• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I stopped watching PR after Dino Force. The last of the greats, imo. The best for me was Jungle Force. The designs for the Rangers were awesome, and the Zords were amazing.
I stopped watching PR after Space, came back when Time Force was around and really got into that, and then stopped again halfway through SPD, and then they became wizards with flip phones and I kinda didnt care anymore.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

This page details assists and Pokemon and it has the Pac Man ghosts in the top right corner. Confirmation of their AT status?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

This page details assists and Pokemon and it has the Pac Man ghosts in the top right corner. Confirmation of their AT status?
If Skull Kid, Elec Man, Magnus, Isabelle, Dr. Kawashima, Starfy, Takamaru, Knuckle Joe, Devil and Chain Chomp (Also the one in the middle Image I can't make out exactly) are of any evidence, then yessir.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Where did you find that info?

@ PLATINUM7 PLATINUM7
I posted it in the Miiverse Daily Pic thread. I'll repost it here I guess.

I didn't think this deserved a new thread so I'll just post it here. There's a guide book to be released with Smash 3DS in Japan. It was fully scanned on this website.

If you're expecting any megatons, you're in for disappointment. It's just a simple overview for the game. I'll go through it a bit since I know most of us can't read moon runes.

- Custom fighters (repeated information)
- Single player / trophies (repeated information)
- Smash Run (repeated information)
- Some details on a mode seen in the trailer: すれちがい大乱闘 (StreetPass Smash)
-- It's a StreetPass mode, obviously. It's a bit weird minigame where you battle people you StreetPass'd by bouncing off of them on a table thing.

(bottom right, this was also seen in the E3 2014 trailer for like 2 seconds)

- Info for online. Nothing interesting but looks like you can have custom messages for taunts in With Friends again.
- Items/Assist Trophies/Pokemon. Nothing new here.
- Fighter section. This may be interesting but the text is very small and we already know everything here anyway. It details each special move and Final Smash for the starting roster. You can see Palutena's and each of the Mii Fighter's default movesets. I'll say it again: it's the starting roster -- aka, every character on the website sans Lucina.
This is also where Dedede's Final Smash pic came from. I'll post the description though it still doesn't describe how it functions much.
(Basic translation)

デデバースト / "Dedeburst"

吸い込んで引き寄せ、ハンマーで連続攻撃。
"Sucks and draws in, continuously attacking with a hammer."
"Dedeburst" is based on a mini-game in Kirby's Adventure called "Egg Catcher" btw.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If Skull Kid, Elec Man, Magnus, Isabelle, Dr. Kawashima, Starfy, Takamaru, Knuckle Joe, Devil and Chain Chomp (Also the one in the middle Image I can't make out exactly) are of any evidence, then yessir.
That middle image is Ghirahim

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
By the way, it's my birthday.

Now I'm 20.
Happy birthday to you and @xSoul !
Hope you guys enjoy your days!

Pretty good to see that certain characters are getting new final smashes. Like Toon Link, Sheik, Mario. Nevertheless maybe there is hope for Ganondorf and his staticky FS. Who knows, maybe that is why he hasn't been confirmed yet, a retool perhaps?
Oh well 7 days left, until all is revealed.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
By the way, it's my birthday.

Now I'm 20.
Happy birthday.

Happy birthday to you and @xSoul !
Hope you guys enjoy your days!

Pretty good to see that certain characters are getting new final smashes. Like Toon Link, Sheik, Mario. Nevertheless maybe there is hope for Ganondorf and his staticky FS. Who knows, maybe that is why he hasn't been confirmed yet, a retool perhaps?
Oh well 7 days left, until all is revealed.
Or maybe Ganondorf isn't confirmed yet because he's a secret character?

Sheik, Mario and Toon Link kept the same Final Smashes from Brawl.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
so there's only 5 pics of the day left...5. FIVE.

you guys remember watching E3 and seeing this game properly announced? Can't believe it's been over a year.
Can't believe I've stayed up every night to see the picture........
at least i'll have a proper sleep schedule when it's released

....FIVE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYvoDkIS7e4

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Happy birthday.

Or maybe Ganondorf isn't confirmed yet because he's a secret character?

Sheik, Mario and Toon Link kept the same Final Smashes from Brawl.
Hence the line through this names. I should've put unlike however. These three had such great potential for FS'es.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe

According to Serebii, Mega Sceptile was supposed to debut in the anime on Sceptember 4th, yet I could find no indication of it in the new episode pics that were updated today.

Joe Merrick, you played me like a damn fiddle!

----
A friend pointed me to this haha.

Basically, it was in a special Mega Evolution segment outside the normal episode. It just showed it using an attack against Alain's Mega Charizard X. We think the footage was from the upcoming special

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Good, I'm not the only one amazed Serebii is here

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
A friend pointed me to this haha.

Basically, it was in a special Mega Evolution segment outside the normal episode. It just showed it using an attack against Alain's Mega Charizard X. We think the footage was from the upcoming special
Oh hey.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Oh hey guys, what's--

*Sees Dedede's new Final Smash*

Uh... Perfect timing on my part with the avatar change, I suppose.

Regardless, in my opinion, it looks like it'll be better than Waddle Dee Army, and it is something Dedede has actually done before, so I can't complain.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Dr. Kawashima looks like a giant with his entire body covered under sand and his huge head the only thing that's not.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well who needs love anyway? :mad088:

View attachment 24135

timetoprobablychangemyavatar
And to believe that this was by the woman behind Inuyasha and Ranma 1/2

Oh, so she's one of those "childhood friend" girlfriends.

If your life is anything like an anime (which it probably is, due to all the furries) then she thinks that you are a massiv pervert.
Why did I read this in Kirie Kojima's voice?

Isabelle's response to her furry fanboys. :troll:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Dedede's new Final Smash: "DedeBurst".

.....I don't even know.....
... So what's up with this? Does he go around the stage randomly throwing bombs?

On the positive side, Masked Dedede could still be an alt.

So they're pretty much stage hazards, part of Pac-Man's attacks, and now ATs too.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I want to know something: is there anyone from JP videos or images as soon as the demo event starts?

Just to know, if we know the stage selection screen and especially the list of stages, please, tag me with whether or not the Paper Mario one is there and the full list if it`s available with a pic preferably. I just want to play spm tonight and so, I just want to let this aside until I come back.

It`s really important to know that for me.

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
Anybody here know of some other sites to find project m online friend codes for the wimmfi patch?
Everybody here is in the US, have no contacts where i live.
Any advice appreciated

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So, I want to know something: is there anyone from JP videos or images as soon as the demo event starts?

Just to know, if we know the stage selection screen and especially the list of stages, please, tag me with whether or not the Paper Mario one is there and the full list if it`s available with a pic preferably. I just want to play spm tonight and so, I just want to let this aside until I come back.

It`s really important to know that for me.
Where are you in SPM, if I might ask? SPM is one of my favorite games, so what do you think of it?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Where are you in SPM, if I might ask? SPM is one of my favorite games, so what do you think of it?
I`m in front of the ch4 door and I`m about to start it.

So far,

Even tough it's far from TTYD, several stuff from TTYD are in this game and some are even copy pasted which isn't a bad thing with the majority being more a modified version to fit the gameplay.

I'll say it right away: I don't understand the hate. For me, there's enough RPG in it to tell that it's not just a platformer, but more of an RPG IN a platformer so, both at the same time. I agree that real time could mean less possibilities, but you still have enough to make it good. Also, from someone who suck at 2d mario platformer, I don't here since it's made to work with the RPG side which I like. I seem to view the game to be underrated on that level.

As for the story, I apparently got spoiled by the game itself on an info that should be revealed later (it's the identity of Timpani) after beating the 10th floor of the pit of 100 trials. I hope there's no other inconsistencies like this because for now, it's a huge tease. I even know why the story can be that good if I look at the TEC story from TTYD, this game has a whole plot based on the same theme: love.

Now, the quality is so far the best part: Music, good - design is same as TTYD with slight modification = still awesome - text quality...

THE BEST JOKES EVER!!!

Ok, I loved TTYD 4th wall jokes, but the boss encounter is another level. Fracktail being just hilarious if you use Windows, the quiz being wth? and the ch3...ah the ch3-4: that was so unexpected to go THAT far in 4th jokes departement. Really, to make a whole parody on fans and spice it with several TTYD reference, I think they love the number 3 because so far, both TTYD and SPM has ch 3 as the best. Then, every Pixl encounter are just either silly or funny as heck. I love the text quality here with the only downside of not being constant and be really intense at some point.

On a side note, the more and more I play SPM, the more and more I want Pixl in his moveset if playable especially thoreau as grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom