a change.
Well, I just have to tell you that because of ultimate show, I got spoiled a while ago to who you fight in this music.

Sorry, but even then, with how clueless I am with the story, there's a high chance i would be mind blown soon.

I just can't understand the hate.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ironically, the creator of the CN show Clarence (Skylar Page) was fired over sexual harassment a while ago. I guess we can all say R.I.P. in case the team can't do a Season 2 without his direction.

And I'm not surprised by Jeff being the "Scrappy" of the fanbase since many of his freakouts were overdramatic and uncalled for. Then there's his creepy opinions of women (Like him getting pissed off at Clarence for getting a girlfriend before him anyone?).
I think the rest of the writing staff said that the show will continue. But they'll have to get another voice for Clarence himself. Seeing as Skylar Page was the one voiced him.

I don't watch that show anyway, but it's pretty ****ed up how that happened. Has to suck for the writer he assaulted.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Goro has been confirmed to show up in MKX. As a pre-order character. Which is weird.You'd think that a few others would be shown first.

Ok, thats pushing it. Costumes, fine. Missions, its the edge but whatever. But playable friggin characters, in something like a fighting game where that element is VITAL? This can **** off into space. No, seriously, screw that noise. Locking out characters for pre-orders is the biggest horsepoo I can imagine. Well, maybe not as bad as locking half the cast on the disc and then try to sell it to you later as DLC, but its up there.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well, I just have to tell you that because of ultimate show, I got spoiled a while ago to who you fight in this music.

Sorry, but even then, with how clueless I am with the story, there's a high chance i would be mind blown soon.

I just can't understand the hate.
Aw. That's the best part! I always love hearing what people think of exactly who the final boss is, but whatever. Even if you know where you'll go, you still have to get there first. :)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Aw. That's the best part! I always love hearing what people think of exactly who the final boss is, but whatever. Even if you know where you'll go, you still have to get there first. :)
Well, it's not that much because there was obvious tease before (I don't know who blumiere is, but I have an idea who it might).

Like, I just wait to get mind blown because I know I will. It teases so much with the memory music and text. It's obvious that those texts are the core of the plot and it goes so slowly that it's just waiting to explode at one point. I know how deep and good the text quality can be like TTYD so I know that it's clearly intentional for a big reason.

But, you'll know by then :)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well, it's not that much because there was obvious tease before (I don't know who blumiere is, but I have an idea who it might).

Like, I just wait to get mind blown because I know I will. It teases so much with the memory music and text. It's obvious that those texts are the core of the plot and it goes so slowly that it's just waiting to explode at one point. I know how deep and good the text quality can be like TTYD so I know that it's clearly intentional for a big reason.

But, you'll know by then :)
I look forward to it. :)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ok, thats pushing it. Costumes, fine. Missions, its the edge but whatever. But playable friggin characters, in something like a fighting game where that element is VITAL? This can **** off into space. No, seriously, screw that noise. Locking out characters for pre-orders is the biggest horsepoo I can imagine. Well, maybe not as bad as locking half the cast on the disc and then try to sell it to you later as DLC, but its up there.
Not much to really say on that. Goro is normally a boss character who isn't playable by normal means. I don't really like it either, but it could be worse. Imagine if it was Kitana, Reptile or Kabal. Then it would really suck for them to be pre-order only.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

I don't know much about the guy, but what were the freakouts about and where?

Also, didn't articles mention he was diagnosed with a mental disorder? (Which I imagine are useless in the concept of bad touch.)

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Probably the wrong thread to post this in but oh well Here Is a leak flouting around for the Smash Bros about the smash bros voice cast it also includes Assist trophies I'm not so sure if its real I mean Kirby has two voice actors I'd assume that means there are different Voice actors for Japan and America
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3408266/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Probably the wrong thread to post this in but oh well Here Is a leak flouting around for the Smash Bros about the smash bros voice cast it also includes Assist trophies I'm not so sure if its real I mean Kirby has two voice actors I'd assume that means there are different Voice actors for Japan and America
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3408266/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
I've made the mistake before, so I'll share the news with you.

IMDB can be edited by anyone. And any page can say complete nonsense and false facts.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I've made the mistake before, so I'll share the news with you.

IMDB can be edited by anyone. And any page can say complete nonsense and false facts.
Ah Ok But still there is still a small chance its real not a very high one though

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I wasn't aware that likes were actually important. :4dedede:
Oh they aren't. But being able to make villain speeches out of otherwise unnecessary topics is rather amusing.
Now if you excuse me, I need to get an evil cape. No villain is complete without a cape.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Ah Ok But still there is still a small chance its real not a very high one though
It's not a reliable source, as anyone can stick their favorite character on there. I once saw Phoenix Wright on that page before, which doesn't look to be the case now.

It's best to avoid IMDB for Smash leaks.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't know much about the guy, but what were the freakouts about and where?

Also, didn't articles mention he was diagnosed with a mental disorder? (Which I imagine are useless in the concept of bad touch.)
If you are talking about Jeff, it happens pretty frequently. In the funhouse episode, he nearly killed Clarence just because he took his fries. Then there's everything that happened in the episode "Clarence Gets a Girlfriend". It's heavily implied that he may have OCD.

As for the creator himself, his bipolar disorder had led him to have a mental breakdown (which may had caused him to sexually harass one of the female writers). This happened about halfway through the show's first season.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I kind of wished they used this Star Lord costume in the movie. Not that the movie suit isn't cool in it's own right. But this one looks sick. Maybe they thought it would look too evil or something.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, how's it going?

I'm doing fine. Though I'm awaiting my new bet-induced avatar. And I'm really not looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Less then 8 days, especially if people manage to break street date.
I'm winging life so hard right now.

literally sandbagging life until the release date.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So it seems everyone decided to get a new job.

We'll all be working in the salt mines shortly.

Though I'd rather just go somewhere I can reliably get info without the site crashing...

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
So, how's it going?

I'm doing fine. Though I'm awaiting my new bet-induced avatar. And I'm really not looking forward to it.
I'm trying to figure out what I should do the rest of the day now that my class is over. I don't want to do homework, butttt...

It's been kinda quiet the past few days on here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom