• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just doing this joke anyway

Yet another pyrosphere picture but no purple dragon in sight

Still we don't know if hes role is more than a boss
Assuming he's not playable, an Assist Trophy role would be perfect. It'd outright slap people in the face who made nothing but assumptions. Or he could be an "end of mode" boss, which isn't bad either. A Stage Hazard isn't exactly "great" for him, but that's as close to a thing we know so far. It's also a major step down from a real boss, but eh.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Too this day, I still find Sakurai second excuse for the Ice Climbers being cut dumb (They weren't as popular as Nintendo had hoped they'd be) yet I wouldn't necessarily call R.O.B. a memorable character either. He had the most hate of all the Brawl newcomers and the original peripheral was criticized in the past for being noisy.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Too this day, I still find Sakurai second excuse for the Ice Climbers being cut dumb (They weren't as popular as Nintendo had hoped they'd be) yet I wouldn't necessarily call R.O.B. a memorable character either. He had the most hate of all the Brawl newcomers and the original peripheral was criticized in the past for being noisy.
Probably a reason R.O.B. being in Brawl was to promote Mario Kart DS in a way
But that's just my thinking

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
What? I've never heard of Sakurai cutting Ice Climbers because they were unpopular. He said that they weren't high priority. There's a difference lol

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm pretty sure the 2nd reason is tied to the 1st in that regards. Yes Ice Climbers are no more popular then ROB, but ROB was also much easier to implement. It was more then likely a priority issue of taking the time to try to make the IC work on the 3DS wasn't worth the effort it would have taken in their mind given the combo of the two problems.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well something just hit me

But the optimisic brain is messing with my head but

Isn't it a weird coincidence that he showed the Pyrosphere one day before and the United States of America release of smash brothers 3DS

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'm pretty sure the 2nd reason is tied to the 1st in that regards. Yes Ice Climbers are no more popular then ROB, but ROB was also much easier to implement. It was more then likely a priority issue of taking the time to try to make the IC work on the 3DS wasn't worth the effort it would have taken in their mind given the combo of the two problems.
This pretty much. They would put more time and effort into finding a way to make it work, but it'd take a lot of resources, which would risk in more content (in general) getting cut. And there's a good chance IC can't work on the 3DS at all without drastic compromises. So they made the right call dropping IC to avoid such a risk, as painful as it is to say.

Hopefully DLC will be a thing for them... but who knows? I definitely count on them getting in Smash 5, for sure!

Hey guys. Guess what?

I got the game today. >:3
I would feel jealous but the demo relieved the wait a bit.

Grats though

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well something just hit me

But the optimisic brain is messing with my head but

Isn't it a weird coincidence that he showed the Pyrosphere one day before and the United States of America release of smash brothers 3DS
2muchstraws4me

MasterBlu

Smash Cadet
Happy Smash 4 day.
Dude, in your sig, is that the same Aziz used to play competitive Pokemon back in the old days? How the heck did he end up with VGBC? Its been like 5-6 years since I left the Pokemon scene (competitively) (we were both from NJ/NY area like most good TCG players were at the time) but its weird how things come full circle like that. Idk I just felt that I had to comment on that.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
One rule of this thread.

Its always Waluigi Time.
:B
----
Kinda out there, but does anyone know someone by the alias of AcidAce?
Y'know
Some fellow, represented by a Kirby with teeth and some hair
Loves Bacon
Irritating Voice
Someone who I DESPISE
Them?
No?
Sorryforasking.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What? I've never heard of Sakurai cutting Ice Climbers because they were unpopular. He said that they weren't high priority. There's a difference lol
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/09/1...s-arent-in-smash-bros-wii-u-and-nintendo-3ds/

According to the second part (which may be different depending on the article), he was implying that they were low priority since Nintendo doesn't know what to do with the Ice Climber franchise in the future Though R.O.B. may be off the hook since he always made minor cameos In many games. As for Duck Hunt, we shouldn't hold our breath for a new game since a lot of people hated him in the past (even to the point of just the ducks making a cameo in Wii Play's Shooting Gallery).

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/09/1...s-arent-in-smash-bros-wii-u-and-nintendo-3ds/

According to the second part (which may be different depending on the article), he was implying that they were low priority since Nintendo doesn't know what to do with the Ice Climber franchise in the future Though R.O.B. may be off the hook since he always made minor cameos In many games. As for Duck Hunt, we shouldn't hold our breath for a new game since a lot of people hated him in the past (even to the point of just the ducks making a cameo in Wii Play's Shooting Gallery).
Prehaps so, that didn't really stop them for being included in Brawl either. To be honest it still appears the technical issues played a larger role given elements from Ice Climbers were left in the 3DS version seeming to suggested that they were going to bring them if it hadn't been for the technical issues which would of made development much harder for a character is definitely like ROB in popularity, having them be low priority just made it much easier to the team to drop them much earlier in the process when the technical limitations were becoming apparant.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Whoa. when multiple people like a single post of yours you only get one alert about it instead of a different alert for every like and the same alert just updates when someone new likes it. That's pretty nifty.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well 24 hours for me now. The place I pre-order doesn't open till 10 AM CDT tomorrow. Not a big deal though, that means I won't screw up my sleep schedule from a Midnight release as I definitely would have >>.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently there is a gamestop doing a midnight release of smash. I am going to call to confirm though

Edit: Would you have to have preordered the game to do the whole midnight release thing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom