• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I still think there's still something going on with them.
Just unused assets that they probably forgot to remove mixed with a weird glitch.
Still, it wouldn't surprise me if they were DLC just because so much of their assets already seem to be created.
I'm convinced Sakurai has the guts to go back on his word about the rosters being exactly the same.

Of course he could be wimpy like how he put in Dark Pit without letting anyone know until they bought the game.
To be fair, revealing a clone in a trailer isn't exactly something that screams "good advertising".

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just unused assets that they probably forgot to remove mixed with a weird glitch.
Still, it wouldn't surprise me if they were DLC just because so much of their assets already seem to be created.
I have a theory on this, and personally it's all grasping straws and opinions, but I think I may have an answer.
See, they said that they were having issues, and were put on the lowest priority. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean they're impossible to put in, it just means they couldn't now. I mean, games don't have an infinite period of development, they have to be finished at some point. So, this leads into a couple possibilities.

1. They announce them as DLC when Smash Wii U is released. Not only does it give them more time to work on Ice Climbers, but it gives fans a neat surprise when the game is out. And it gives people a surprise, since I'm sure many still have hopes for the roster. Why not give them more characters, to give a bit more variety to the Wii U.

2. They announce them when the New 3DS is released worldwide (or whenever Japan gets it). Now, I know what many of you will say. "But they can't do that! One can't take priority over another!" Of which I reply with the fact that the 3DS does not support Smash pictures on Miiverse and the Circle Pad Pro but the New 3DS can. And from a marketing standpoint, it is a decent idea to bring in more sales.

3. Wii U connectivity. Let's face it, the Wii U has been a mystery for quite some time. None of us know what on earth the two will do. Some say customization, others say Miis, I say characters. It's brilliant. People buy the Wii U version, unlock the characters, and then send them to the 3DS. And since there is still that customization in terms of moves, there is a reason to try them out. It's like a game of Pokemon in a way. Only it's a one-way trade.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I check all of them actually
Really?

Well then, May I request an emote? We've got the dog from duck hunt, but we still need the duck itself.

I'd make it myself but I'm not at the computer right now, so I can't exactly do that. Well, right now anyways. I could totally make one tomorrow if you want tho

Also Luma

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well a little video from gamexplain about the rumors to shift us back to smash subject

(Only to get us on track )

Well, this is the social thread. So there's no real topic that we "need" to stay on. We talk about whatever the **** we want to. And that's how we like it.

Soul.

Speculation talk. Meh. I thought we had the "all characters unlocked" message.
Lol GameXplain.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wow.
No wonder I thought Dark Souls 2 was uglier than the first game.
It got a complete downgrade when it was put on consoles.
If you look at the demo version and compare it to now, the difference is staggering in how terrible it looks.

Is this false advertising?

D

Deleted member

Wow.
No wonder I thought Dark Souls 2 was uglier than the first game.
It got a complete downgrade when it was put on consoles.
If you look at the demo version and compare it to now, the difference is staggering in how terrible it looks.

Is this false advertising?
It looks amazing on the PC, though that's usually the standard for multiplatform games.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Koko ni watashi no mainichi no posutoda. 〜 Seika GET!!!!!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is one of those "At Walmart" photos

Trolls exist

#IWANTTOBELIEVE

Edit

Another Walmart joke

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

From what I understand, the base game looks the same as the console version, and I don't know if it just personal taste, but it looks terrible.
Honestly videos and pictures can't really do it justice, you actually NEED to play it in order to notice the difference. Of course you need a good computer to do that so not everybody can actually play it on PC.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The wii u add said I could play the tablet while on the toilet, and the toilet is real close to my room

But it disconnects

Stupid lying wii add

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly videos and pictures can't really do it justice, you actually NEED to play it in order to notice the difference. Of course you need a good computer to do that so not everybody can actually play it on PC.
Well, from what I'm hearing from everyone who has played it, it still doesn't look nearly as good as it did before.
It just irks me because of my friend who insists DS2 looks leaps and bounds better than Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, when that is clearly not the case.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How come animals taught EVERY other nation how to bend except the water nation?

Is there no water bending animals?

They learned it from the moon

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm still trying to pick a Pokemon team. I know for sure that Goodra and Mismagius will be on it, they're favorites.

I really like shiny Ampharos too. Pokemon that can learn Fly/Surf would be necessary as well...
Not very many good Fairy types, either. This is hard.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm still trying to pick a Pokemon team. I know for sure that Goodra and Mismagius will be on it, they're favorites.

I really like shiny Ampharos too. Pokemon that can learn Fly/Surf would be necessary as well...
Not very many good Fairy types, either. This is hard.
Those are 3 of my favorite pokemon

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
@aldelaro5 I don't know if you noticed this, but Bowser Jr. in Smash is more of a reference to Paper Mario than it would seem at first glance. I don't think Bowser Jr. ever uses a clown car outside of Sticker Star, and one of his moves (the pummel) is a direct reference to an item from Paper Mario (I can't remember the name, it's the red hammer).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
@aldelaro5 I don't know if you noticed this, but Bowser Jr. in Smash is more of a reference to Paper Mario than it would seem at first glance. I don't think Bowser Jr. ever uses a clown car outside of Sticker Star, and one of his moves (the pummel) is a direct reference to an item from Paper Mario (I can't remember the name, it's the red hammer).
He uses the clown car in New Super Mario Wii U

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

NSMB series, Dream Team, more than I'm probably forgetting.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Those are 3 of my favorite pokemon
Goodra is my favorite Pokemon and Mismagius is my favorite Ghost type. I like Ampharos far more than Pikachu, actually, and its pink shiny colouration is cute. These three were the easy choices to make, though picking three more is tough.

I think I may pick Gardevoir for the Psychic/Fairy typing, and Hawlucha for Fighting/Flying.

I still need one capable of surfing, though.

Soul.

Goodra is my favorite Pokemon and Mismagius is my favorite Ghost type. I like Ampharos far more than Pikachu, actually, and its pink shiny colouration is cute. These three were the easy choices to make, though picking three more is tough.

I think I may pick Gardevoir for the Psychic/Fairy typing, and Hawlucha for Fighting/Flying.

Do you need a strong Water-type or just a typical one for Surf?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

My favorite fighting type is Breloom, but Srafty is pretty close and I usually consider it my favorite Dark type

I don't like Dark pokemon though, I don't know why

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Do you need a strong Water-type or just a typical one for Surf?
Just something that can use Surf. There are some non-Water types that can use it, right?
My favorite fighting type is Breloom, but Srafty is pretty close and I usually consider it my favorite Dark type

I don't like Dark pokemon though, I don't know why
I actually don't care for Fighting types much, but Hawlucha is one of the better looking Pokemon that can Fly.

The only thing I really dislike is having overlapping types in my team, so that also makes things difficult.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just something that can use Surf. There are some non-Water types that can use it, right?

I actually don't care for Fighting types much, but Hawlucha is one of the better looking Pokemon that can Fly.

The only thing I really dislike is having overlapping types in my team, so that also makes things difficult.
Speaking of overlapping types

My first competitive team for X and Y had 3 dragons without me noticing

Goodra, Tyrantrum and Mega Ampharos

In the generation that introduced a new dragon killer I added 3 dragon types

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom