• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I just realized that the end of the reveal trailer for Little Mac may be a reference to his future obesity in Captain Rainbow. Or maybe I'm overthinking things.
Wasn't Captain Rainbow released before Punch-Out!! Wii?

I think he would've recovered by then as no longer being cosidered as a forgotten Nintendo character.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
It's the version most promoted in trailers; it allows to pit Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man in HD, can be played with a Gamecube controller and obviously will have more content than the 3DS version has, of course there will be hype.
I sure hope so. I mean, WiiU aint doing as hot as 3DS is, and most people will already get theyr Smash fix 2 months in advance, so Im wondering if additional modes and few touches would really make people excited for what is at its core the same game most of them already played. With Sakurai talking about how he sees WiiU version as Smash 5, I really would like some bigger selling points, like new characters exclusive to the version (which isnt happening as it was stated by him that both versions will have the same roster, but then again Sakurai changes his mind a lot so who the hell knows)

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Wasn't Captain Rainbow released before Punch-Out!! Wii?

I think he would've recovered by then as no longer being cosidered as a forgotten Nintendo character.
A Transformer fan I see not like the username didn't made it obvious
Energon, Revenge of the Fallen and Kiss Players are the best adaptations of the franchise
:troll:

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
I mean I like the idea of a portable Smash alongside console Smash.... but not with such a big release gap, and certainly not when WiiU is doing so poorly. Smash is a Nintendo heavy hitter, WiiU needs those right now. I may be controvential here but I really think 3DS version should have been scrapped after the initial WiiU sales got in (and who knows, focus on a single version could mean more features and characters, and Ice Climbers wouldnt get cut for sure).

Its just salt. Pay no mind to it.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I just realized that the end of the reveal trailer for Little Mac may be a reference to his future obesity in Captain Rainbow. Or maybe I'm overthinking things.
I like to think of the Punch-Out timeline as this:

- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out/Orginal Arcade Punch-Out: Little Mac rises to the top and claims his title.
- Super Punch-Out: Little Mac once again takes his title as the champion.
- Captain Rainbow: Years of losing cause Little Mac to let himself go, putting on tons of weight.
- Punch-Out!! (Wii): With the help of his old recently-released-from-jail/registered child molester trainer, Doc Louis, he trains, and trains, and trains, putting himself into the best condition he's ever been in. He once again claims his rightful title as champ.
- Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: Being one of the best (if not THE best) boxers in the world, Mac receives and invitation to the famous Super Smash Cup Tournament, where he will fight the most legendary fighters of all time, except Mewtwo, Ridley, and K. Rool.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
I like to think of the Punch-Out timeline as this:

- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out/Orginal Arcade Punch-Out: Little Mac rises to the top and claims his title.
- Super Punch-Out: Little Mac once again takes his title as the champion.
- Captain Rainbow: Years of losing cause Little Mac to let himself go, putting on tons of weight.
- Punch-Out!! (Wii): With the help of his old recently-released-from-jail/registered child molester trainer, Doc Louis, he trains, and trains, and trains, putting himself into the best condition he's ever been in. He once again claims his rightful title as champ.
- Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: Being one of the best (if not THE best) boxers in the world, Mac receives and invitation to the famous Super Smash Cup Tournament, where he will fight the most legendary fighters of all time, except Mewtwo, Ridley, and K. Rool.
What about the Adult Timeline, though?

Quote420

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quote420
I mean I like the idea of a portable Smash alongside console Smash.... but not with such a big release gap, and certainly not when WiiU is doing so poorly. Smash is a Nintendo heavy hitter, WiiU needs those right now. I may be controvential here but I really think 3DS version should have been scrapped after the initial WiiU sales got in (and who knows, focus on a single version could mean more features and characters, and Ice Climbers wouldnt get cut for sure).

Its just salt. Pay no mind to it.
Wii U version wasn't even considered until after the 3DS version. The Wii U version is pretty much an extension of the 3DS version. I miss the Climbers too, but you can't say that it's not a sacrifice worth having made for the fun that playing smash anywhere and everywhere gives.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Ok, right now my iPad is glitching up ever since I updated it this morning, I'm having trouble with uploading images and embedding media on Safari using my iPad. I had to use my phone to make some earlier posts.
A Transformer fan I see not like the username didn't made it obvious
Energon, Revenge of the Fallen and Kiss Players are the best adaptations of the franchise
:troll:
i would've figured you were too since your location says "Cybertron",

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I'm just going to do the 120 VS matches to unlock all the characters. 1 stamina abuse lol.
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but Smash 3DS is basically Smash Bros Lite, which means no stamina mode, no coin battle and no Special Free-4-All. And you can't adjust the item frequency either.

I will still buy, and love, Smash 4 3DS, but I can't help but think it feels incomplete. I hope these modes are added in an update or something.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but Smash 3DS is basically Smash Bros Lite, which means no stamina mode, no coin battle and no Special Free-4-All. And you can't adjust the item frequency either.
I will still buy, and love, Smash 4 3DS, but I can't help but think it feels incomplete. I hope these modes are added in an update or something.
Canceling pre-order in 3, 2, 1...

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Let's have a moment of silence for the 5 people who played coin battle often.

But I wish they could have delayed the game to add more features rather than rush to meet deadlines. Of course, the new 3DS will be more favorable to handle the amount of content Smash has.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
Wii U version wasn't even considered until after the 3DS version. The Wii U version is pretty much an extension of the 3DS version. I miss the Climbers too, but you can't say that it's not a sacrifice worth having made for the fun that playing smash anywhere and everywhere gives.
I mean, sure... but for a price of burrying your home console? I wouldnt have any complaints if WiiU sold great, but now Im not sure how well will WiiU version do. Thats my biggest fear basicaly, how well will WiiU version do now? Where will be majority of the community play on? Where will the competitive scene play the most on? Its just a bunch of doubts.

Last edited:

Quote420

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quote420

I honestly can't think of a time anyone I know actually played stamina/coin/special mode other than to see what it is. I wouldn't be surprised if they were cut in favor of developing something else, seeing how tragically underplayed they are. Item frequency is a shame though, dunno why they took that out.

I mean, sure... but for a price of burrying your home console? I wouldnt have any complaints if WiiU sold great, but now Im not sure how well would WiiU version do. Thats my biggest fear basicaly, how well will WiiU version do now? Where will be mjority of the community go? Where will the competitive scene play the most on? Its just a bunch of doubts.
The 3DS is much better selling of a console than the Wii U (not 100% sure on this, pls don't bash me if I'm wrong), and I would assume that the game is going to sell more copies on 3DS than on Wii U, even without release dates considered due to the fact that many more people own a 3DS than a Wii U. If the Wii U version flopped, the 3DS version would still provide a profit even with losses of the Wii U version considered. If Smash won't sell Wii U's, nothing will. And as far as where the majority of the scene, I would assume they're going to go to the Wii U version, seeing as it's probably much better to watch while actually being at a tournament, as you couldn't see the matches being played without being the person playing or external equipment.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
You mean when he died at the end of Twilight Princess? Or you mean after he was "executed"?
In the case of the latter, no, the Triforce did not leave him.
The former, actually. I haven't played TP in a long time so I didn't remember the sages trying to execute him.

Last edited:

Soul.

The Wii U bundle looks cool, but I'm still not interested in the console. I don't know why.
I kinda prefer handhelds more.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
7 days till we SETTLE IT IN SMASH.
Who pissed you off in this thread that you want to settle it in Smash with?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
So I thought this looked funny

Translation: Play and kill all the characters you hate.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Surprising noone.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I mean, sure... but for a price of burrying your home console? I wouldnt have any complaints if WiiU sold great, but now Im not sure how well will WiiU version do. Thats my biggest fear basicaly, how well will WiiU version do now? Where will be majority of the community play on? Where will the competitive scene play the most on? Its just a bunch of doubts.
The competitive scene is going Wii U no matter what, while it's much easier to host and stream tournaments on a home console the real thing that guarantees the Wii U being the competitive darling is that you can use a proper controller, and top players are pretty damn serious about their controllers, there's a reason M2K walks around at tourneys with a box full of GC controllers that have been worn down differently. Yes, you can use a Gamecube controller on the 3DS, but that's via 3rd party software that's not being mass-distributed. This combined with the neat extra that is HD graphics leaves the 3DS version in the dust on the competitive front.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom