• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Mario and Luigi are twin brothers, just not the identical sort of twins. Everyone knows that.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Apparently ORAS won't have character customization.

...I'd be more upset if there were any good customization options in X&Y.
Character customization is something GF could have easily expanded on, and I see no reason why they would remove it (unless there's space limitations) while we have many other features that debuted in X/Y.

I was most likely not going to buy ORAS, at least not initially (I made this choice sometime ago). I really would have liked to see character customization return and the game optimized better, having no frame rate drops like in X/Y, however. Unfortunately, there's no customization and frame rate issues are present. So this is really scoring low points for me. I would love to say that if the game has a decent and intriguing story (something executed better than X/Y at least), I may consider getting ORAS. However, knowing GF, I'm not counting on it. I think I'll read reviews once the game is out. And if ORAS doesn't meet my expectations (especially in the story + character department), then the game will be very low priority for me (I'd rather spend money on a game that I'm far more interested in).

D

Deleted member

Mario and Luigi are twin brothers, just not the identical sort of twins. Everyone knows that.
Fraternal twins.
Like two of my older sisters.

....though Mario Mario and Luigi Mario look considerably more like each other than my sisters do....

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Dark Pit is a clone, I know. They're not twins in the literal sense of the word, but they still look like it.

Their relationship does become sibling-like by the end of the game too.
They're relationship post time skip is a case of Dark Pit realizing that he can't exactly defeat Pit since they literally share blood. "We're connected. No you, no me. Two sides of the same coin" quoting him. As such, I see it somewhat as him being forced into helping Pit for the safety of his own life but still valuing his own philosophies, hence why he tried running away when he revived Pit and still claims to serve himself.

The blood connection also explains why they occasionally share the same mentality despite the contrasting personalities, most notably during the pre-boss battle rallying cry.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If one of Duck Hunt's Wii U Pictures is his little standing dance Taunt
I have the perfect freaking idea

But next one will be a surprise for now :3

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Come to think of it....has it ever been officially stated that "Mario" is also Mario and Luigi's last name?

I do think it was in the live-action movie at least.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
You also get the Gemini Orbitars on the Zodiac Chamber found in Chapter 6, the one where you fight Dark Pit.

Gemini means twins in Latin. It's also my Zodiac sign.

More like a dry orange. Looks like a lot, but since it has no juice, it's completely worthless.

That's what you missed.
Well put cause it's true lol

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Before I started going on Wiki's the Figure club was sort of my go-to place for finding some extra information about enemies in Wind Waker. :laugh: Plus it was fun for me to look at the galleries of the all the figures of the characters/monsters. It was a pain though...I remember going back and forth taking several pictographs of enemies and characters, warping back to the Forest Haven, going inside the gallery, leaving it to play the Song of Passing twice each time, and then go back in the gallery to see the figurene....man, it was a pain yet I still found myself doing them relatively often whenever I didn't have much else to do.

Like with Pikmin 3, I haven't played HD much as of late, really should start up again on it soon. I think I will finally try to finish the figurine quest in the remake as I never could complete it in the original either.
I've done the figurine quest in the original quite a bit too, but due to only being limited to only three pictographs and Carlov only doing one each day, it was indeed quite a long process, probably extending it even towards the second quest I think. But in the HD remake, you can take 12 pictographs now and Carlov will do them all in just one day. so it cuts down on a lot of time. I already have just a few more figurines to go before I've completed the Nintendo Gallery.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've done the figurine quest in the original quite a bit too, but due to only being limited to only three pictographs and Carlov only doing one each day, it was indeed quite a long process, probably extending it even towards the second quest I think. But in the HD remake, you can take 12 pictographs now and Carlov will do them all in just one day. so it cuts down on a lot of time. I already have just a few more figurines to go before I've completed the Nintendo Gallery.
I knew about the improved Pictobox but I didn't know that Carlov would do them all at once. That's a relief to hear.

I've also heard the Tingle Statue quest can still be completed (could never do it in the original as I lack a Gameboy Advance) but has no information directly in the game that can be used to help locate them. I'll have to do some research once I get bombs and get to work on that quest as well. After all I will need Knuckle's figure for the gallery as well.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Super Metroid's Varia Suit Samus joins da Rostah in Project M.
Still waiting for 3D Game & Watch, PMDT.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
How do you do Mr. Mario? And how are you too Mr. Mario?

Which goes with which?

A. How do you do Mr. Mario? :4mario: And how are you too Mr. Mario? :4luigi:
B. How do you do Mr. Mario? :4luigi: And how are you too Mr. Mario? :4mario:

D

Deleted member

How do you do Mr. Mario? And how are you too Mr. Mario?

Which goes with which?

A. How do you do Mr. Mario? :4mario: And how are you too Mr. Mario? :4luigi:
B. How do you do Mr. Mario? :4luigi: And how are you too Mr. Mario? :4mario:
That's Dr. Mario to you, paesano. :4drmario:

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
Learn
  • Mario's full name is given as "Mario Mario" in the Super Mario Bros. movie. In a few isolated cases, this has leaked into other media - for instance, thePrima guide book for Mario Party 2 lists his name as Mario Mario in a note section. Also, when people asked Mario (voiced by Charles Martinet) what his last name was, he had responded with this: "My name's-a Mario Mario. Of course, my brother's name, a-Luigi Mario. And of course, my mama's-a Mama Mia Mario; my papa Papa Pio Mario. Of course, my grandmama Grandmama Mia Mario and my greatpapa et cetera, et cetera. Yeah, first name Mario, last name Mario. Yahoo!".[19] However, Nintendo of America has stated that "there are no last names."[20] This was also recently confirmed by current Nintendo president Satoru Iwata.[21]
    • However, in the games, Shigeru Miyamoto has confirmed that both Mario and Luigi's last names are anonymous and do not relate to their last names in the movie as seen above.
Mama mia, questo nombre isso beautie, ciao

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man Yanmega should have a mega evolution to turn it Bug/Dragon type with... idk for an ability, and Drapion should get one sticking with Poison/Dark type and getting the protean ability.

Soul.

Man Yanmega should have a mega evolution to turn it Bug/Dragon type with... idk for an ability, and Drapion should get one sticking with Poison/Dark type and getting the protean ability.
Tinted Lens Mega Yanmega. Would be pretty good.
Or Speed Boost with an increase in Special Attack....well, it's obvious Yanmega needs a boost in Special Attack and Speed.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I knew about the improved Pictobox but I didn't know that Carlov would do them all at once. That's a relief to hear.

I've also heard the Tingle Statue quest can still be completed (could never do it in the original as I lack a Gameboy Advance) but has no information directly in the game that can be used to help locate them. I'll have to do some research once I get bombs and get to work on that quest as well. After all I will need Knuckle's figure for the gallery as well.
I didn't know that either at first, but when I accidentally went back to him before playing the Song of Passing a second time, I was surprised to find out that he was more than happy to take in more than one request. (He doesn't really tell you where he placed the figurines though but I think that's a nice trade off instead having to play the Song of Passing 24 times.....)

And, yeah, I believe I've seen a video of it on youtube. I think I will have to look up a guide for that as of the Tingle Statues locations as I'm not sure if the game will even tell you of it or has any charts of it...

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
According to a magazine*, these are their names:
:4mario: Mario Tagliate Spadone
:4luigi: Luigi Fungo Spadone
:4wario2: Wario Teufers Ausbruch
:4peach: Peach Soledad Toadstool

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
According to a magazine*, these are their names:
:4mario: Mario Tagliate Spadone
:4luigi: Luigi Fungo Spadone
:4wario2: Wario Teufers Ausbruch
:4peach: Peach Soledad Toadstool
Spadone is a type of noodle.
NIAAAAALED IT

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
They're relationship post time skip is a case of Dark Pit realizing that he can't exactly defeat Pit since they literally share blood. "We're connected. No you, no me. Two sides of the same coin" quoting him. As such, I see it somewhat as him being forced into helping Pit for the safety of his own life but still valuing his own philosophies, hence why he tried running away when he revived Pit and still claims to serve himself.

The blood connection also explains why they occasionally share the same mentality despite the contrasting personalities, most notably during the pre-boss battle rallying cry.
Yeah, I know. He is forced into helping Pit due to his connection to him.

But Dark Pit does have a sense of morality as well, when he is shown to disapprove of eating souls, but that's something pretty much all major characters agree with. Even Hades, considering he takes pleasure in being evil.

Part of his motivation to save Palutena isn't just to protect Pit for his own life. He also agrees to help Pit and the gods to defeat Hades because he condemns Hades's lust for power and control. Still doesn't stop him for calling out on the other gods' power abuse.

He does end up being less of a jerk and care more about Pit (even though he probably wouldn't admit it). Why else would he fly together with Pit at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom