• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
You mean those characters that were done last and took practically no time at all, so if we didn't have them we'd just have three less characters?

Taking out the clones doesn't magically bring Mewtwo back, or anyone else for that matter. Without them, we just have three less characters.
You do realize I wasn't talking about Mewtwo, Ridley or K.Rool? I was talking about Mario, Pit, and (To a lesser extent because Lucina's awesome) Marth. I don't want everyone flocking to Dr. Mario and leaving the REAL hero of the Mushroom Kingdom aside because he has some crappy-ass tornado move, what did Dr. Mario do? Arrange pills? Cure Cancer?
When it comes to clones I do prefer using Toon Link over Link, which is mainly because Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game (and along with Pikmin 2 is one of my top favorite games of all time).
Other than that I don't generally use clones more than the originals (unless you also count Luigi, who's very different from Mario)
I can definitely understand preferring Toon Link because Wind Waker's the best Zelda game to ever exist, but the thought of someone preferring those crappy little puzzle games over the amazing platforming adventures, or someone preferring a Shadow The Hedgehog/Sasuke over the real hero, it turns my stomach.
Oh I wasn't insulted or anything. Just thought it would be easier on me to open up the pathways. I might try and do it all in one go if I decide to replay the game one day though.
I don't know if I'd recommend it, to tell the truth, I mean, it's extremely rewarding, but also extremely infuriating and at times unfair, but god outsmarting that thing with all three captains doing different stuff just feels so incredibly rewarding and cool.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Super Training and Wonder Trade is back for OR/AS
Thank you based Nintendo

D

Deleted member

You do realize I wasn't talking about Mewtwo, Ridley or K.Rool? I was talking about Mario, Pit, and (To a lesser extent because Lucina's awesome) Marth. I don't want everyone flocking to Dr. Mario and leaving the REAL hero of the Mushroom Kingdom aside because he has some crappy-*** tornado move, what did Dr. Mario do? Arrange pills? Cure Cancer?
I can definitely understand preferring Toon Link because Wind Waker's the best Zelda game to ever exist, but the thought of someone preferring those crappy little puzzle games over the amazing platforming adventures, or someone preferring a Shadow The Hedgehog/Sasuke over the real hero, it turns my stomach.
And why should you care what characters people use? Some people prefer the Doc over Mario, get over the fact that not everyone has the same preferences as you, the almighty D-idara, whos opinions are always right and should be followed like the law.

Last edited by a moderator:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Except they're not, they're horrible
That's your opinions mate, I don't think they're "Da worst thing ever!!! Dx"
You will learn to forget and forgive and move on. (I hope)

they take attention away form other fighters
Not really, it's the fans that get way to upset over clones, that why they hog the spotlight.

Soul.

Mega Glalie as well. With Refrigerate. And EXPLOSION.
But I believe its stats aren't good.
Glalie needs an increase in all of its base stats. Ice-type Explosion would be cool, but eh. Return is a lot safer.
Then again I'm just going to play in Pokémon Showdown! if I want to try out the new Mega Evolutions...I don't know. Maybe?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You do realize I wasn't talking about Mewtwo, Ridley or K.Rool? I was talking about Mario, Pit, and (To a lesser extent because Lucina's awesome) Marth. I don't want everyone flocking to Dr. Mario and leaving the REAL hero of the Mushroom Kingdom aside because he has some crappy-*** tornado move, what did Dr. Mario do? Arrange pills? Cure Cancer?
People like different characters and possess different opinions! How scandalous! :rolleyes:

By the way, Dark Pit is among the most popular Nintendo characters in Japan, according to polls. And there, Lucina is the most popular female character of Fire Emblem: Awakening. Like it or not, Dr. Mario is an iconic puzzle game series.

Doesn't that make those characters... deserving?

Keep in mind Nintendo is a Japanese company...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Say, you know who we should really point our hate to? Miis.
I mean, really. What the heck Sakurai! You expect us to make our own characters?! And you won't even bother to let us play 'em online. Waste of potential!

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
InominateD-idaragoesfirst
Didn't Sakurai say something about constantly targeting a single user for no reason? You could try not directly attacking me with one-liner posts asking for me to be banned for stating my opinion and hating characters that have more than a few reasons to be hated with passion.
That's your opinions mate, I don't think they're "Da worst thing ever!!! Dx"
You will learn to forget and forgive and move on. (I hope)
Not really, it's the fans that get way to upset over clones, that why they hog the spotlight.
Only if Dr. Mario's cut for the next Smash, since he never deserved to even exist, same for Dark Pit, the only clone that shhould stay is Lucina. And fans get upset over clones because they're horrible copout to artificially inflate the roster, and before you come with that whole 'bonus' stuff, YES, we'd be happier with three less characters if we didn't have to look at these eyesores.
I mean, really. What the heck Sakurai! You expect us to make our own characters?! And you won't even bother to let us play 'em online. Waste of potential!
Except the Miis have influential history with Nintendo and they're iconic, can't say the same for :4drmario:.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
The latter makes sense in a way. Playing with your own Mii online against a Hitler Mii, a Stalin Mii and a Mussolini Mii wouldn't be fun.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You do realize I wasn't talking about Mewtwo, Ridley or K.Rool? I was talking about Mario, Pit, and (To a lesser extent because Lucina's awesome) Marth.
The Bias is real
I don't want everyone flocking to Dr. Mario and leaving the REAL hero of the Mushroom Kingdom aside because he has some crappy-*** tornado move,
Opinions are everywhere.
what did Dr. Mario do? Arrange pills? Cure Cancer?
Yes, actually.
I can definitely understand preferring Toon Link because Wind Waker's the best Zelda game to ever exist,
The opinion is real
but the thought of someone preferring those crappy little puzzle games over the amazing platforming adventures,
Biasbiadbiasbias
or someone preferring a Shadow The Hedgehog/Sasuke over the real hero, it turns my stomach.
....Not even going to comment on that one.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Didn't Sakurai say something about constantly targeting a single user for no reason? You could try not directly attacking me with one-liner posts asking for me to be banned for stating my opinion and hating characters that have more than a few reasons to be hated with passion.

Only if Dr. Mario's cut for the next Smash, since he never deserved to even exist, same for Dark Pit, the only clone that shhould stay is Lucina. And fans get upset over clones because they're horrible copout to artificially inflate the roster, and before you come with that whole 'bonus' stuff, YES, we'd be happier with three less characters if we didn't have to look at these eyesores.
Speak for yourself, I'd want 51 characters instead of 48.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997

Speaking of clones and cutouts, what did you guys think about Lucas?

I dunno. He was a good clone imo because he played a lot different from his counter part. Different attributes to his specials, completely different aerials, ground game, and aerials. Even a ranged grab. He was DIFFERENT. Not just some character with some type of different gimmic, like how Lucina's blade has no tip bonus but higher damage overall. ...Not being negative about Lucina, just giving an example.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The latter makes sense in a way. Playing with your own Mii online against a Hitler Mii, a Stalin Mii and a Mussolini Mii would be a ton of fun.
Fixed.
Speak for yourself, I'd want 51 characters instead of 48.
I'd want 48 characters and the roster telling me there's 48 rather than having them tell me it's 51 when it's really 48.
Speaking of clones and cutouts, what did you guys think about Lucas?

I dunno. He was a good clone imo because he played a lot different from his counter part. Different attributes to his specials, completely different aerials, ground game, and aerials. Even a ranged grab. He was DIFFERENT. Not just some character with some type of different gimmic, like how Lucina's blade has no tip bonus but higher damage overall. ...Not being negative about Lucina, just giving an example.
I really couldn't care less about gameplay, but Lucas has something over all these disgusting clones, he's actually a different character, that's why Young Link, Pichu, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are so embarrassing, they're the same CHARACTER, the moveset doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The latter makes sense in a way. Playing with your own Mii online against a Hitler Mii, a Stalin Mii and a Mussolini Mii wouldn't be fun.
Who cares about what they'll do? At least he gave us the option in the first place. Besides, they can just report them. Easy, and simple. And another thing, say what you want about the clones, at least Sakurai took the time to actually make them! It's like he gave us a scrap of paper and said "Do it yourself." It's laziness.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This. This is precisely the reason why I was worried Miis would make it in the first place. But now that we know their online use is limited to with Friends only I can't say I'm all that upset about their inclusion.

Doing this, IMO prevented a very likely potential swarm of Miis based on Real/Fictional people spreading online everywhere.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Because that totally happened with Ganondorf, Falco, Pichu, Roy, and Young Link in Melee, right?

Lucina and Marth have different playstyles with their different sword properties.

Pit and Dark Pit are practically interchangeable. Dark Pit will be chosen if the player benefits from his diagonal Electroshock, which is pretty much his only difference, or personal preference, which means Pit also gets playtime as well..

Doc and Mario have vastly different speeds, so they can't be played exactly the same way either. Especially with the different Dair and Down Special.

It's possible to be good with Mario or Marth and be bad with Doc and Lucina, so I don't see a problem here. For example, I'm better with Dark Pit than regular Pit. Not sure why, but that's how it is. None of them are one to one in terms of playstyle. Dark Pit is the closest one to 1:1, but his diagonal Electroshock knockback changes how he follows up compared to Pit's vertical Upperdash.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't know if I'd recommend it, to tell the truth, I mean, it's extremely rewarding, but also extremely infuriating and at times unfair, but god outsmarting that thing with all three captains doing different stuff just feels so incredibly rewarding and cool.
Considering the Plasm Wraith does anything in its power just to get to Olimar and then speedily gets away from you..... I can imagine that, yes. Hence why I decided to focus more on clearing the terrain first. Although I did have it chase me around during the final room towards the exit.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Fixed.

I'd want 48 characters and the roster telling me there's 48 rather than having them tell me it's 51 when it's really 48.
Okay so 48 characters + 3 Miis = 51 different characters

AND YOU WANT:

45 characters + 3 Miis = 48 different characters

??????????????????????????????????????????

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
If you excuse me, I'll go look other threads.

Call me when @ D-idara D-idara stops crying.
I never started, but you can go anyway.
Considering the Plasm Wraith does anything in its power just to get to Olimar and then speedily gets away from you..... I can imagine that, yes. Hence why I decided to focus more on clearing the terrain first. Although I did have it chase me around during the final room towards the exit.
When the loud cymbals start playing after you've made your strategy, you get REALLY nervous.
@ D-idara D-idara you've exceeded your daily salt intake.
You forgot your funny at home.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's a bit hard for me to believe I'm now only 200 posts away from having 10,000 posts and becoming Smash "Legend".

Sometimes i think I spend a little too much time on this site. :laugh:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Didn't Sakurai say something about constantly targeting a single user for no reason?
I don't own SSB4 yet *can'ttameme*
You could try not directly attacking me
OK, I'll let Shokio do it. :troll:
with one-liner posts
Is this formula better? Now you get MULTIPLE ONE-LINERS! EVERYBODY WINS! Well,exceptforthosethatdon'tlikeRidley'sshadeofpurple-ANYWAAAAY~
asking for me to be banned for stating my opinion
IT WAS A JOKE.
and hating characters that have more than a few reasons to be hated with passion.
Not really. :drmario:

Only if Dr. Mario's cut for the next Smash, since he never deserved to even exist,
Bias x1
same for Dark Pit,
Double Bias
the only clone that should stay is Lucina.
ALL THE BIAS. 2STONK
And fans get upset over clones because they're horrible copout to artificially inflate the roster,
Reminds me of another game. :drmario::falcomelee::ganondorfmelee::pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee:
and before you come with that whole 'bonus' stuff,
BOOOOOOOONUS
YES, we'd be happier with three less characters if we didn't have to look at these eyesores.
...No, we wouldn't..YOU would, but that's like 1-in-+10Million people.

Except the Miis have influential history with Nintendo and they're iconic, can't say the same for :4drmario:.
Do you even Nintendo Puzzle Games. Doc started it all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm just sitting back and enjoying the show.

If things come to worst, I'll be pulling the brakes.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
When the loud cymbals start playing after you've made your strategy, you get REALLY nervous.
Yeah, not to mention that the clock keeps ticking so you have to hurry up on top of that. I just had Brittany keep running from one place to another whilst I tried to get the other two captains to sort out everything else. And then you have that giant blob chasing you around along the way. Pikmin sure knows its sense of urgency I guess. ^^;

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If we didn't have Dark Pit, we wouldn't have two sets of twins.

What are the chances? One in a million? Or maybe four in a million?

(Bonus points for the one who gets the reference.)

Soul.

If we didn't have Dark Pit, we wouldn't have two sets of twins.

What are the chances? One in a million? Or maybe four in a million?

(Bonus points for the one who gets the reference.)
But I thought we had Mario and Luigi! :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom