• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
When did this whole "salty tears/attitude" thing become a meme, anyway? Seems recent.
I think it has something to do with that South Park episode where Cartman manages to trick some guy into eating his pulverized dead parents and proceeds to lick his tears exclaiming they were yummy.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
When did this whole "salty tears/attitude" thing become a meme, anyway? Seems recent.
I think ChilledChaos made it popular on a MK8 video near the release.

I know rpgMinx is responsible for Mr. Face, but Pewdiepie took all the ****ing credit for that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It also feels good to have better headphones. My old headphones were starting to lose sound qualities.

I love music so I prefer the best sound experience. <3
Agreed.
I had some really cheap, $1 headphones I was using, but my friend left a pair of his at my house and they are much better, as he probably gets, like, $12 headphones.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The state of "saltiness" is a FGC thing, actually. We merely adopted it.

That said, I'm nowhere near sick of it.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Traditional Mario, or non-Paper Mario if you please, uses a hammer as well, in games such as Donkey Kong, Super Mario RPG, the Mario and Luigi games and even briefly in a cut scene in 3D World if I recall correctly.

Maybe a Paper Airplane icon would be better.
Sorry for the late reply, but it could work too. The problem is that you can only use the airplane in TTYD while the hammer is on 4 games and with the lines I made, it's clear who uses this hammer since I took the TTYD texture.

Tough, someone suggested a book with a starman on it...that could be interesting, but for now, I would do the simple way and say his woodem hammer.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The few times I go is either to:
1-Piss Ridley fanboys; I'm no hater however.
2-Laughing at every *wurz mah Ness?!* *Myu2! Myu2! Myu2!!* comments.
I like going a little in-depth with how it works.
The best places are the Smash Bros and Youtube communities. Since they not only tend to be the most active, but the best places for awful content.
Smash Bros is awful all the way through. You may get one smart guy here and there. But it's mostly either troll requests or general crap.

Youtube is a bit more like DeviantART. Come for the decent art (especially in that of the Japanese part of the community. I've seen really good drawings there), stay for nothing else. If you for some ungodly reason stay, you'll find everything from RPs to really creepy (and not in a good way) posts. So it's best to just go for the drawings.

For Smash Bros, it's fair game. You can make jokes at everything. It's like /b/ but with little kids. I can't even call it a "Smash" community. It's as far from Smash Bros as this Social thread. And heck, at least we do at times talk about Smash.
For Youtube, it's a mixed bag. My favorite ones to troll are posts that try to be dark and/or edgy. And keep a positive, friendly tone over everything. And as they try to keep being dark, I try to keep being light.

There really isn't much to talk about the other communities. They have their stupidity. But it's just general stupid. Nothing really interesting like the two above.

Also, I have no idea why, but for Miis the smirk is very popular.

Sugar is also a very big part of breast milk, it would just be weird if people drank breast milk when they are laughing at angry people.
...What are you referring to? When did that ever come up in the conversation?

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Guys
I just got a leak from someone
They said Sakurai cut down on the roster due to the leak
Dark Pit is the only playable character now, and he has 100+ Color Palletes, all of them are a different shade of Black. :troll:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It also feels good to have better headphones. My old headphones were starting to lose sound qualities.

I love music so I prefer the best sound experience. <3
I actually bought a 150$ noise reduction headphones from bose.

Since then, I no longer need speakers because it gives a similar feels with the sound surrounding your head and I was playing stereo wav file. But really, I love them and from someone who really care about sound quality and uses headphones for hours, it's worth in the end.

I can't wait to hear original quality sound test on the 3ds and the OST in CD quality with them. I just love to hear good vgm from time to time like SSBM and TTYD OST.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Falco's not getting confirmed till after release. Like he always has.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Thanks, everyone, for informing me that indeed, the origin of "salt" is in tears.

To think, that I had made it this far without even knowing that much.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Can I say I have changed my mind on hating Baby Rosalina?
Because my god she is just too adorable and precious. I take back anything mean I said about her...I mean, I'm still upset on Dry bones not being playable, but Dry bowser will make up for that anyway. <3

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
#WonadoWridays

There you go.
I fixed the gosh darn hashtag.
...#WarioWridays > All

Status
Not open for further replies.