• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
Those tiers mean nothing.
Your Hawlucha Ava and Sig are glorious.

Also, I wonder if custom moves will be legal? With the alt moves, so many characters are better and there would have to be multiple tier listings (Like Marvel teams). With that said, I agree with this guy, Tier lists did not stop me from maining jiggz in Brawl.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Eh. I don't like tier lists. I don't care what character is good, I'll play who I want.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
...is it wrong that I referred to tier lists in other fighting games...

I mean, I don't worship them, but if the game has been out for a long time, I like to look at tier lists (not one, several) only to get an idea of which characters are stronger than others from other player's experience.

Of course, SSB4 needs more time before people can start putting tier lists together. It's too early now.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Wow. I already see a typo in one of the trophy descriptions. Well then.

So with a slight change of subject, anyone looking for some matches in the next like 20-30 mins?
Possibly. Maybe.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I unlocked all of the characters last night. So now I'm gonna get started on getting all of the Classic and All-Star trophies. I already got both of Mega Man's. And I have Mario's Classic. After that, I'll try and beat Smash Run with every character.

Then get some more practice with Mega Man.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
Right now I've settled with getting all of the characters and rewards. Not looking forward to that 9.0 difficulty on any of the Solo modes.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So, now that most of us have actually played the game, what do you all think of the newcomers?
I've already gone over this before, but now I have all the characters and have played them all at least twice. I'll go over every character because some of the veterans feel almost like newcomers.

:4mario::4drmario:Not a big Mario player, he feels about the same as ever. Dr. Mario feels like Mario and Luigi's love child.
:4luigi:Luigi feels great, Tornado seems buffed, his new jump is amazing, all good for the man in green.
:4peach:Her turnips aren't as slow as I thought they would be, but they did get slowed down. Everything else is alright.
:rosalina:Luma never wants to do what I tell it to, 0/10. She feels alright, though I need to test out Luma more.
:4bowser:RIP Racecar Bowser. He can do some damage for sure, feels a lot more agile.
:4wendy:Wendy because why not. I'm baffled by the fork, is that from "New" SMB? I kind of like how they play.
:4yoshi:Yoshi feels better than ever! And now the eggs all match the alt colours, it's amazing!
:4wario2:No more choppy animations, cha cha cha! No shoulder bash though, but he still feels great.
:4gaw:My big main from Melee, he feels like he got lost between that and Brawl. Can't spam some moves anymore.
:4dk:He finally has his roll attack! He feels pretty great, but not many differences besides the fancy aerial Down B.
:4diddy:He feels like a different character, it's really weird. Bananas are next to useless, but he's buffed elsewhere.
:4link:Link is finally good guys! Really though, he's faster and stronger, and his recovery was buffed massively.
:4zelda:Feels like she did in Brawl, other than the Phantom Slash. Not getting much use out of it either.
:4sheik:Sheik is fast. She's insane, Bouncing Fish and the grenade are amazing moves, so fun to play.
:4ganondorf:About as useless as he was in Brawl. Outside of battle, he's OP (every attack insta-kills in multi man).
:4tlink:Feels nerfed almost. Different on the ground but the same in the air, not much to say.
:4samus:She certainly feels better, lots of good options. Otherwise unchanged.
:4zss:Those rocket heels seriously switched things up. Almost no whip moves anymore, but some very powerful kicks.
:4pit:Arrows were nerfed beyond badly, but he feels great in other areas. Upperdash Arm is like a watered down Falcon Dive.
:4darkpit:Exactly the same as Pit. I still like him though.
:4palutena:A new main! Took my a while to find a combination of specials that worked for me, but she's amazing!
:4marth::4lucina:Marth feels the same. Lucina feels like a better Marth.
:4myfriends:Ike got a speed boost, he's like Captain Falcon with a sword.
:4robinf:Another new main! Reminds my of Olimar almost, but I love the moveset.
:4kirby:Buffed up well, lots of fun.:4dedede:Gordo is insane. Some moves were changed.:4metaknight:No longer OP, still fun to play.
:4littlemac:Surprisingly fun to play, but dead the moment you leave the ground. Alternate forward smashes are fun.
:4fox::4falco:Those voices. Other than a few small details, they don't feel very different. Final Smashes still disappoint.
:4pikachu:Feels really good.:4charizard:Feels really strange.:4lucario:Feels a little different.:4jigglypuff:Feels buffed.:4greninja:Poor man's Sheik.
:4duckhunt:New main for sure! I love their projectile game, it's too good. Love the fourth wall breaking smash attacks.
:4rob:Really buffed. I want to main this buddy, but that would make the list uneven. Spin spin spin.
:4ness:Ness has never felt better! Everything is so good, he's so good, playing is so good. Too good. Good.
:4falcon:I've been getting a lot of very satisfying Knees of Justice. He's definitely better than he was in Brawl.
:4villagerf:Incredibly fun in item matches. I like planting the tree and then just using the axe on people instead.
:4olimar:He's really lost his Brawl glory, but still has potential. Have to get better with Newlimar.
:4wiifit:Awkward is the first word to come to mind. All of her attacks feel counter-intuitive. Not much to say.
:4shulk:I'm really feeling it! You know it's Shulk time! Satisfying range, not using the Monado Arts much, but love his set.
:4pacman:My favorite character in the game. He's just so satisfying to play as, you have no idea. My new big main.
:4megaman:Definitely secondary material, he's really fun once you get used to the Mega Buster.
:4sonic:Somehow feels worse. I'll have to try him out some more, but I'm not liking him so far.
:4miisword::4miigun::4miibrawl:Miis are more fun than I thought they'd be. Brawler and Gunner can wall jump, but not Swordsmii. Why?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
My Sister says I'd be amazing with Duck Hunt.
Since I don't own the game, all I can go off is the fact that I use Mega Man/Villager in the Demo and G&W (As well as Samus) being my Main in Brawl.
Ya think I'd be good with him?

Soul.

It's a bit of a shame this version doesn't have My Music. The reasons are understandable, but I would have loved to hear these songs on the Unova Pokémon League stage.

Elite Four Battle (Pokémon Black / White) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnJwd9zrjiA
Pokémon League (Pokémon Black / White) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV2TSKvbrl8
Victory Road (Pokémon Black / White) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzdfrtCZ0dc
There is always the New 3DS, man. Smash 3DS pushed the original 3DS to its limits, and since the New 3DS has a better CPU, they could use the improved specs to add My Music, just like they added C-Stick compability only for the New 3DS. Let's not forget about Stage DLC too! :troll:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
There is always the New 3DS, man. Smash 3DS pushed the original 3DS to its limits, and since the New 3DS has a better CPU, they could use the improved specs to add My Music, just like they added C-Stick compability only for the New 3DS. Let's not forget about Stage DLC too! :troll:
Don't forget Ice Climbers DLC. :troll:

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Disliking Fox's new voice as well....which stinks a lot for me since he was one of my better characters in Brawl, I used him relatively often.

I used Falco more but I've only fought him once in 4 and haven't played as him yet. Don't really know what he sounds like yet.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
It's a sad but true reality :(
Fox, James, Leon, Slippy and Katt have the exact same VA in 64 3D as they did in 64, which means Fox in this game has the same VA as in Starfox 64. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just got 12:03 seconds with Bowser Jr. in 10-Man Smash.
That's pretty damn good. I think the best I got was 19 seconds.

Their voices definitely did NOT work well with :4fox:&:4falco:
I think Falco's was okay. Not as good as the Brawl voices though. And I don't know if you can switch to Japanese or not.

D

Deleted member

I don't know if it's just me, but I prefer the Melee / 64 Fox design over the Brawl / Smash 3DS and Wii U one. And the voice too, but I'm no Mariotehplumber. :troll:

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
Are they making a new version of the game, or is it just patches that will only be available on the 3DS2?

D

Deleted member

Pac-Man is really weird but incredibly fun. Like I stated earlier in the thread, it almost feels like you're playing Brawl when you're playing him, but at the same time he feels so good and has really solid and deceptively long ranged moves.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Fox, Falco, and Lucario all sound like they were trying to do their best Steve Urkel impressions.

It's the saddest thing I've ever heard in a video game since Super Mario Sunshine's voice acting.
"MARIO! HOW DARE YOU DISTURB MY FAMILY VACATION!"

Had to happen to some of my best mains....

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Fox after Melee looks wierd to me. I loved his design in Melee and now he looks like Doge.
I liked the Melee design the most too. But Brawl's is a very close second for me. I wouldn't mind it if we had a mix of the two designs as Fox's go to look. I don't think it'll happen though.

Fox, Falco, and Lucario all sound like they were trying to do their best Steve Urkel impressions.

It's the saddest thing I've ever heard in a video game since Super Mario Sunshine's voice acting.
I'm pretty sure Fox just had a cold when recording his lines.

Soul.

Are they making a new version of the game, or is it just patches that will only be available on the 3DS2?
Well, you could call it a patch, yes. They are adding more stuff to the game with the New 3DS. Examples include amiibo compability, the ability to use the C-Stick, and I don't know. Maybe they'll add more stuff later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom