• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Well, the list is pretty long, but I have no hard feelings. I'm conscious of how forgettable I am, that's why I almost always post pics to call atttention.

I don't like to be that personal on the internet.
Since I'm quick to forgive, I already took you off my list. But I'm begging you not to do it again.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Yup. I go to a tournament at least weekly and I have a national Melee / P:M tournament on the 28th.
I wonder if I would actually ever be able to play in any tournaments.
I wouldn't call myself "casual," but I'm no good with advanced techniques or anything..
I have no idea how to actually gauge my skill... I'm beating level 8's in the demo, is that good?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If I played a tourney it'd be an easy win for my first challenger.

I like playing Smash for fun.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I wonder if I would actually ever be able to play in any tournaments.
I wouldn't call myself "casual," but I'm no good with advanced techniques or anything..
I have no idea how to actually gauge my skill... I'm beating level 8's in the demo, is that good?
You're not the only one. I still haven't beaten Brawl's classic in Intense with everyone. Actually, only with Mario, Pokémon Trainer, Meta Knight and (surprisingly) Ganondorf.

Neither with anyone in Melee in Very Hard or completed the last event.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
...I can't beat it with anyone.

I must suck terribly.
We all have our own different level of skill. I call myself an "intermadiate". The same time you need to get better to know each character, stage and items if you play with them or how not to if you don't like them.

Who knows, maybe there's a character you'll be very good at without knowing yet in Sm4sh.

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
I have no intentions of playing competitively with my Smash 3DS copy.

Now when I get the Wii U version, that'll be a COMPLETELY different story.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Imma playing the demo for five days on elevated computer levels, and Y'know whose Final Smash always kills me? PIKACHU!!!! No final smash has killed me yet but PIKACHU!!!

I should just start practicing with Pikachu and see how they all like THEM apples! HEHEHEHEHEHE

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
We all have our own different level of skill. I call myself an "intermadiate". The same time you need to get better to know each character, stage and items if you play with them or how not to if you don't like them.

Who knows, maybe there's a character you'll be very good at without knowing yet in Sm4sh.
I'm good with a lot of characters, I just can't beat Boss Rush on intense.

I've actually be consistently beating random level 8 CPUs with each character in the demo, and I rarely use Mario or Pikachu.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I do know now. I'm looking forward to Palutena. How is she?
Eh, I was really uncomfortable using her at first but after playing a lot with her, I've gotten pretty okay with her.

Mind games. It's ALL mind games with her.

I was just wondering. Are you any good with Peach? Just asking since I saw BlahBlahLPs play the classic mode with peach and used a continue five times
I actually haven't used her yet. I'm not a fan of the character.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I was just wondering. Are you any good with Peach? Just asking since I saw BlahBlahLPs play the classic mode with peach and used a continue five times
And there's this guy who defeats master core on intesity 9 without receiving damage as Ganondorf, i don't think we can judge a character based on how well it does on Classic mode.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
The closest I've ever gotten to playing competitive smash is beating my roommate's boyfriend in several of the matches we played in Brawl. He's competitive with Melee.

I also beat my boyfriend about 80% of the tournament matches we once played in Brawl.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Eh, I was really uncomfortable using her at first but after playing a lot with her, I've gotten pretty okay with her.

Mind games. It's ALL mind games with her.

I actually haven't used her yet. I'm not a fan of the character.
Well, have you ever used the Balloon Fight stage? I've noticed that BlahBlahLPs actually had some kinda trick utilizing the sides of the stage for easier KO's and I couldn't see what it was.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Good to know.
At least that's the way I play. I actually kind of have to "troll" with her. And I hate when people do that, but it just suits the character. I haven't really seen that many other people use her, so I'm not sure if I'm using her correctly.

Well, have you ever used the Balloon Fight stage? I've noticed that BlahBlahLPs actually had some kinda trick utilizing the sides of the stage for easier KO's and I couldn't see what it was.
Yeah it's strange. You can walk past the blast zone and end up on the other stage. But if you get hit past the zone, you die. It's kinda confusing unless you yourself is playing.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It seems Mr. Game & Watch has his 2D View, 3D Model aspect from Melee returning for Smash 4.
Classic Mode proves it.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club I'm mostly a Mario and Samus player, how buffed/nerfed are they compared to Brawl?
I think Mario has better combos, and from what I heard FLUDD actually is somewhat useful. I was able to easily beat level 9's in the demo with him, so if you play that you can check him out. I think he's better.

While Sakurai said Samus was the best during the E3 build, she isn't the best now. I haven't used her, but playing against her is difficult for me. She's harder to KO and her attack just seem better overall. But you can tell she still has weaknesses. If you miss it will probably be a problem.

Most characters feel stronger than before. Except for Metaknight, Falco, and Game and Watch I think.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think Mario has better combos, and from what I heard FLUDD actually is somewhat useful. I was able to easily beat level 9's in the demo with him, so if you play that you can check him out. I think he's better.

While Sakurai said Samus was the best during the E3 build, she isn't the best now. I haven't used her, but playing against her is difficult for me. She's harder to KO and her attack just seem better overall.

Most characters feel stronger than before. Except for Metaknight and Game and Watch I think.
Tell me about Charizard and Greninja por favor.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Tell me about Charizard and Greninja por favor.
Hm, what to say about them... I used Greninja once and he might have a larger learning curve than other characters. His shadow sneak is best used on Flat Zone 2 and other darker stages in Omega form since it's harder to track. I usually split matches with the character. One flaw is that you can't cancel down-aerial I think. Since I got a guy to think we were still above the stage when we were actually in the air, and he died. His recovery is good, it pushed me when I was in a vulnerable state once, and it didn't hit me out of it, so I died instead of making it back to the stage.

Charizard's flame charge is kind of useful, it does about 9% damage to him I think? Might be wrong on that. He seems buffed up to me though. Don't miss with Flame Charge or he can plummet to his doom. That happened to a guy I fought against. I like having the extra move, but his recovery still seems lacking.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Remember a few days ago we were talking about Johnny Bravo
well

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

While Sakurai said Samus was the best during the E3 build, she isn't the best now. I haven't used her, but playing against her is difficult for me. She's harder to KO and her attack just seem better overall. But you can tell she still has weaknesses. If you miss it will probably be a problem.

Most characters feel stronger than before. Except for Metaknight, Falco, and Game and Watch I think.
Game and watch is weaker? Nooooooooooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom