• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Personally I don't really mind Dr. Mario. He's still a decent character (even with his shady background).
To me, clone characters are a lot like getting socks as a present for Christmas. Did you really want them? Not really. Could you go on without them? Possibly. But for what they're worth (and what we could have gotten), they're not bad by any means.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Dark Palutena for Smash 5.
You must be talking about Medusa :v Who would actually be a worthwhile clone. And for those wondering why I'm OK with Lucina, simply look at her...do you notice anything, do you notice her being the exact same height, build, and personality as Marth? Yeah, neither do I, and do you see how her name says 'Female Marth'? Oh? It doesn't!? Well there's your answer, the same could be said for Alph if he was a clone.
You and I haven't played the same game for sure.

Make sure you listen to these beauties:
Ghirahim Battle
Ballad of the Goddess
The Sky
The Sky
Skyloft
The Sky
The Sky
The Sky

And how can you say no to a fully orchestrated soundtrack?
Fixed that for ya'! The Sky's up there with The Great Ocean.

Also, GameFreak listens to fan demand when making Mega Evolutions, someone should take notes. Especially the same someone that apparently had full control over not adding the most requested character by both sides of the planet.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Apparently ORAS won't have character customization.

...I'd be more upset if there were any good customization options in X&Y.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. That sucks. >:L Customization, however little it was, was a nice little side feature.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I really should get back on Pikmin 3. I stopped at the final area a few months back, haven't taken the time to start it up and try that level again.

I've heard it's insanely difficult, and judging from the small amount of time I did spend in the level on my first attempt, it probably is....doesn't surprise me. One of the rules of the Pikmin games is that the final levels are always hell.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I love clone characters. They're cool and doesn't afraid of anything.

I honestly play the clones more than the original counterpart.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms

Just saying your avatar is excellent. I have it as my PC's profile picture.

I will give you an Official Frostwraith Seal of Approval. Consider it an honor from yours truly.

Honest question;
WOULD I EVER.
NO
IWOULDN'T
Of course you wouldn't. Who in their sane mind would want to go to the dungeon?

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I really should get back on Pikmin 3. I stopped at the final area a few months back, haven't taken the time to start it up and try that level again.

I've heard it's insanely difficult, and judging from the small amount of time I did spend in the level on my first attempt, it probably is....doesn't surprise me. One of the rules of the Pikmin games is that the final levels are always hell.
That final area was pretty crazy yeah. I managed to get through it though by spending a day or two opening up routes so I can escape quicker.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Clone characters are Love, Clone characters are Life.
Except they're not, they're horrible and take the attention away from the ones that should be getting the attention.
That final area was pretty crazy yeah. I managed to get through it though by spending a day or two opening up routes so I can escape quicker.
Real Koppaites do the whole damn thing in a single day! It's hard, but it can be done, and I managed to do it.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I actually use the clones more than the originals.

Except for :4drmario:, I like him but due to mantaining my :4mario: as part of my mains since SSB64, I'm more used to him.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was once bored in class. I decided to write the entire Smash 4 roster in Japanese.

Depends on what kind of dungeon it is ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The one where you're mercilessly tortured by the Great King.

Except they're not, they're horrible and take the attention away from the ones that should be getting the attention.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Real Koppaites do the whole damn thing in a single day! It's hard, but it can be done, and I managed to do it.
Guess I'm not a real Koppaite then.... :T

Congrats though.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You mean those characters that were done last and took practically no time at all, so if we didn't have them we'd just have three less characters?

Taking out the clones doesn't magically bring Mewtwo back, or anyone else for that matter. Without them, we just have three less characters.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
When it comes to clones I do prefer using Toon Link over Link, which is mainly because Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game (and along with Pikmin 2 is one of my top favorite games of all time).

Other than that I don't generally use clones more than the originals (unless you also count Luigi, who's very different from Mario)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Talk about a coincidence. :p Thanks!

The Grim Reaper has been a longtime favorite of mine. When I was little I always thought it was the coolest looking "monster".
You have good taste.

Wait, what's that? A quote from a Kid Icarus character that actually deserved to make it in!?
Define "deserving" without using subjective terms, thank you very much.

You mean those characters that were done last and took practically no time at all, so if we didn't have them we'd just have three less characters?

Taking out the clones doesn't magically bring Mewtwo back, or anyone else for that matter. Without them, we just have three less characters.
Didn't you know Mewtwo is a clone? :troll:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It was a joke...I guess people can insult my entire bloodline but I can't make a joke...
Oh I wasn't insulted or anything. Just thought it would be easier on me to open up the pathways. I might try and do it all in one go if I decide to replay the game one day though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom